PDA

View Full Version : Roxy

BitsyNaceyDog
06-09-2005, 07:12 AM
A few weeks ago I posted about Roxy here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79684&highlight=Roxy) and then a follow up thread here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79736&highlight=Roxy).

Well, Roxy started feeling bad again and she was progressively getting worse these last couple of days. Yesterday morning I took her to the vet and had her put to sleep, it was time. I did better than I thought I would have. I think I was somewhat emotionally prepared for this because it's something we knew was coming. I feel a bit of relief knowing she will have no more bad days, no more suffering.
Roxy was a great cat, our "special" cat. I'm sad to think I will never hear her meow again, it was a dreadful meow, especially at 3:00 am, but I'll miss it. She's wake me up with her meow to let me know if she wanted on or off the bed as she could not jump. She was the sweetest cat ever, always purring. I'll miss her laying on my chest when I'm trying to fall asleep at night. She always put her head under my hand telling me to pet her. I would put my hand under a blanket and she'd paw at the blanket to get my hand out, it was the cutest thing. I love and miss you Roxy.

smokey the elder
06-09-2005, 07:56 AM
RIP, Roxy.

k9krazee
06-09-2005, 08:21 AM
I'm sorry for your loss :( RIP Roxy!

furrykidsmother
06-09-2005, 09:11 AM
RIP sweet Roxy! You will be missed. Play hard at the RB you will be all well and happy there and pain-free!

catlover4ever
06-09-2005, 09:53 AM
I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing some of your favorite memories of Roxy with us.

RIP Sweet Roxy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-09-2005, 10:03 AM
I'm so sorry. She was such a pretty kitty.

RIP Roxy. :(

kittycats_delight
06-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Sweet Roxy godspeed to RB. I know you are once more happy, healthy and young. Play hard and enjoy your time there with all the PT angels. My Mytsi said she will gladly show you around and share her favorite bird watching spot and nap spot with you. She said there is a special pool where when you feel lonely and miss your family you can go to watch them and be close to them. And she said don't worry time goes by fast there is sooo much to do and before you know it you will be back in your family's arms and getting those much loved pets and kisses.

R.I.P. Roxy
You are loved and missed.

kittykay
06-09-2005, 12:54 PM
I am so sorry to hear that Roxy has died. So tough to have to make that decision. I hope your heart mends soon.

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-09-2005, 01:48 PM
RIP dear Roxy!:(

catmandu
06-09-2005, 02:35 PM
THAT SI SUCH A TOUGH DECISION,TO MAKE.WE DO NOT WANT OUR CATS,TO SUFFER,YET WE DO NOT KNOW,MAYBE,THE VET CAN EFFECT,A CURE,WITH THE ADVANCES,THEY AHVE MADE,IN VET CARE.I READ CAT FANCY,AND THEY ARE AWAYS HAVING STORIES,ABOUT CATS,THAT HAVE THREE PAWS,IN THE GRAVE,ONLY,TO HAVE A VET PULL THEM THRUGH.BUT I MADE,MY CHOICES,BY THE KNOWLEDGE,I HAD AT THE TIME.AND I AM SURE,TAHT YOU DID,THE BEST THAT YOU COULD,FOR ROXY,AND THAT BEAUTIFUL CAT,IS WAITING,FOR YOU,AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE,WAITING,FOR YOU,TO COME UP,THE WALK,ONE FINE DAY.

chocolatepuppy
06-09-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm sorry about Roxy. :( May she Rest in Peace.

K9soul
06-09-2005, 04:06 PM
I am so very sorry to hear of Roxy's passing. I know it must have been a heartbreaking moment for you, even if you were mentally prepared.

I suppose I was expecting something to happen to my RB Cody (collie) any day when he had his stroke because he had been in such a bad decline and was at the point he couldn't get up without assistance, was deaf, and very weak and feeble. I knew when I came home and found him having a stroke that his time had come. I found that after he was gone, I truly grieved deeply even though I was prepared, but what I grieved for most were his younger, healthy days. In my mind, that is usually how I think of him, in his younger vibrant days, rather than that last sad year of steady decline.

May your memories be of the happy and healthy times with Roxy, the way she now is again up at the Rainbow Bridge. You have my deepest sympathies. :(

Glacier
06-09-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Godspeed, Roxy.

krazyaboutkatz
06-12-2005, 02:05 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Roxy's passing.:( May she RIP.:(

finn's mom
06-12-2005, 06:06 AM
I just saw this, I'm so sorry to hear about your Roxy. :( - Kari

jazzcat
06-12-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm so sorry about Roxy.

Rest in Peace sweet one.

manda_moo87
06-12-2005, 01:20 PM
So sorry to heart about Roxy, she sure was a beauty. RIP sweet girl!

Killearn Kitties
06-13-2005, 06:44 AM
Roxy was a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry to hear of her loss.

Rest in peace, sweetie.

Cataholic
06-13-2005, 09:17 AM
I remembered the initial thread, then the thread of hope. :( I am so sorry to hear about Roxy, and I know how hard it is. But, as you said, there won't be any more bad days for her. Just great ones, waiting for you at the RB, so she can meow to you once again. RIP, Roxy.

ramanth
06-13-2005, 10:18 AM
RIP Roxy. :(