PDA

View Full Version : Fire alarm....

slick
06-09-2005, 12:27 AM
I just can't believe it!!!!
I live on the 14th floor of a highrise. There are 7 apts on each floor x 18 floors...that's how many people live here.

So an hour ago the fire alarm goes off. I get dressed, and put Max and Specks in their carriers and walk down 14 flights of steps. Didn't run in to anyone. In the lobby there were only about 20 people, only a handful with their pets. I happen to know that at least half of the apts here have either a cat or a dog.

One person that I knew came up to me with her dog and said "I don't want to get too close to scare the kitties." Then she said "I have no idea where my cat is!" :mad: :mad:

Excuse me??????? How hard is it to lose a cat in a 1,000 sq ft. apt??? This could have been a real fire!!!! Didn't she care???? Honestly, there were other residents that showed up WITHOUT their pets!!!!

In the case of a possible fire, I would NEVER leave my apt without all my pets in hand.

AAARRRRGGGGG!!!!

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 12:42 AM
Oh my!! How horrible....how would they like to be trapped in a burning building!?!? :mad:

Glad it was a false alarm...and that Max and Speckles have a GREAT meowmie!!

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Cinder & Smoke
06-09-2005, 12:58 AM
:confused:

Only 20 people out of 126 Apartments??

:(

NOT a very Rousing Turn-out for a Fire Alarm!! :(

joycenalex
06-09-2005, 06:48 AM
last night as i was coming home, very late, the pinkish-orange street lights behind my house caught the misty-fog, and for one horrid milisecond, as i made the turn around the block to my driveway i thought my house was on fire...and my first thought was alex! the cats! i cannot imagine not responding to a fire alarm, and to let your furries stay behind! beyond my ability to understand that behavior.

slick
06-09-2005, 12:51 PM
You are right Phred. Every time the alarm goes off hardly anyone really takes it seriously. How can you not??

So what happens this morning?? I get into work and there is a fire drill the minute I walk in. I hope this isn't a sign of something.:rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Oh my...I bet you're sick of hearing that alarm, Slick! ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-09-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm with you, slick. I wouldn't leave without my kids either! They are almost all the family I have.

LorraineO
06-09-2005, 01:16 PM
I have this on both my doors,, in case theres a fire and we arent home,,,, I made it myself!

shutterbug0303
06-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Good for you Lorraine! I really do need to have something for my house as well - 4 dogs, 1 indoor cat, parakeet, prairie dog, and fish! We need a plan of attack for when we are home - who gets who, etc! Always a good idea to have a fire plan!