PDA

View Full Version : imagestation(photo site) question

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Can anyone help:confused: I just realized that my free membership to Imagestation will expire in 2 days, on the 12th. I would love to continue with their service, but my husband absolutley refuses for me to pay for it..9.99 yr. as we do not do any purchasing online. Is there an alternative I have such as getting a whole new account under a new name or should I completley change to another free photo service, if so..which is a good free service that is easy to use and understand? I have some new photos that I would like to share with you all.:) Thank you.

catmandu
06-10-2005, 03:12 PM
I NEVER REALIZED,THAT IMAGE STATION,WAS NOT FREE.I WOULD TRY PHOTBUCKET,AS I AM ON THEREAND THEY HAVE NEVER ASKED,ME,FOR MONEY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture447.jpg

catnapper
06-10-2005, 03:13 PM
depending on how many photos you have, Photobucket is a good free alternative. I use photobucket, its easier and faster than Imagestation. You just can't store a million photos on it when its the free account.

furrykidsmother
06-10-2005, 03:15 PM
I don't know much about Imagestation, but although I haven't posted a lot of pictures yet, I use Photobucket which is also free. If you are not able to stay with Imagestation due to the cost that may be an alternative solution. There website is www.photobucket.com if you are interested.

Cinder & Smoke
06-10-2005, 03:16 PM
Well, Ten Bucks isn't such a bad "deal" for a whole year ...
considering you get UN-limited storage!

If you let the account "lapse" - I think the "fine print" says they can close the account and remove all your stored photos :(

I'd ask Hubby for a reconsideration on this one!

/s/ Phred

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-10-2005, 03:55 PM
http://photobucket.com/albums/a54/Helga-G-Pitacky/th_abbyandbuddy.jpg trying photobucket :)

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-10-2005, 03:56 PM
:mad:

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-10-2005, 04:03 PM
how do i make the photo that i want to post larger? it seems the above is way to small:(

Kfamr
06-10-2005, 04:16 PM
You're posting the thumb image. If you click on the thumb image in your photobucket account, you'll get the larger one.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a54/Helga-G-Pitacky/abbyandbuddy.jpg

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-10-2005, 05:06 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Helga-G-Pitacky/buddyskylepose.jpg

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Kfamr - I hope i can keep it working:)

Craftlady
06-10-2005, 06:56 PM
With photobucket they allow you after uploading to reduce a photo by 25, 50, 57 percent of the orginial size. It comes in handy when you have a large photo uploaded. I love the site. I always had problems with imagestation's site going down and leaving "red x's" for days at a time until the server came back up. Never have a problem with photobucket ;)

jenluckenbach
06-10-2005, 07:41 PM
How do I know if my imagestation account is going to expire too? I use both imagestation and photbucket. But I don't want to lose my pictures. :(

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-10-2005, 08:53 PM
i noticed it says so on the right hand side, look around over there, you are sure to see it:) hope this helps.

LauraT7
06-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Hmmm - how long is the 'free' membership supposed to be? I think I joined PT in Dec or Jan - not long before Tristan died, and i probably joined Image Station not long after that - as my MSN photos wouldn't work on this forum.

I can't see anything on my 'account' with Image station that says how long I have left.......

laura

christa
06-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Imaginestation isn't free??? OMG! Guess I need to get to work transferring my photos . . .

I haven't seen anything saying that it wasn't free . . . I'm logged in now and don't see anything about it . . . just a place to upgrade membership. I always assumed that just gave you more room to store photos.

??? I'm confused now!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-13-2005, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by christa
Imaginestation isn't free??? OMG! Guess I need to get to work transferring my photos . . .

I haven't seen anything saying that it wasn't free . . . I'm logged in now and don't see anything about it . . . just a place to upgrade membership. I always assumed that just gave you more room to store photos.

??? I'm confused now!

:eek: I didn't know that too! Now I understand why I cannot see the albums from others... Where can I see when my free membership is over?

anna_66
06-13-2005, 06:32 AM
I think I see what your talking about as my says the 12th also, but I think it's just for the Silver membership (I think that was a limited upgrade a while ago).

As far as I know I've never gotten an email stating that they would cancel my memebership or get rid of my pictures...I would definately be po'd if they did since I've been a memeber for about 3 years now and have thousands of pictures uploaded there!

catcrazylady
06-13-2005, 07:21 AM
I use Imagestaion and like Anna I have thousands of photo's there too. I don't see anything saying the free is going to end. I think it's that Silver membership so I don't think you have anything to worry about.:)

Cinder & Smoke
06-13-2005, 08:31 AM
I don't understand the membership system. Please explain.

There are four membership plans - Basic, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. There is no charge for the Basic plan. Basic plan accounts that are inactive for 12 months or more may be deactivated. Basic plan members who do not have any images in their accounts are not required to upgrade to a Silver, Gold or Platinum plan in order to continue using ImageStation. Basic plan members will not have access to original image files and will not be able to use certain premium site features. Silver Membership costs $9.99 per year and includes features and benefits described in the chart below. Gold membership costs $19.99 per year and includes a package of benefits outlined in the chart below. The Platinum membership costs $49.99 per year and includes an upgraded benefits package outlined in the chart
at >>> Membership Explained page (http://imagestation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/imagestation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5111&p_created=1107819208&p_sid=s8BC3THh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfc m93X2NudD0xMDcmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N 2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1)

Existing ImageStation members who already have images stored on the site will receive a complimentary one-year Silver premium membership plan at no charge dating from 06/10/04.
This initial "free" Silver Membership will EXPIRE in JUNE, 2005.

After this date (JUNE, 2005) their account will revert to a
Basic membership plan,
unless they purchase one of the three premium membership plans.
The membership plans are very good values. Premium members receive coupons for goods valued in excess of the cost of the actual plan when they purchase a membership, as outlined in the chart.

Membership Plan = BASIC
Cost = Free
Unlimited picture storage = Yes
Access to full-size original images = No
Home printing = No

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Requirements" for Free Basic are covered in a different question:

What happens if I don't purchase a membership plan?
What will happen to my pictures?

As you near the end of twelve months from your first image upload (or 6/10/04 if you already have images on ImageStation)
[In other words; they want you to do it in JUNE, 2005] ...

We will ask you to sign into your account and make a purchase
or choose one of the membership options.

If you choose not to upgrade your account to one of our membership plans
and have not signed into ImageStation STORE in the past 12 months
your account may be deactivated and
your images may be deleted.

------------------------------------------------------

I "think" all this mumbo-jumbo means:

In June 2004 they "gave" everyone a "free" SILVER membership;
which is NOW EXPIRING in June, 2005.

IF you have pictures stored on ImageStation;
and do not intend to PAY $10 for a Silver Membership starting in June, 2005 -
you need to BUY SOMETHING (prints, albums, gifts) from their "Store" -
OR they "MAY" delete your images!

Plain and simple - if you want to store photos on Their Site -
you have to Spend Money with them!!

IF you have photos stored,
and haven't or won't PAY for a 2005 Membership -
you'd better buy some prints - "quickly"! ;)

Look at your "My ImageStation" Home Page -
upper right - just below the Sony / ImageStation header;
is where they say what Level you are -
and how long your membership is valid (EXpiration Date).

/s/ Phred