PDA

View Full Version : Guess Which are True, and Which are False!

QueenScoopalot
06-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Can you guess which of the following are true and which are false?

1. Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the
morning.

2. Alfred Hitchcock didn't have a belly button.

3. A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 years.

4. People do not get sick from cold weather; it's from being indoors a lot more.

5. When you sneeze, all bodily functions stop, even your heart!

6. Only 7 per cent of the population are lefties.

7. Forty people are sent to the hospital for dog bites every minute.

8. Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until they are 2-6 years old.

9. The average person over 50 will have spent 5 years waiting in
lines.

10. The toothbrush was invented in 1498.

11. The average housefly lives for one month.

12. 40,000 Americans are injured by toilets each year.

13. A coat hanger is 44 inches long when straightened.

14. The average computer user blinks 7 times a minute.

15. Your feet are bigger in the afternoon than any other time of day.

16. Most of us have eaten a spider in our sleep.

17. The REAL reason ostriches stick their head in the sand is to
search for water.

18. The only two animals that can see behind themselves without
turning their heads are the rabbit and the parrot.

19. John Travolta turned down the starring roles in "An Officer and a Gentleman" and "Tootsie."

20. Michael Jackson owns the rights to the South Carolina State
anthem.

21. In most television commercials advertising milk, a mixture of
white paint and a little thinner is used in place of the milk.

22. Prince Charles and Prince William NEVER travel on the same airplane, just in case there is a crash.

23. The first Harley Davidson motorcycle built in 1903 used a tomato can for a carburetor.

24. Most hospitals make money by selling the umbilical cords cut from women who give birth. They are used in vein transplant surgery.

25. Humphrey Bogart was related to Princess Diana. They were 7th cousins.

26. If coloring weren't added to Coca-Cola, it would be green.

kittycats_delight
06-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Jan....where are the answers? :confused:

QueenScoopalot
06-09-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by kittycats_delight
Jan....where are the answers? :confused:
Don't worry...I have to tease everyone first lol! :D What was your guess? :confused:

aly
06-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Are they all true?

Some of them sound way off base to me, but I'm betting all the answers are true. Some will really surprise me if so!

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 01:54 PM
I'll try...

1. true
2. false
3. true
4. true
5. true
6. false
7. true
8. true
9. true
10. true
11. false
12. true??
13. true
14. true
15. false??
16. true
17. false
18. true
19. true
20. false
21. false
22. true
23. true??
24. false (eww!! and illegal!!)
25. um..true?
26. true?? (gross!)

K9soul
06-09-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm pretty sure some are false but I don't have time to go into too much detail. I've read that coca cola would be clear without the coloring.

Karen
06-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Not gonna post my answers - wrote 'em down, not enough time to type 'em in, but I know some are true and some are not.

kittycats_delight
06-09-2005, 02:31 PM
you evil Jan !!! LOL

I'll tell mine if you tell yours. OMG !!!! I sound like a kid. LMAO

I don't want to look so stupid all by myself . :p

QueenScoopalot
06-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Maybe some need double checking thru Snopes.com....I'm going to keep ya'll in suspense for a few weeks lol! OK..just a while later.:D

Luvin Labs
06-09-2005, 04:04 PM
1. T
2. F
3. F
4. T
5. T
6. F
7. F
8. T
9. T
10. F
11. F
12. F
13. T
14. T
15. F
16. T
17. T
18. F
19. T
20. F
21. T
22. F
23. F
24. F
25. F
26. F

QueenScoopalot
06-09-2005, 05:13 PM
OK...I'll let you all know the answers I guess :D

SCROLL DOWN WHEN YOU HAVE THE ANSWERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Keep going......
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

They are all true....Now go back and think about #16
:D Sort of makes me wonder what else I've eaten in my sleep besides cat hair! :eek:

K9soul
06-09-2005, 05:31 PM
I still question a couple of them. The animal one might be true for mammals? I know that there are reptiles such as chamelions with swiveling eyes that can see behind them without moving their head, and there are insects that can. Spiders have eyes on the back of their head :D. Also I had a hard time believing the green cola one, so on some searches it seems that is an urban legend. It's said to be false here on this "Fake Fact" list:

http://rumkin.com/fun/trivia/index.php?category=4

Most of the rest of them seemed fairly plausible to me. I knew the feet one to be true through my medical transcription :D

wolfsoul
06-09-2005, 05:45 PM
I've been told all of my life that ostriches don't stick their heads in the ground. :confused:

You know, they say the average person eats TWELVE spiders a year! :eek:

BitsyNaceyDog
06-09-2005, 05:49 PM
According to snopes.com the coke one of false.
http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/green.asp

I also find it hard to believe that alfred Hitchcock didn't have a bellybutton. How is that possible? :confused:

wolfsoul
06-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix

I also find it hard to believe that alfred Hitchcock didn't have a bellybutton. How is that possible? :confused:
I wondered that too. :confused: If he didn't have a belly button, then that means he didn't have an umbilical cord. How would he get his nutrients?

K9soul
06-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I've been told all of my life that ostriches don't stick their heads in the ground. :confused:

Maybe they dig through the sand with their beaks and if they find moisture a bit below the surface it looks kind of like they are sticking their head in the ground? That's my only guess.

QueenScoopalot
06-09-2005, 07:36 PM
I find quite a few of them 'hard to swallow', but Snopes had no answers as to if Alfred Hitchcock had a belly button or not!:confused: Maybe Ask Jeeves? I'm dashing out the door to trap kitties, so do have fun investigating, and post your results please. :)

Suki Wingy
06-09-2005, 10:05 PM
killer toiletts! When I saw at the North Carolina Aquarium on Roenoke (sp??) They had a shark exhibit and to show how few deaths sharks are responsible for it had little flags on the wall "More people die each year from...Toilets than from sharks!"

LauraT7
06-10-2005, 02:08 AM
I found two theories on Hitchcock's belly button -

One
He had his bellybutton surgically removed, because, according to him, he thought they were disgusting.

and 2nd -

he 'lost' it when being sewn up after surgery.

( from knowing that he was, in the 1930's - about 300+ lbs, and later lost a great deal, almost half, of that weight - my guess is that he had alot of skin that was either specifically removed because of the weight loss or as part of some other surgery.)

laura

Muddy4paws
06-10-2005, 02:44 AM
Isn't it meant to be something like 7 spiders in your life time? My baby brother got rescued from a spider just about to go into his mouth while he was sleeping! my older brother scooped it up he said it was huge :eek: