PDA

View Full Version : "Pit Bull" Attack...

bckrazy
06-08-2005, 05:44 PM
this is really sad :( its all over the news around here... I just remember on Friday I heard "2 Pit Bulls Killed a Boy" and it was sad but I rolled my eyes. The dogs didn't look like Pits at all - they're not even fully grown and weigh over 80 lbs. They look more like American Bulldog/mixes to me. And of course the kid was alone with the dogs :(

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/06/03/BAdogmaul03.DTL

Notice that one of the neighbors says the dogs were not well socialized or trained... and were allowed to run around off-leash. Another case of irresponsible ownership and the dogs paying for it :rolleyes: :mad:

Suki Wingy
06-08-2005, 05:46 PM
that is so sad. The dog is really cute though.

senorita02
06-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Beautiful dogs, and i agree, looks like a mix of Amercian Bulldog and Pitty, you know they did the same thing in California a few years back, they said the dogs that killed the lady in a apartment complex were Presa Canarios (My Rita) but they were actually a mix breed, the breeder we got her from spoke on the Discovery channel, trying to clear up the breed, because the press likes to pinpoint and get a certain story, and we all know they love to announce another Pitt attacked.

Pit Chick
06-09-2005, 08:57 AM
-the dogs weren't spayed or neutered
-they were going to use them for breeding as a source of income
-they were in the process of moving (another stress factor for dogs)
-they regularly kept the dogs tied outside of the garage to endure who knows what kind of teasing by kids
-neighbors have witnessed the kids hitting the dogs in the faces
-the female was supposedly in heat
-they were obviously poorly bred by some idiot breeding for size and not temperament or health cause Pits aren't supposed to be that big

What this all comes down to is that the people who created these dogs and the people who owned these dogs were all irresponsible idiots!! My surprise is that they are actually investigating the situation instead of instantly blaming the breed. Though that doesn't help the fact that it was Pits that were involved.

I want to know why the Mayor of SF wasn't calling for a breed ban when the Presas mauled that woman?

And another thing that really pissed me off was after the Presa incident, Law & Order had an episode based on that story and used a Pit Bull. That really burned me up to see that since it wasn't even a Pit Bull involved.

jackie
06-09-2005, 09:32 AM
What a sad sad story. :(

Giselle
06-09-2005, 07:15 PM
I made a topic about this in Dog House. Very sad, though, you're right.

Bigyummydog
06-09-2005, 07:53 PM
I was telling Pressley(14yr. old son) about this thread. I told him it was a 12yr. old boy. The first thing he asked was, "What did the boy do to the dogs?" Even he knows that dogs just don't "lose it" for no reason. How many times do you have to be kicked, hit, teased, etc. before you fight back? I thought he had a very good point.

tikeyas_mom
06-09-2005, 07:54 PM
i feel bad for the parents of that child :(

veegan
06-09-2005, 09:28 PM
ugh yeah. people need to freaking pay for their irresponsibilty. actually I guess this family did in an unfortunate way.

and yeah, definitely look more like american bulldogs.

wolfsoul
06-09-2005, 09:36 PM
That's so sad. :( It said the boy loved talking about his dogs -- he must have really loved them. That would be such a shocking and horrific way to die.

pet411
06-09-2005, 10:16 PM
:(