PDA

View Full Version : Special Graphic Request

aly
06-09-2005, 10:55 PM
If anyone has any time, I was wondering if someone can make me a graphic to put on the front of a sympathy card. My best friend just lost one of her dogs suddenly to lung cancer and it has been a horrible, horrible thing. We're both beside ourselves with grief right now. I was very close to the dog and my heart is broken.

Her name is Iris and she's on page 4 and 5 of this album (white GSD):

http://rescuedpaws.com/ipw-web/gallery/TammysBabies

If someone could use one or more of the pics of her, with some kind of rainbow or something pretty for the card, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance :(

dukedogsmom
06-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Aly, I couldn't do it until Saturday night but I would be honored to do it for you. Anything special you wanting? Also, could you get a pic full sized?

kittycats_delight
06-09-2005, 11:10 PM
I am working on one for you now. Do you just want the graphic of Isis? Or would you prefer a full set-up of the card? If you want the fll set up could you tell me what you would like on it?

I am sooo sorry to her of the loss of gorgeous Iris.

*EDIT* I didn't want to post the graphic until aly approved it. i wanted to be sure it met her approval. But now that it has I will post it for all to see. It is quite simple.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/runaway_kitty/isis.gif

shais_mom
06-09-2005, 11:47 PM
aaaww I am so sorry Aly - that was sooo sudden

Fox-Gal
06-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Once you said Cancer, I thought of my Cannilla, so I just felt I had to try and make something for your friend. Cannilla would want me too.

My heart goes out to your friend and you, as I still know and feel your grief.

Edit:
Oops my husband just remained me, the color on my monitor is off for some reason, on some colors, so the pic I made, might not look right to others. I never can tell, when I do something.......I know enough to stay away from red, it comes out orange to others!! So don't feel bad if you look at it and say WHAT?? :confused:

I made it for you and your friend, but in some ways more for me, as it made me feel good.

I'm sure someone else that's better and has good color, will make something very sepical. :)

NoahsMommy
06-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Oh no! :( I'm so sorry, Aly.

At least there's no pain at the RB.

((hugs for you both))

LauraT7
06-10-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm no good with pictures -
but having just lost my Tristan in January to Lymphoma, I can empathise with your friend.

It is so hard to see this horrible disease take our furbabies, whose lives are way too short as it is. My heart goes out to her and to you.

Iris was very sweet - I know she is well and young again at the Rainbow Bridge.

laura

aly
06-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Thanks so much everyone. I love the ones that you guys made and will use them both (the color does not look weird at all Libby). If anyone else made one or wants to make one, I'll make sure they all get to my friend. I have to make at least a few cards for her anyway... one from me, one for everyone at the vet to sign, and one from my animals.

This came on SO suddenly. Last Friday, Tammy brought Iris to the clinic suspecting hip problems because Iris had been slow to get up and not herself for a couple days. After some tests, the doctors suspected kidney problems and kept her pumped with massive amounts of fluid all day and all night at the emergency clinic. Back to the normal doctor on Saturday morning, they ran more tests and all of a sudden the kidneys seemed back to normal. Bloodwork and Xrays showed there were serious problems. Iris was bleeding internally and her Xrays showed that her lungs were in horrible shape (she had been panting a lot the day before, but no other real symptoms previously). They finally sent Tammy home with lots of pain meds and an injection just in case Iris was suffering too much and needed to be helped to the bridge from home :( Iris went back for a recheck on Monday. I saw her and she seemed tons happier than Fri and Sat. I had brought her lots of gourmet dog treats because she hadn't been eating too much. I wish I had known that was the last time I'd ever see her :( :( On Monday, they told us she'd have 3-6 months. She passed away very quickly on Wednesday night. She got cold and her gums were gray. They were about to load her into the car to take to the emergency room, but within 5 minutes she was gone :(

Sweetness
06-10-2005, 10:57 AM
I am so sorry. I remember when I lost my Molley. She was a purebred dalmatian I had gotten from a friend because they wanted her to live out in the country and it was too dangerous for her in the city. I got her when she was two, she was already fixed and everything and had all her shots. She died when she was almost 12 yrs old out here at the new house. I really miss her. That was about 4 yrs ago. I hope I have Rebel just as long! Or maybe even longer!

Ginger's Mom
06-10-2005, 11:58 AM
I am so sorry for both your friend and you. Iris was a beautiful girl who was obviously well loved. Run free and happy at the bridge, baby.

luvofallhorses
06-10-2005, 01:53 PM
I am so sorry :( ((((hugs))))) Iris was a pretty girl.

aly
06-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks everyone :( She was just 7 years old.

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Aly, I couldn't do it until Saturday night but I would be honored to do it for you. Anything special you wanting? Also, could you get a pic full sized?

I'll get the pic full sized by tomorrow. They're on my computer at home and I'm staying at my parents' house tonight.

luvofallhorses
06-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Here you go Aly:

finn's mom
06-10-2005, 02:41 PM
That's really sad, Aly. It's nice of you to make a card for her, though.