PDA

View Full Version : I think we have a wierdo among us...

beeniesmom
06-08-2005, 10:31 AM
How would call themselves I hate this site???

Queen of Poop
06-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Whomever this person is if they hate this site then they should just go away, leave us alone and get their own life. There is no room for a potty mouth here.:mad: :mad:

aly
Oh geez... might want to PM Karen and let her know about that one.

finn's mom
Please, don't anyone respond to that person, all they're looking for is to stir things up. Karen will take care of it as soon as she's online. Please, please, please, don't give this person any credit at all. :D

beeniesmom
06-08-2005, 10:37 AM
i already did.
i sent her an email.
so sad....

K9soul
06-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Some boards do more screening of new accounts including monitoring of the first few posts of all new people before letting the post show up in order to prevent this type of thing. But then those boards tend to have many more moderators.

lizbud
06-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by K9soul
Some boards do more screening of new accounts including monitoring of the first few posts of all new people before letting the post show up in order to prevent this type of thing. But then those boards tend to have many more moderators.

I believe the moderating is very good. If folks would just resist
the impluse to respond to such nonsense & do just email/pm
Karen or Paul. I think they crave the attention of a response from
someone. Just don't give in to them.

K9soul
06-08-2005, 11:42 AM
I never stated that the moderation isn't good. I simply mentioned a policy of screening the first few posts of new members that I have seen on other boards, however, those boards had many more moderators so it was easier to have that in place.

EDIT to say: It would be a heck of a massive job for 2 mods to screen so many posts, and in the end might even discourage people from joining who want to simply ask a health question about their pet or post to pet of the day. I was "thinking out loud" and meant no criticism or even suggestion really by my comment. I don't usually post quickly without thinking something through but I did this time, probably because I was annoyed by the troll and the responses the troll was getting ;)

gini
06-08-2005, 11:54 AM
I think Karen and Paul do a great job. We just have to back them up and let them know immediately what is going on.

Hard to imagine but they do have a life and jobs.

I really hate it when school gets out.........we have some of these almost every year.

But it is important that we don't give them the attention they are seeking.

JenBKR
06-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Did this person post something? I don't see anyone with that name...

finn's mom
06-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by JenBKR
Did this person post something? I don't see anyone with that name...

It's been deleted, either by the poster or by Karen.

elizabethann
06-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Yes they posted a nasty foul mouth immature thread and it's been deleted.

I was tempted to reply to them but I didn't. They don't need my attention anymore than I need theirs.

They were definetely weirdo's....ugly people. Yuck.

:D

beeniesmom
06-08-2005, 12:03 PM
I just noticed that I misspelled the word "weirdo"...
I was so upset about seeing that nasty thread.... I even wrote HOW instead of WHO... hehehe

Karen
06-08-2005, 12:04 PM
This is what we call a troll, and why you see things that say "Don't feed the trolls!"

The user, and the post, have been deleted.

In the future, during the day Monday through Friday, it is better to send me a PM than an email. I do not access my PetoftheDay.com email from work, but can see Private Messages.