PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Kitty!!!!!

Pam
02-07-2002, 04:12 PM
I just turned on the evening news and learned that a woman in Philadelphia had her house broken into by someone posing as a postal worker. The great thing about the story is that her CAT bit the intruder and he left! YAY!! A hero kitty! As I was watching the story I took a look at Trevor, who was sleeping, and unfortunately I have to admit that I seriously doubt he would have come to my aid. Anyway, I just had to post this story because cats don't get enough credit for heroic acts! :)

aly
02-07-2002, 04:50 PM
Wow Pam! Thats incredible!

Don't worry, Shiloh would be useless in that situation too. She'd be under the bed shaking! In fact, she'd probably throw me in front of her body and tell the robber to take me and spare her!! hehe, just kidding about that part.

yorkster
02-07-2002, 05:14 PM
Yeah, both my cats would be under the bed. My former kitty Liza (RB) would however have been on the attack! :)

LoudLou
02-07-2002, 07:52 PM
My Meezers would shower them with headbumpies!:o But I did know a Siamese named Buford who once chased an Encyclopedia Salesman down the street!:eek: :)

Former User
02-08-2002, 01:53 AM
What a brave kitty that is! Thanx for sharing Pam! :)

lynnestankard
02-08-2002, 06:22 AM
Wow - way to go Brave Cat!! Isn't that great :D

Like everyone else - mine would be either be under the bed (Ketchum) or purring and ankle caressing.:eek: :confused:

Our Siamese (RB) gave very short shrift to an awful dog (sorry dog owners!!) who lived in our avenue and was a bully - 'til she got at him!!:) :) He never bothered her again!:D

Lynne

wayne0214
02-08-2002, 07:32 AM
Pam, that is an amazing account. I had never heard of such a thing as that!

About 25 years ago, I adopted a Maine Coon cat ( named "Tom") He was one of the most amazing cats I had ever encountered. He was not afraid of dogs. In fact, he would stay just out of reach of them in a mesquite tree, or on fence (in Tucson, Ariz). One night, when some folks would let their dogs out, I heard two large dogs come in my back yard. About 2 minutes later I also heard a loud yelp and they came running out. Tom had dug his claws their nose using those massive "meat- hooks" he had.:)

..........wayne

lynnestankard
02-08-2002, 07:49 AM
You wish Chuck?:D :D Ernie's BOLD with Spencer (still no jumper?!!) but two big dogs or an intruder?!:eek: :eek:

Lynne

lynnestankard
02-08-2002, 08:17 AM
LOL LOL

You COULD - but..............

Lynne

Pam
02-08-2002, 08:38 AM
Just heard an update on the story. The woman was interviewed and said her kitty's name is Whiskers and is a tabby cat. I wish they would show a picture of him! When asked by the reporter if he was assured of room and board for the rest of his life, she said "YES!" and was grinning from ear to ear! :D Unfortunately the assailant is still on the loose, but I don't think he'll try her house again! :D

Paul
02-08-2002, 09:21 AM
   Here is a short story about Whiskers the attack cat. (http://www.dominionpost.com/a/news/2002/02/08/bf/)

Paul

gini
02-08-2002, 10:26 AM
Hmm, I just love this story. Rascal? Are you paying attention?

aly
02-08-2002, 11:05 AM
Ohhh thanks for the link!

Shiloh needs to take notes too!

NoahsMommy
02-08-2002, 11:33 AM
Whiskers!! What a great kitty!!

Noah would greet the intruder at the door and show him where all the valuables were!!

Noel would be keeping the bed warm, having no idea that someone was in the apartment!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lynnestankard
02-08-2002, 12:22 PM
Thanks Paul - Isn't this just too good?:D

Thats fine Chuck - as long as it's not kit-napping!!

Lynne:D