PDA

View Full Version : Nine injured in freak Mowgli jump

Lacey
06-10-2005, 07:58 AM
My parents are getting ready to move (moving sale this weekend!), and they've sat aside some stuff that they don't want anymore, and I got to pick through. Well, anyway, Dad and Papaw came over last night to bring stuff up to my apartment. And Mowgli got put in the spare room so that I didn't have to worry about a door-dart from him.

Well, the last item brought up was a big tub of books. Dad, deciding to be a gentleman, suggested that we go ahead and put the tub into the room Mowgli was in, so that I wouldn't have to lug it there later.

So they open the door, Mowgli freezes and stares at Dad and Papaw blocking the doorway/his only escape route, and then in utter panic, tries to leap up my window.

At which point he injured nine blind slats. I only say injured, rather than killed, thanks to the healing powers of my trusty hot glue gun (5 healed, 4 to finish up tonight).

Anyway, once everyone finally got out of the doorway, poor Mowgli zipped by and hid in his safe place under the recliner. Poor guy didn't come out until about 30 minutes after everyone left.

Who would have thought that putting a tub of books in a room could be so dangerous? :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Poor blinds. :( I'm glad they were able to be saved though. Thank goodness for hot glue guns. ;) :p :D

Mowgli you little sweety pie, no need to be afraid of a tub of books but I'm glad you made it out alive too. :D

AbbyMom
06-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Congratulations on your quick thinking blind surgery!

Do you suppose Mowgli had a bad experience one time with a tub or something similar? My girls were abandoned in a cardboard board and they still run (5 years later) when they see a box.

catmandu
06-10-2005, 01:35 PM
THAT HAPPENS,TO ME SOMETIMES,WHERE A CAT,WILL PANIC,WHEN I COME,INTO A ROOM,MOSTLY JOHN,OR ROCCA,AND THEY RUN AWAY,WHEN THEY SEE,ME WHEN 99%,OF THE TIME,THEY JUST STARE,AT ME.I AM GLAD,THAT NO REAL HARM,WAS DONE,AND MOWGLI,IS NOT,IN TROUBLE.

Lacey
06-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by AbbyMom
Congratulations on your quick thinking blind surgery!

Do you suppose Mowgli had a bad experience one time with a tub or something similar? My girls were abandoned in a cardboard board and they still run (5 years later) when they see a box.

Nope. It wasn't the tub of books that had him scared. It was my dad and papaw. The poor Mowg-monster freaks and hides whenever anyone comes over, and last night he couldn't get out of the room to hide because Dad and Papaw were in front of the door. So instead he freaked and leapt at the window.

All someone has to do is knock on the door and zoom! Mowgli's hiding under the recliner.

My ferocious guard-kitty... Thank goodness it was just family and not a burglar, huh? :rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
06-10-2005, 06:40 PM
My girls were abandoned in a cardboard board and they still run (5 years later) when they see a box
that is so sad. :(

I feel for you mowgli, strangers can be awfully frightening. :( But don't worry, they were family and you were safe. :)

catnapper
06-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Poor Mowgli -- poor innocent blinds!

Mowgli, you've had one bad streak of hard tiems lately. I promise it'll get better.

CalliesMom
06-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Poor Mowgli! The kitties are good with strangers unless they are little kids. Little kids freak them out and they all run to my room to hide. (Anything under four feet and loud...scares them LOL)

Randy_K
06-10-2005, 08:08 PM
My dumb ol' Danté was so curious that he stood in the way when I had new furniture delivered. I had to move him out of the way because he was so busy trying to see what they were carrying.

QueenChyna
06-10-2005, 08:34 PM
hehe thats cute! Well i am sure poor mowgli is ok, but if was so funny, once when I was younger, i dressed up for halloween, and i was dressed up as a devil, and I had this mask, it was kinda freaky, so i got in my costume to try it on, and I came in the family room to show my mom, and pooky was just laying there with my mom. So all of a sudden, she jumped up, and started hissing and spitting at me, she was just going nuts!:rolleyes:
and her tail poofed up soo much! hehe
it was so cute, but my mom and I had to calm the cat down after!:rolleyes:

catcrazylady
06-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Poor Mowg! That must have been so scary to feel so trapped.

In my house there are nine that run and hide when anyone comes to visit. Some of them will eventually come and be seen but never touched. No one has ever seen Maggie Sue or Pervy!

I'm glad that the blinds were able to be fixed with a little ingenuity! Kitty moms learn all kinds of repair tricks!;) :D :D