PDA

View Full Version : Why do you like PT?

slleipnir
02-06-2002, 08:13 PM
What made you stick with PT? and why do you like it?

LoudLou
02-06-2002, 08:19 PM
I like all the people here. You're all so funny. So knowledgable. Most of all we all love our furbabies so much.:D

*LabLoverKEB*
02-06-2002, 08:27 PM
I LOVE Pet Talk, beacause there's a lot of friendly, sweet, and very caring members here, it's a lot of fun, we have wonderful moderators, and tons of other reasons!!!:) ;)

AmberLee
02-06-2002, 08:40 PM
Heartily endorse previous comments! Ditto, ditto! Also like the positive and upbeat support that characterizes most all of the posts. It makes me feel better to visit here.

Love the opportunity to share about my fur-babies (without watching coworkers blench and roll their eyes :rolleyes: when I get carried away... as I so often do!)

I learn so much here and feel like I'm part of a family.

Livvy loves it here as her way to reach out an ear-nibblie someone who will remain nameless [oh, what the heck: Sandra/Tatsxxx11's OLIVER is the furry Romeo and knight-in-furry-armor heart-throb rascal in question!]

Love the way we share caring and humor when we're faced with perplexities...

michelene
02-06-2002, 09:04 PM
In addition to the positive, upbeat, and caring spirit of the people who post, many Pet Talk threads are very entertaining. Whether the story/chat provide you laugh therapy (and many do), others give me the opportunity to share my experience and seek the same benefit from others. Many threads contain very imaginative and fine writing from the pet's point of view. All the posts reflect the members' deep love of their pets and their regard for the other members.

thelmalu99
02-06-2002, 10:01 PM
I just love being able to "be around" people who love their pets as much as I do mine. I feel as if I am part of a community here, and I feel very comfortable saying what is on my mind. I feel that everyone here shares my love and respect for animals and nature in general. That's a good feeling.

When I lost my Charlie back in July, it was the support and understanding of my friends here that really helped me through it all. I will never forget that.

The people here are kind and supportive and always willing to give advice, share their own experiences, or just say a kind word. I think that is priceless.

I feel as if I really have friends here and look forward to meeting everyone.

AmberLee, you're right-many times, I talk about my furbabies and get the :rolleyes: . People here don't make me feel that way, and I don't feel that way towards them.

Pet Talk is just a good place to be...thank you Paul and Karen! :)

Kfamr
02-06-2002, 10:07 PM
The fact that when i find nyself depressed, or just a little bit sad or stressed, i come to Pet Talk, get to reading and it always cheers me up! I have "met" so many nice people on here i SO wish that little town we were talking about a while back, was real. I truely, Love you all.
oh *tear tear* its so beautiful lol!:p

Logan
02-06-2002, 10:51 PM
Everyone here is so genuine, and wonderful. I like that we can agree to disagree, without remorse.

All of you are our friends. :D

aly
02-06-2002, 11:09 PM
I was drawn to Pet Talk because it was a discussion on my favorite thing ever... animals! I stayed here because of the true compassion and friendship among the people who frequent the board. There is not another forum on the internet this large that is so kind and caring.

I also have really enjoyed talking to a lot of you through email, AIM, and ICQ. And I can't even express how thrilling the Christmas cards were. I love talking to the few regulars on Beyond Pet Talk too!!!!!

lynnestankard
02-07-2002, 05:33 AM
I couldn't believe the quality of the posts when I first vsited and 'enrolled' - and the friendship leaps off the page (errr screen?)

I was a little nervous at first - it felt a bit like - oh big crowd of friends and no one will want me pushing in!! But no - it's nothing like that is it?:D

I spend so much time now 'on site' it's become a family joke!!!:rolleyes:

If I can be serious for a moment - I spend lots of time on my own as I had to take EARLY retirment due to ill-health and as silly as it sounds - Pet Talk has become my life line, it really gives me a reason to get up some mornings - Thank You to you all. xxx

Lynne

Former User
02-07-2002, 07:20 AM
Why woulnd't I like it? ;) Anyways, I like it because of all the nice people here, beautiful furbabies and their caring human mommies and daddies, great advices, great humour, brilliant pictures, touching, interesting and also funny stories.
It's so nice to know that out there, there's plenty of others who love their furkids as much as I do, and here I can come and brag :rolleyes: about them, but also ask for an advice etc.

Great forum! Pet Talk Is The Best!!!!!!

Randi
02-07-2002, 08:24 AM
I love PT because you have it ALL here! Great humor, good advice, interesting stories about all the furbabies and really funny posts as well! :D (Oliver-Livvy!) :D

I also felt a little like Lynnestankard at first. Quote:
I was a little nervous at first - it felt a bit like - oh big crowd of friends and no one will want me pushing in!! But no - it's nothing like that is it?

And like thelmalu99 says:
I feel that everyone here shares my love and respect for animals and nature in general. That's a good feeling.
The people here are kind and supportive and always willing to give advice, share their own experiences, or just say a kind word. I think that is priceless!

