PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Tommorrow, please?

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Tommorrow at 5:00 p.m. I have an appointment with my GI. My mom is coming with me...she says, "And I'm bringing at writing tablet with me!". I think that means she's going to document everything?? She's so cute. Its good to have her supporting me.

I'm going to discuss a few things with him:

1. I'm still in constant pain...and have been since March!! He seems to have an "issue" with me taking the pain meds HE prescribed for me, but what else am I to do? LIVE in the hospital?? :rolleyes:

2. I'm on lots of different medicine that is supposed to get me into and KEEP me in remission. Well, that's not happening because every other day I have a "bad day". I'm on EVERY medicine they can give me and nothing seems to be working. I'm livid that I can't even go on vacation (READ: to relax!!) without being ill and requiring serious narcotics and/or vomiting all night. :(

3. We're going to point blank ask him if its time my primary GI/doctors be the ones at Cedar-Sinai's IBD Center. He seems to have done ALL he can do for me. I'm going to be sad, as I really like him, but I need to do what's right for my health. I can't keep on like this.

4. Regardless of the answer to #3, I need to find out what my pain is from. They've done every test imaginable and don't have answers.

5. WHEN AM I GOING TO FEEL BETTER? I want to discuss his opinion on surgery.

I need prayers to remain strong and focused. I need to take control of my health.

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it goes.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

shais_mom
06-09-2005, 12:17 AM
on the way of course!

Uabassoon
06-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Tons of prayers headed your way Kelly!

RobiLee
06-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Lots of prayers coming your way, Kelly!

krazyaboutkatz
06-09-2005, 12:41 AM
Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that you're still in constant pain.:( I hope that everything goes well tomorrow and that you finally get the answers you're looking for. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.(((HUGS)))

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Thanks guys!! :)

dukedogsmom
06-09-2005, 12:56 AM
Good luck! A coworker's daughter had problems with bad pain and it took them quite a while to discover what the problem was. I hope yours is found sooner. It would be very frustrating to not know what was causing it and not get it relieved, either.

Oggyflute
06-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Best thoughts and wishes to you Kelly. Doctors are like everyone else, in that they provide a service. If you are not content with how your Doctor is treating you, then it's only right that you go somewhere else. Be strong and focused mate.

Cinder & Smoke
06-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

I'm on lots of different medicine
that is supposed to get me into and KEEP me in remission...

I'm on EVERY medicine they can give me ...

:eek:

Might be time to make a LIST of ALL the meds you're taking,
including any NON-prescription supplements or over-the-counter meds ...

and show that list to a GOOD Pharmacologist to determine if you're
taking meds that may be causing un-wanted interactions!

Doing this is important if you have meds prescribed by
two or more different Doctors -
they might not know what "the Other Guy" has prescribed!

Good Luck at the White Coats!! ;)

slick
06-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Kelly, can you feel the love and prayers that are coming your way??? You are very much loved and I just know that the whitecoats will provide the much-needed answers. Please keep us updated, OK??

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 01:40 AM
Thank you, guys!! Yes, I feel the love. :)

Phred...
I get all my refills at the same pharmacy - Savon. They have a program that cross-references meds for interactions. Good point though, MANY people don't worry about that sort of thing and it can be deadly.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

kittycats_delight
06-09-2005, 02:08 AM
I will send you all you want and even throw in a little extra strength and focus to help you on your way to feeling well. Lots of good vibes coming for you and Lilith and Vixen send extra headbumpies and whisker kisses too.

Kater
06-09-2005, 03:38 AM
Oh Kelly, I'm so sorry you are still in so much pain and are still without answers.
I hope that changes after tomorrow or you at least are directed to another resource.

You are in my thoughts. :)

chocolatepuppy
06-09-2005, 05:01 AM
Kelly, I'm so sorry you have to go through all this. I hope they can get you feeling better soon. My thoughts and prayers are on the way!

neko1
06-09-2005, 06:10 AM
Many prayers for you- You are a strong person, I look up to you. I know you will get through this and find the answers you need.

