PDA

View Full Version : hiccuping after eating carrots? HELP! ;)

finn's mom
06-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Hey, everyone. I'm on the phone with Ben, eating some veggies. I always get hiccups when I eat carrots, could that be a form of an allergy? I know it's weird, but, I just wondered. It's actually funny, because the hiccups are obnoxious. :) But, I'm going to do a little research on the internet, but, wanted to see if anyone had any insight......

Karen
06-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Yup. I'm allergic to carrots myself, so know it's possible!

finn's mom
06-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Yup. I'm allergic to carrots myself, so know it's possible!

does it make you hiccup?

Karen
06-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Doesn't make me hiccup, but have gastrointestinal consequences. But hiccups can be an allergic reaction, I remember my allergy doc asking me which of a list of reactions I was having.

carole
06-10-2005, 11:28 PM
I don't get hiccups but after eating a raw carrot or banana my throat gets very itchy, I believe I must have a slight allergy as well, although when the carrot is cooked no problem, I hope it does not get worse as I love both these foods.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-11-2005, 03:23 AM
He he, raw carrots ALWAYS give me hiccups!! It's embarrassing when I get that in the middle of a restaurant...:eek:
I am NOT allergic to carrots. I think it is because it feels "dry"? Whenever I eat a slice of bread without drinking as well, I get the hiccops too!!

orangemm
06-11-2005, 06:43 AM
I ALWAYS hiccup when I eat raw carrots. Dunno why, it happens 99% of the time. I never considered an allergy!?

But, it doesn't stop me.

finn's mom
06-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
Whenever I eat a slice of bread without drinking as well, I get the hiccops too!!

Me, too, most of the time. But, almost every time I eat raw baby carrots, I get the hiccups. ;) I don't know that I'm allergic, but, maybe....or maybe, I'm just eating them to quickly. I'm going to try eating them in super, ultra slow motion today. :)