PDA

View Full Version : Infant Pool

elizabethann
06-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Does anybody use an infant pool for their small dogs? I don't want to get a kiddy pool because I'd be refilling it and dumping it all the time. So I thought of even a smaller pool....like an infant pool (if there is such a thing). Does anybody use an itty bitty pool for their itty bitty dogs? Fenway is 20lbs. so he doesn't need anything too big.

Just curious.

Thanks.

gemini9961
06-09-2005, 08:54 AM
I saw some infant pools at Wal-Mart but they were inflatable and I don't think that would work with dogs as they could puncture it with their nails. Perhaps one of those hard plastic pools would work. I have been looking for one for my 2 but have been unable to locate one. Anna just got one for Bon and he had a blast in it.

anna_66
06-09-2005, 08:54 AM
When I got ours at Wal-Mart they had a much smaller size, could be just what your looking for!
Oh and the best thing is not to fill it up, just put enough water in it for them to splash around in. Makes it soooo much easier to dump out and fill again the next day;)

Good Luck!

elizabethann
06-09-2005, 09:07 AM
Oh cool. I'll have to go to Walmart to see what they've got. And that's a good idea (not to fill it up all the way). Thanks!

elizabethann
06-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Okay, So I went to Walmart and bought a "pool" for Fenway. It's actually one of those plastic storage bins that you can put under the bed. It's a little shorter and wider than most but it will be perfect for him just to lie down and get cool. Come Winter, I can use it for storage. Hahahahaha.

My boss came with me and she bought one of those plastic kiddy pools but she has 2 dogs that are 25lbs. each so they'll need a bigger pool.

I was thinking I should have bought the kiddy pool so that I could go in with Fenway but I'll suffer....he can have the pool all to himself.

Boy, the things we do for our pets!

:D

katienoonan
06-09-2005, 04:31 PM
When we get our new house I am going to buy Lucy her own little pool. She loves the water but she can't swim.(she's too dense, she sinks)

elizabethann
06-09-2005, 06:14 PM
So I went BACK to Walmart and bought a baby pool, filled it up with water and put Fenway in. He jumped out. He didn't want anything to do with it! I'm guessing that perhaps when we come back from a long walk, and it's hot and humid, he'll go in. At least I hope so.

It's the cutest thing.

I'll use the plastic bin I originally bought to store his little bandanas and collars and leashes.

:)

Ginger's Mom
06-09-2005, 06:50 PM
I am sure Fenway will appreciate the pool after a long hot walk. I hope you are able to get some pictures of him in there. He is so cute. :)