PDA

View Full Version : Deuce is hurt!

Glacier
06-09-2005, 04:32 PM
I just got home from running Deuce into the vet. With the number of animals I have, I get great service! Even when Rick is booked solid, he'll squeeze in one of mine!

I'm not entirely sure what happened, but Deuce was clearly on the loosing end of a fight sometime this morning. I've been having minor panic attacks since Dominique died. Sometimes I can't convince myself that the cats are alright. This happened this morning at about 11. So I took my lunch break early and came home to check on everyone. Cats are all fine, but Deuce didn't come to the fence when I went to his pen. When I called him he came hopping over, one back leg several inches off the ground. There is a nasty tear on the inside of the leg near his ankle. Looks like a couple other punctures too--I didn't look too closely actually after I saw the first one. The big tear is beyond what I can treat here so I just loaded him up and took him to the vet.

He'll likely be able to come home this evening. I am setting up the doggy hospital for him to recover in.

If the vet has time they are also going to do a biopsy on a lump he has on his nose. He's had it since he showed up at the shelter. I've tried 10 days of anti-biotics and a week of allergy meds. Neither made any difference. Now the skin on his nose is cracked and his left nostril is very swollen. He was supposed to have the biopsy next week, but Rick said if he could he'd do it today. That way Deuce only has to be knocked out once.

Deuce was so sweet on the way to town. He stayed as close to me as he could. I think he knew I was going to help him. I've been telling myself that I'm not that attached to him, but I'm a liar. It was heartbreaking to see him so needy and in pain today.

Daisy and Delilah
06-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Oh no Glacier!! I hope Deuce will be ok. Can't wait to hear the outcome. Thoughts and prayers coming your way.:)

Terry, Daisy, and Delilah

gemini9961
06-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Oh no!! I hope everything goes well Glacier. Get better Deuce.

k9krazee
06-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Deuce get better soon!!!! Poor guy...hope everything turns out okay!

cassieknipp1987
06-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Ohh..no....you are in our thoughts, prayers, and wishes both you and Deuce! I hope Everything will be ok. That must have been horrible.....
Cassie and Lilly

IRescue452
06-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Poor guy. I hope he's doing better already. Maybe his place in the pack wasn't quite so established. I hope his nose bump is nothing serious either.

finn's mom
06-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Oh, man, I hope Deuce makes a speedy recovery.

Glacier
06-09-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by IRescue452
I hope he's doing better already. Maybe his place in the pack wasn't quite so established.

I think the honeymoon period is over! Things had been a little too smooth!

Queen of Poop
06-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Oh no!!! Poor Deuce. I sure hope he recovers quickly from his injuries. Poor baby. Hopefully he's had his nose checked out and it's nothing serious.

Prayers for you (less stress) and Deuce (a speedy recovery).

luvofallhorses
06-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Oh no :( Get better soon sweet Deuce. (((hugs))))

dukedogsmom
06-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Poor Deuce! I am so sorry he got hurt. It's impossible not to get attached to them, isn't it? That's why I would make a horrible foster person. I really hope he'll be ok and that thing on his nose isn't serious. Please give him some get well hugs from me and Duke.

Bigyummydog
06-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Poor DEUCEY baby, you'll be better soon. We're sending furry hugs and soggy kisses to you both. Glacier, I know you're hurting more than DEUCE. I almost can't handle it when my baby is hurting....More XOXOXOX'S

shutterbug0303
06-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Poor Deuce! Get better soon big boy! :)

Cincy'sMom
06-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Poor Deuce!! Hope things went well at the vets and you are feeling better soon!!!

Ginger's Mom
06-09-2005, 07:04 PM
I, too, am hoping that Deuce is doing better. No more fighting, okay Deuce? You have people who worry about you now.

LorraineO
06-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Puppy hugs to Duece,, Get well soon!!

Glacier
06-09-2005, 07:59 PM
The vet just called me. Deuce has to spend the night at the clinic. They didn't get done his surgery until after 5pm. So he isn't awake enough to come home. A friend of mine is a vet tech at this clinic. She stays there when there are animals overnight so he will be checked on regularly. Rick, the vet, says the wound is "not great". It's a big, nasty tear, but there doesn't appear to be any tendon damage so when it heals his leg will be fine.

I'll be picking him up as soon as I can get away from work tomorrow. I hope he doesn't think he's been abandoned again.:(

cyber-sibes
06-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Aw Deuce, being the new guy can be rough! You mom will take extrodinarily good care of you, baby, just like she does with all her furkids! Hurry up and heal!
Glacier, I was sorry to hear about Dominique--it's always sad to have to say goodbye, but you can bet she's watching you from the RB! ((((hugs))))

dukedogsmom
06-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Poor Deuce. I hope he's not too lonely tonight at the vets. It's good that there's someone with the animals. I think every vet should have someone stay all night to check on them as anything could happen. I hope he'll be alright.

Oggyflute
06-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Hoping that Deuce will get better soon.

lv4dogs
06-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Aw poor Duece. We're sending lots of good wishes for a successful & speedy recovery!

Queen of Poop
06-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Oh no, an overnight stay. He'll probably be groggy for a long while so won't mind where he's at. Poor baby. I'm sure you will pamper the heck out of him when you get him home. He will heal well and will be on all fours again very soon. Good wishes from my fur family to you.

ramanth
06-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Oh poor Duece! :( *HUGS* I hope he gets better soon.

anna_66
06-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Goodness, yesterday must have been the day for hurt dogs. Riley, Emerson and now you too Deuce? Sorry to hear that you have those owies, I bet they really do hurt.
Hope your feeling better today sweetheart!

{{{HUGS}}} all around!

Logan
06-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Hope he's mended and ready to come home today, Glacier. I'm so sorry he was hurt. :(

Logan

Albea
06-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Poor Deuce, I'm sorry he was hurt.:( Hoping he'll be well soon, I'm sending many wishes for a quick recovery.

vinjashira
06-10-2005, 01:34 PM
get better soon, Deuce!

finn's mom
06-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
I'll be picking him up as soon as I can get away from work tomorrow. I hope he doesn't think he's been abandoned again.:(

I know, I was wondering the same thing, if this whole experience is going to set him back at all. :( I hope not! I hope he heals quickly, mentally and physically!

KYS
06-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Sending oodles and oodles of quick recovery wishes
for Deuce.

lizbud
06-10-2005, 06:22 PM
I hope that Deuce is home by now & resting up.Hope he heals
quickly with no bad after effects. :) Poor guy.