PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bad mom! :-(

Don Juan's mom
06-08-2005, 11:03 AM
I inadvertently shut Zerlina out in the yard while I was going in and out and round about after work yesterday. :eek: She's so quiet moving around that I didn't realize that she'd gotten out while I was getting Don Juan back in. When I went outside about 10 minutes later, there she was, sitting in the yard, so little and sweet. :)

I picked her up, apologized profusely, and put her back in the house. Then I went out the gate and found what was interesting her on the other side: a very fat tuxedo boy.

Those of you who know Mozart's operas will know why I'm thinking of the big guy as "Masetto." :D

Liz

momcat
06-08-2005, 11:27 AM
NOT!!!!! Our fuzzy buddies are like little kids, we have to watch them every minute. Our kitties grab every opportunity to do kitty things when we're distracted even for a second. Don't know if it's their natural curiosity, their instinct to explore new places, or just the fact that they can. You're not a bad Meowmie, she just did what kitties do.....

catcrazylady
06-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Your not a bad meowmie! The problem is the furkids are so darn sneaky!!

ramanth
06-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Your not a bad mom! *hugs*

rg_girlca
06-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Well then, I guess most of us can say that we are bad moms also Don Juan's Mom, because I'm sure a lot of us have done something similiar to what happened to Zerlina.
Like the time I was getting ready for work and went into my closet to get a sweater and not seeing Katie dart in there.
I left at 8:00 a.m. and got home at 5:00 p.m., went to put my sweater back in the closet and out shot Katie meowing her head off at me. I could have sworn she was using a few choice mews at me.
Or the time I went outside to see if I needed a jacket or not. Came back in the house, BTW, I did need a jacket, left 10 minutes later and as I was coming down the stairs, I could hear this cat meowing close by. When I got downstairs, I looked on the gallery below me and there was my RB Scooter. Didn't even know he got out.

So you see, you are NOT a bad meowmie, even though we think that when things like this happen to our furbabies.

But like Tony the Tiger says; "YOU'RE GGGGRRREEAAATTT!!!!!"

catmandu
06-08-2005, 07:39 PM
JJJ3,GETS OUT,ONCE IN A WHILE,HE WAITS,UNTIL MY ARMS,ARE FULL OF BAGS,AND HE HITS THE DOOR,AND RUNS OUT.I FIND THAT THE FASTEST WAY,TO GET HIM HOME,IS TO IGNORE HIM,AND GENERALLY,HE IS AT THE BACK WINDOW,WANTING IN,WHERE ARE MY TREATS,DAD?YOU ARE NOT A BAD MEOWMIE,ZERLINA,WAS JUST BEING A CURIOUS CAT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture383.jpg

IM NOT FAT,THIS,IS A SMALL BASKET.

moosmom
06-08-2005, 08:22 PM
You're not a bad Meowmie. 10 minutes is nothing!

When Casey (RB, 2002) was a kitten (no more than 6 weeks old), my daughter Amy and I went out to the mall for a day of shopping. I didn't realize till we returned 4 hours later that Casey had crawled into my kitchen cupboard and I closed the door!!! :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
06-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Sounds like she had a nice 10 minutes. ;)

No worries, you aren't a bad meowmie! :)

mina'smomma
06-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Not bad momma. Not bad momma. Not bad momma.

IRescue452
06-09-2005, 09:28 AM
That's alright. When Sonny was a little kitten he used to sneak into the fridge in the summer and curl up on the bottom shelf if we left it standing open for half a minute. He was in there for a good half hour once until we opened it again and there he was curled up and sleeping soundly.