(((hugs and prayers)))

-michelle

Logan
06-09-2005, 06:27 AM
Good luck today, Kelly. You may not get all the answers you need as to how to "fix" your problem, today, but hopefully you will be steering in the right direction. I'm glad your mom is going to be with you.

Logan

Jods
06-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Good luck Kelly! Prayers on the way!

catlover4ever
06-09-2005, 07:27 AM
Oh Kelly, I could not walk a mile in your shoes. Major prayers and good thoughts are coming your way. (((hugs))) I hope everything works out OK and that the new doctors at Cedar Sinai's can figure out what is causing you so much pain and suffering.

gini
06-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Kelly, just the other day I came across my notes I made for you about the medication my friend takes for your condition.

I think I shared with you that he has Crohn's too and he claims that this medication has changed his life. There are no side effects.

The name of the medication is Entocort.

ANYTHING that could turn this around for you and leave you pain free would be a god-send.

I sure hope you get the answers you need today. I will be thinking of you at your appointment time.

Hugs to you!

smokey the elder
06-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Hugs and prayers are on the way.

I hope your doctor can finally figure out what's going on. Maybe all the meds are fighting each other.

moosmom
06-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Kelly,

You are in my thoughts and prayers today, honey!! PLEASE let us know what the doctor said.

((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

kuhio98
06-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Sending you prayers and good thoughts. :)

Jadapit
06-09-2005, 09:28 AM
My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Prayers for Tommorrow, please?

DONE!

robinh
06-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Prayers and good wishes coming your way.

Toby's my baby
06-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Prayers on the way!

Good luck!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-09-2005, 10:51 AM
love and best wishes to you

wolflady
06-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Gosh, you can most certainly count on prayers from me too! I really hope the doctors can answer your questions. Please call me when your appointment is over and let me know what happened!

**hugs**

Rachel
06-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Kelly, I'll be thinking of you and praying that somewhere a door will open that will lead you to the remission of your symptoms. You must be sick and tired of being sick and tired. Do not hesitate to change doctors if you aren't getting the help you need. There has to be someone out there who can help you find a better quality of life. I would imagine you are doing whatever research you can do on your own.

trayi52
06-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Prayers and good thoughts are on the way for you, Kelly. I hope you will find the answers today.

Willie

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by gini
The name of the medication is Entocort.
We tried Entocort March - May and it didn't work for me. Entocort is a derivative of prednisone and is a good drug, if it works. I'm on prednisone now and even that isn't working for me. :( Its in my body because I'm "enjoying" the side effects.

Ugh...this is frustrating.

Thanks for your prayers and support guys. I'll update you after my appointment.

Poo
06-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Good luck Kelly, I too hope you can get some answers. Prayers on the way for you.

Nicki x

gini
06-09-2005, 12:22 PM
We tried Entocort March - May and it didn't work for me. Entocort is a derivative of prednisone and is a good drug, if it works. I'm on prednisone now and even that isn't working for me. :( Its in my body because I'm "enjoying" the side effects.

Ugh...this is frustrating.

Thanks for your prayers and support guys. I'll update you after my appointment.

Aw, Kelly, darn, darn, darn! Well, there is a lot of research going on so there must be something for you that will work! We will keep our fingers crossed.

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks, Gini. :)

ramanth
06-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Many thoughts and prayers Kelly. *hugs*

luvofallhorses
06-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Kelly,

Prayers are on the way. ((((hugs)))))

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Warning...this update may be TMI (too much personal information). Read on if you don't mind.

Well....saw my GI. He thinks my crohn's is in REMISSION!!! If this is remission, GET ME OUT OF IT!!! :(

He also thinks that the pain meds are causing my pain...by way of constipation. :( :confused: :o

Pain meds are known to make you constipated AND I'm on a low to no-fiber diet...thus, less potty trips. Regardless, I'm still going at least once or twice daily.

He sent me for an x-ray to "prove" his theory...and lucky me, I hadn't gone yet during the day and the tech says, "Wow, you're full of it! But I bet that's why you're here, huh?" Great!!

