PDA

View Full Version : I'm taking ole blue into the 21st century

davidpizzica
06-09-2005, 07:19 PM
I;m having a cd player installed in ole blue tomorrow! I was getting tired of listening to am & fm only. The tape deck is broken, and the radio part is on life support! I'm looking forward to finally having a decent stereo!

joycenalex
06-09-2005, 09:04 PM
i really love having my cd player in the car. never again will i have just a radio. i can drive to and back from my moms' on 6 garth brooks cds., with me singing along...thank heavens he cannot hear me, or he'd sue;) :o

Killearn Kitties
06-10-2005, 03:59 AM
A cd player, David? Gosh how modern! :D I'll struggle on with my trusty tape deck for a while, I think. Will you be buying a new cd to celebrate?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Hmmmm....a CD player is so 80's, David. If you want to really bring ol' blue into the 21st century you need to get either XM radio or Sirrius. ;) :D

Sweetness
06-10-2005, 10:35 AM
LOL! I love my cd player! That is all i listen to is my cds. Really the 21st century is having a dvd player in your vehicle...i will never be that rich lol!

davidpizzica
06-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Hmmmm....a CD player is so 80's, David. If you want to really bring ol' blue into the 21st century you need to get either XM radio or Sirrius. ;) :D I would like to afford an XM radio or s Sirrius, but a CD player is all my budget will allow now. Maybe later on I can get those.

davidpizzica
06-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
A cd player, David? Gosh how modern! :D I'll struggle on with my trusty tape deck for a while, I think. Will you be buying a new cd to celebrate? Karen, I had a trusty tape deck in my car for 11 years until it decided to die! IU'l be looking for more oldies CD's to play in my car. I'll e-mail you a pic of ole blue. It' not the same car, but it looks just like it!

Logan
06-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Good for you, David! Everyone needs to be able to listen to good music while driving. My husband's car has one of those CD changers in it where you can put in six at a time, but I really prefer my single cd player because you can drive and change the cd at the same time and still keep you eye on the road. With his car, it is down in the console, plus a bit more time consuming and attention consuming to make changes. As long as you have 6 cds you want in there before you start driving, it's ok, but if you want to change mid-trip, you'd better have a passenger to help! LOL!!!!

Funny thing about our vehicles, though. He drives a Ford Expedition and his has a tape player along with the radio and CD player. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and there is no cassette player in my car. I travel a lot and would love to do books on tape, but I have no where to play them! He says that now they are doing books on CD, so maybe I can try that route.

Logan

CountryWolf07
06-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Good for you David! It's great having a CD player in the car! It's way better than radio, and you get to pick your own choice of music to listen to, than having to listen of what's on the radio.. :) Ahh, you know me, I'm always blasting country music/rock with my windows rolled down.. with MY choices.. such as Garth Brooks, Chris Cagle, 3 Doors Down, Lifehouse, Maroon 5, etc. etc.. Congrats!!