Thanks to Karen & Paul! :)

Dixieland Dancer
02-07-2002, 08:56 AM
Pet talk is the best place on the web to talk about my favorite subjects! Especially DIXIE AND DUSTY and all of your furbabies!!!!

wolflady
02-07-2002, 11:57 AM
Yes yes yes!!! I wholeheartedly agree with everything everyone has said about PT. This is actually the first and only forum that I post on, I couldn't imagine anything better, so I come here whenever I can!! I like the fact that there are people out there all over the world that love animals as much as I do. It gives me the chance to talk about my babies, and listen to all of you talk about yours! It's such a great feeling of togetherness, and I love reading the stories and everyone's advice about different things. It's an amazing circle of friends that I otherwise would never have known about!! **hugs**
Karen

K9karen
02-08-2002, 08:12 AM
EXACTLY! DITTO!
Animal lovers are special people. The compassion, love, caring, evolves into their daily lives. I LOVE you guys and your pets! I may not always have time to post a reply but I'm emotionally with you all the time! Where else can you brag and not feel annoying? I've met some of the most super people in the world ..age, race, gender..no matter, no difference! Wouldn't it be nice if the whole world was like us??? Always heartfelt prayers to all of you and huge {hugs}

NoahsMommy
02-08-2002, 12:09 PM
Love the opportunity to share about my fur-babies (without watching coworkers blench and roll their eyes when I get carried away... as I so often do!)

Hee hee Amberlee!! I totally, completely agree with you!!!

This is SUCH a great place to talk with people and get the warm fuzzies when talking about my furbabies! Everyone here is so, so nice and fun!!

Pet Talk truely brightens my life!

Pam
02-09-2002, 12:35 AM
There's not much I can add except to say that I agree 100% with what has been said. This is my first experience with a forum and I know I found the best one on the internet! Actually I wasn't even looking for something like this. I stumbled across Cat of the Day and when Pet Talk started I signed on. I am amazed how totally involved I have become. I have made so many friends here and consider all of the wonderful people here to be an extended family. I even think of you folks when I am not on line. I might see a dog on the street and think to myself of a particular Pet Talk furkid that looks like him or her. Or I may wonder while I'm at work how someone's sick little one is doing and hurry home to find out. I have followed the stories of beloved pets who have left for the Rainbow Bridge and feel heartsick right along with their humans. I also rejoice when I get to meet a new puppy or kitten who has found a home with one of you and get to follow the little one's progress. As you can see, I have lots of posts racked up and tend to ramble on (just look at how long this post is getting :D ) but yet you all put up with me just the same! :D

Randi
07-16-2008, 07:19 AM
Bump! ;)

DJFyrewolf36
07-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Wow, I just looked at the start date of this thread and was like :eek:!

The people here have helped me through so much and its because of PT that I got my kitties and I decided to start a new life up in Oregon (which is going well actually lol)

Thank you Karen and Paul and YAY for PT!

davidpizzica
07-16-2008, 08:12 AM
I love PT for a lot of reasons. First of all, for being a world-wide forum there is a closeness that I can't find on other forums and where everyone helps each other if they're going through problems. Secondly, I like talking about my cats and this is the forum to do it in. Third, if it wasn't for PT, I wouldn't have met Donna (moosmom)!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Because its somewhere where I feel I finally belong :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-16-2008, 09:51 AM
Everybody here loves his pets. Nobody here thinks I am "weird" because I kiss my cats goodbye :D;)
Most important too is all the caring I got when I was sick!! :love::love::love:

Miss Z
07-16-2008, 04:27 PM
I've matured with PT. When I first joined, I wasn't really fully aware of forum 'etiquette'. ;) I thought it was OK to use txt r8in (:p) and to not really put much thought into posts. Now I know I should use the same intellect on Pet Talk that I do when writing in English class!

I've learned so much, not only about pets, but about other countries and cultures, including politics, humour, wildlife, family and everyday issues and heaps more besides. I've learned about the plight of BSL breeds and the controversy surrounding issues such as hunting and outdoor cats. I've learned how to express myself firmly and clearly before getting angry if someone posts something I don't agree with. I've basically learned a lot more about communicating with the adult world!

Most of all, I've made great friends, and have given myself the excuse, when an available time turns up, to travel the globe and visit them!

I love this place! :D:love:

Hellow
07-16-2008, 10:19 PM
I love Pet Talk because it is a very friendly and warm community, with a lot of friendly people.

krazyaboutkatz
07-17-2008, 01:17 AM
I like it here because I can talk about my cats without boring everyone. I've also learned a lot about cats. The people here are also very nice and are true animal lovers.:)

Alysser
07-17-2008, 07:19 AM
People understand our disappointments when something goes wrong, everyone is mostly always friendly, we have good laughs, inside jokes, I've met countless friends here that I wouldn't have met otherwise, and we get to talk none stop about PETS of course! :) I love seeing pictures of everyone's pups and pets. It's great having a place you know you'll hardly ever be disappointed in.