So, that leads me where? I can tell he doesn't think this pain is crohn's related. He said something about just being a GI and then said I was in remission in the next sentence. So that's what I'm getting.

We're doing a bunch of bloodwork on Monday (certain lab only takes samples M-Th)...some of which is on my pancreas...a typical test because that's the area in which my pain is in. I know it'll come out fine...they always do.

I'm just frustrated. I don't know what to do. :(

Ugh....I think I need to sleep on this. I just feel stuck and misunderstood. I am in pain...and its really, really affecting my life. And I don't think he appreciates that.

Something that's odd is that after I "go"...I feel worse. How does that work with his theory??

I'll know more when I talk to him tomorrow....but I know what he'll say. "Don't take pain meds"...yea...and spend my life in the hospital instead??

I only took one pill tonight. And I'm planning on adding fiber tomorrow...maybe it'll work. Although, when I add fiber, the pain is worse. Hmmm....

Gosh, this is so frustrating. :(

gini
06-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Oh, my dear Kelly, bless your heart...................

I just hope that if you haven't already, that you will be sure to tell the Dr. all that you have told us.

Don't worry, we can handle the details..........it helps us understand your pain better.

Let's wait and see what develops.............this is a new approach...........and maybe (hopefully) he is on to something.

But I sure understand your frustration.

xxoo Gini

petslover
06-09-2005, 10:50 PM
I am truely sorry that a great person like you has to go through this. I will put you in my thoughts and prayers. I really hope they can make that pain go away. God Bless You!

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by gini
I just hope that if you haven't already, that you will be sure to tell the Dr. all that you have told us.

Gini,
I think I'm going to write my doctor a letter tomorrow and fax it. I want to make sure he understand my pain totally.

I've told him all this, but with doctors, they seem to have a "diagnosis" already set in their minds and disclude information unless it goes with that.

Ugh....frustrated...

luvofallhorses
06-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Kelly,

You really don't deserve to go through this :( ((((hugs))))) I hope they get to the bottom of this. Please keep us updated.

dukedogsmom
06-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Kelly, I know exactly what you mean. You can tell them something numerous times and they just acknowlege you and go on. I had to switch doctors. I wish you good luck because I know it must not be fun to be in constant pain all the time.

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the support guys.

On top of all this, this HORRID prednisone has made me gain 23 pounds!!!! UGH!! 23 pounds in LESS than a month...great!!!

:(

shais_mom
06-09-2005, 11:11 PM
until I can get there
sending you love and hugs across the miles....

gini
06-09-2005, 11:59 PM
Kelly, probably 23 pounds on you looks great. You would be the only one who would be disgusted. But you are so thin, that a mere 23 pounds would just be put in the right places.

Now if you gave me 23 extra pounds..........just attach a string and I could float over Los Angeles!:D :D

krazyaboutkatz
06-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Kelly, I'm so sorry that you still don't have any answers.:( Hopefully your doctor will really listen to you and you'll finally find out the reason behind your pain. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent your way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

popcornbird
06-10-2005, 01:38 AM
Kelly...{{{hugs}}} :(

Feel better soon. Sending lots of prayers your way!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-10-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm really just so sorry you have to deal with all this.

It sounds like you're on some pretty powerful pain meds, and the only thing that comes to my mind is that sometimes people can become addicted to the pain meds and trying to quit them causes so much pain that all they want to do is take the meds again to make them feel better. This is just a really really tough situation to be in because it seems like you can't win for losing. :(

The only other thing I can think of that might help is if you started seeing some sort of counselor. I know you had said that David and all the financial troubles were contributing to your "condition" and you would think that now that you are on your own you'd be better. However, you've made huge changes in your life in the last few months and that alone is stressful enough. So just maybe somebody to talk to and help you "see a little more clearly" might not be a bad idea?

No matter what you do, I sure hope you get some answers soon. I just can't imagine all the pain you've been enduring lately and I just want it to be gone for you.