PDA

View Full Version : Mayo called back

Toby's my baby
06-08-2005, 01:46 PM
I made a thread a few weeks ago, ( http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=80129&highlight=Went+to+the+Mayo+clinic ) about me having to go the the Mayo clinic in Rochester, MN. Anyways, they called back, and I have a pinched nerve higher up in my arm. My surgery is on July 28, I could have had it earlier, but I wanted to be able to go to all my horse showes and stuff, and they said it was ok, if we waited that long. I have to help with a Bible School on August 1st, so that should be fun :o, a lot of the kids have a hard time leaving there parents and the little ones like to be held. I talked to one of the girls that helps run it, and she said she would try to give me a job, where i didnt have to use my arm to much. Last year I helped a bunch of my friends with the "music, song" part of it. It was so much fun.

ANYWAYS! I just wanted to let you all know that I am going to have surgery

Thanks for listening!

Jadapit
06-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Gosh, I'm sorry you have to have surgery.:( Does your arm hurt a lot? I would think having a pinched nerve would be very painful.
You will be in my thoughts.:)

Toby's my baby
06-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Jadapit
Gosh, I'm sorry you have to have surgery.:( Does your arm hurt a lot? I would think having a pinched nerve would be very painful.

I doesnt really "hurt" but it tingles. Kind of like when your hand goes to sleep. It is more annoying than painful. But, I cannot lift my hand above my head for more than 30 seconds with out great pain, this includes sleeping with my hand above my head. If I lay on my arm, and then it falls asleep, I wake up in the middle of the night and I am unable to move it. This happens every night, I have to hold it in the air, which also causes pain, to get the blood circulating.
EDIT: Also, I cannot go out in cold weather, write/type for a long time, or lift heavy objects

luvofallhorses
06-08-2005, 09:45 PM
:( I am so sorry you have to have surgery :( I hope everything goes smoothly (((((hugs))))))

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Aww...that's no fun. I hope it'll make you all better and you wont have anymore pain or tingling.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

Toby's my baby
06-09-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks everybody!

robinh
06-09-2005, 11:00 AM
You will have my prayers when the time comes. In the meantime, enjoy your horse shows and know that you'll be back at it in no time.