PDA

View Full Version : Today is my prom

wolfsoul
06-10-2005, 03:10 PM
It's my grad dinner & dance today. :)

You know, I'm NEVER sick -- but I woke up feeling totally flu-ish. I threw up and I feel so bad. I took a shower though and I'm starting to feel alot better. My body picked the ONE day that I can't be sick to be sick. :rolleyes:

So I'm off to get my hair styled in an hour, and my mom is picking up my contacts. They are green . :D Unfortunatly though, because I'm sick, I'm dizzy and my eyes feel really weird. I know the contacts will just irritate them more. :(

Oh well. I'll get TONS of pictures. Jynnelle is going to be my "date" (my real date decided not to go, and Jynnelle wants to wear her dress one last time lol), so she's going to see if she can find her digital camera so she can take pictures too. Pray that I feel better and that my heels don't make me fall on my face.

finn's mom
06-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Aw, man, I am sorry you're not feeling well. :( But, as for the heels, take them off. Seriously, if it makes you feel better, don't wear them very long. I think I wore mine for fifteen minutes!

luvofallhorses
06-10-2005, 03:29 PM
I am sorry to hear you're sick :(. I agree with finn's mom, don't wear the heels, they will only make you feel worse. I hope you feel better and have a great time! :D

elizabethann
06-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Perhaps you're just so excited that you're not feeling well? But I do hope you feel better. Aaahhh...I remember those days well. That was many many moons ago....you weren't even born.

Have fun and show us pictures!!!

primabella
06-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Hope you feel better soon Jordan. Maybe you're just anxious for the night.. I know I was. Well, it was a mixture of anxiety and dread, lol. I hope you guys have a good time. :)

lizbud
06-10-2005, 07:44 PM
I hope you have a super great time.:)

Oggyflute
06-10-2005, 07:46 PM
You will probably feel better closer to the event Jordan. Congratulations, and relax and enjoy yourself.:)

K9soul
06-10-2005, 08:16 PM
I hope you're enjoying your prom :). I went to mine but left early because I had no date and was severely depressed seeing all the couples having such a good time :p. I was in a hand-me-down dress too and felt embarrassed, even though you couldn't really tell it wasn't new. But dresses are expensive and we didn't have a lot of money at the time.

I have never worn full blown high heels in my life. I just never saw the point in being miserable for the sake of fashion :D. Maybe that's why I didn't have a date? LOL ;). Thankfully I married a guy who doesn't care about that stuff :). I sure hope you are feeling better!

Shelteez2
06-10-2005, 09:20 PM
I hope you are feeling better and having a great time right now!

I bet you look great, I can't wait to see pics.....of Jynnelle too.

Remember...don't do anything I would do and you'll be just fine...:) :p

wolfsoul
06-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Thanks everyone! I did end up feeling a bit better through the night...I was still a bit nausious (sp), but it got better. The prom was really boring, as I knew it would be.

I got TONS of pictures, but I haven't uploaded them because I just got home, and I have no time to do it now because my ceremony is in an hour.

But I promise to post them within the next couple of days!

manda_moo87
06-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Aw, sorry to feel your not feeling so good Jordan. I hope you have a wonderful time, my Prom was two weekends ago and it was great fun. :) Looking forward to pictures, I'm sure you'll look beautiful!

cali
06-11-2005, 04:51 PM
cant wait to see the pics! I took my best friend as my date to mine too lol

KYS
06-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Glad you had a great time even though it was a bit
boring, will be looking forward to the pictures.

finn's mom
06-12-2005, 05:53 AM
I'm glad you felt better, but, sorry your prom was boring! I can't wait to see your dress, though!

slick
06-12-2005, 09:13 AM
Jordan, can't wait to see those pretty pictures!!!

elizabethann
06-13-2005, 07:43 AM
Sometimes our expectations of things are so high that when the actual event happens, it's not as fun as we anticipated. Sorry your prom was a bit boring. Your prom is something you'll remember the rest of your life (boring or fun).

Can't wait to see your pictures though. I was watching our community access t.v. the other day and they had prom pictures on. It looks like 99% of the dresses were all off the shoulder type - no straps. When I was in high school, the big thing was Gunny Sax dresses (sort of like peasant dresses).

We've come a long way fashion wise.

wolfsoul
06-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks everyone! :) Here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=1155864#post1155864) are the pictures.

elizabethann
06-13-2005, 11:56 AM
When I click on it, I don't see pictures. What am I doing wrong?

wolfsoul
06-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Oops, I accidentally put the second page there.

Here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81450&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) are the actual pictures lol.

elizabethann
06-13-2005, 12:14 PM
Those are GREAT photo's! You look so pretty and so doesn't everybody else! I LOVE your glasses!!!! They're so chic!

wolfsoul
06-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks! :D I like my glasses too hehe.