PDA

View Full Version : You know your kitty is not real bright when...

CalliesMom
06-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Okay, I must admit. I'm a squish-a-holic. I like to pick my kitties up and cradle them like babies...then I proceed to give their noses tons of kisses. Callie came into the office complaining about something as usual and I had to squish her. I put her down, she complained again, I picked her back up, squished her...then she came back to me to get squished a 3rd time. :rolleyes:

I bought them some hair ball treats and asked Callie if she wanted a "snackies." Of course, she meowed and I put it in her food dish...she would have nothing to do with it. I then walked back to the bedroom to give some to Shadow and she followed me as if I was offering something to Shadow that I didn't give them. :rolleyes:

Whisper has no real brains, he is all beauty. Poor guy. You would think he was abused as he's AFRAID of everything. We are going through our closets and I found my favorite stuffed polar bear. I put it in the living room and he acted like it was going to get him. He walked up to it real slow, sniffed, I walked by causing him to freak out and he jumped away running into the other room. :rolleyes:

Shadow attacks EVERYTHING that moves under the blanket which is quite fun at 2 AM. She also is the most "regular" cat I've ever met..if you get my drift. Since she stays in the bedroom with us at night, her litter box is in the bedroom--all of three/four feet from my face. 4 AM like clock work...scratch scratch scratch...she goes poopies and does not cover it up but she'll scratch AROUND it for twenty minutes. :mad: :rolleyes: It's so bad sometimes the smell wakes my husband..not the incessant scratching but the smell. I cannot wait until we move..her litter box is going in the bathroom. LOL

Am I the only one whose cats "aren't so bright?"

rg_girlca
06-10-2005, 10:48 PM
LOL!!!! I can just picture Whisper approaching that scary bear.
I love your comments about each of your cats.

I have a few no-brainers here also.

Mooky is like Shadow. Has his poops, scratches the side of the box like he is trying to dig down to China, but is the poops covered. Nope.

Poppy, for some reason, spooks very easily. He won't go near the cat house anymore, because the other night, instead of going out the door, he tried to get out through the small window on the side. Got stuck, tried to run sticking half in and half out of the house, dragging it with him and went ballistic, until meowmie rescued him.

Sades tries to climb the walls and Katie will hiss at any furkid that dares to walk by her.
I think the only sane one I have here is my special boy Chipper and of course Wild Willy, but he is still young yet.:)

I forgot to add that I am also a squish-a-holic.:D

catmandu
06-10-2005, 11:13 PM
I HAD A CAT,DUNCAN,THAT WAS VERY SLOW.HE DROOLED ALL,THE TIME,AND WHEN HE WANTED OUT,HE WOULD SIT,IN FRONT,OF THE ELLAR DOOR,AND OFTEN GOT LOST,IN OUR CLOSETS.HE,WAS SUCH A LOVING CAT,THOUGH,YOU WERE AFRAID,TO PICK HIM UP,AS HE WOULD SOAK,YOU,BUT WE LOVED HIM,UNTIL HE HAD,TO BE PUT,TO SLEEP,AS HIS THOUGHT PROCESSES,WERE FAILING,AND HE,WAS FORGETTING,HOW,TO EAT,OR GO,TO THE BATHROOM.I STILL THINK,OF DUNCAN,AND THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO,AND I KNOW,THAT HE,AND THE PET TALKER ANGELS,ARE FRIENDS,AS DUNCAN LOVER EVERYBODY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1053.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
06-11-2005, 01:56 AM
LOL These stories are funny.:) For some reason when my laundry basket is full of clothes this scares Sunny. He'll walk by it very slowly as if something is going to jump out of it and get him.:eek: He's my super cautious kitty.

Sky also loves to dig and make a lot of noise by scratching the sides and the front of the litterbox. He does this for about 5-10 minutes if I let him and then he'll jump out only to jump back in again and dig some more. He will eventually cover up his business but it takes him forever to do so.
:rolleyes:

Storm is just too smart for his own good and has a very good memory. If I try to hide something from him he'll remember where I put it. He does have a fetish for butt rubs and butt spankings. He can't get enough of these and he'll cry for more and then roll around and act very goofy just like he does when he gotten into catnip.:)

Another funny story was when one of my friends came over to visit the cats. She was wearing flip flops that had monkey faces on them. She took them off and Storm fell in love with them and sat on one of them like he was going to try to hatch it. He claimed it as is own and didn't want to give it back to her.:)

I still had Cirrus then and Sunny, Sky, and Cirrus were very afraid of the flip flops. I guess the monkey faces scared them. If we pushed one of the flip flops towards them, they'd jump and run away. They would also approach them very cautiously and slowly. It was just so funny to watch them.:D

smokey the elder
06-11-2005, 07:12 AM
My former foster Buddy wasn't too swift. He kept hitting on Bosun, and she'd swat the heck out of him, but he'd keep coming back! He always had such a dopey look on his face. If he hadn't come with the name Buddy I would have named him Homer.:p

cubby31682
06-11-2005, 08:28 AM
I have a not so bright kitty. His name is Cubby. Cubby gets spooked from everything. If I walk in the room to quick he freaks. If Gracie is playing he freaks. The sad part of all this is when he gets scared where does he go now? Under the bed NOOOO! He goes to his food dish to eat and watch us.

He still chases his tail, he is 4 years old I thought they stop doing that after 12 weeks. WRONG!! Anyways, he chases it on the bed and when he falls off he gets back on the bed and bites who ever is on the bed watching him. He has a very mean side to him though.

If he sees that cat that looks just like him in the mirror, he runs behind the mirror to find him. If he can't find him he comes back to the front of the mirror and beats the snot out of the other cat for running aways. :rolleyes: He is such a special cat at times. Lol

CalliesMom
06-11-2005, 04:28 PM
bump

King Spartacus
06-12-2005, 07:10 AM
I'm actually quite smart... I have trained mamma and daddy well, and they listen to my demands and will do as told (feed me, let me out, cuddle, leave me alone)... I'm also very good at using my paws, and will pick things off the floor, and sometimes even juggle with them from paw to paw. I can also stand and walk on my hidlegs if needed. Mamma did an intelligence test on me, and I ended up as a Superior Kitty...
BUT - mamma got a big wooden cat figurine for her birthday... and when I saw it I attacked it! Yup, I puffed my fur up, got a huge big bushy tail, and then slapped the wooden cat! That's when the embarrassment sank in, and I noticed it was only a wooden figurine... oh well!