PDA

View Full Version : An update on Marigold...

Cookiebaker
06-08-2005, 08:19 AM
I'm so sorry that I haven't given an update in a couple of days, but I'm here now.

I am still having a REALLY hard time pilling Marigold. I had a friend come by on Monday night and it took the two of us 1/2 an hour to get it down her gullet. :eek: It was so traumatic for her, too. :(

So, last night (Tuesday) I took her up to the vets for them to help me, and to show me some tips. That went very well, and she ended up taking the drain out at the same time!!! Yay! But the very very embarrassing thing is :o :o :o that when she started cutting the stitches it started to bleed, I went woozie and started passing out. I sat down around the corner, and I was fine again in no time, but it was sooo embarrassing.

So healing is coming along fine, and she doesn't have the cone on her head anymore. I let her out of her crate whenever I'm in the room with her (my bedroom) but this morning, she did not want to go back in. Her patience are just about up with the whole crate thing.

Anyway, I'm going to try to pill her by myself tonight :eek:, and I still have to compress the area twice a day. But there's no more drain to worry about, and no E-collar, so things are looking up!

Thanks again for the good thoughts for my baby. It's so good to see her act more like normal! :)

lv4dogs
06-08-2005, 08:36 AM
You go Marigold. You sure are a trooper & now please let mommy give you your meds, you need them.

ramanth
06-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Oh my goodness! What happened? I seemed to have missed that thread. :o

I hope Marigold will heal up soon. Best of luck in pilling her. I feel your pain.

It's funny, but when I was at the vet's with Syth, Dr. Beasely asked me if I was okay, I looked confused and said, "uh...yeah?" He smiled and said, "No, I mean, if Syth bleeds, you're not going to pass out on me are you?"

I replied that I would be okay. Thankfully Syth didn't bleed though. ;) :D

furrykidsmother
06-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Glad to hear that Marigold is on the mend. We have to bring Gidget back tomorrow night to have her stitches taken out. Her incision was so big they said they had to be left in for 2 weeks. I hope there is no bleeding!! I will be passing out to! Good luck with the pilling. I know it isn't easy, I just got done with almost 30 days worth of various liquids and pills. Continue to get better Marigold we will keep sending good thoughts. Be a good girl and take your pills for Meowmie, she is just trying to make you all better.

catmandu
06-08-2005, 08:45 AM
THE SAD THIONG,IS THAT MARIGOLD,DOES NOT REALIZE,THAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING,IS GOOD,FOR HER,SHE THINKS,THAT FOR SOME ODD HUMAN REASON,THAT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWING HER,TO FOLLOW,HER USUAL CAT ROUTINE.BUT KEEP,WITH IT,AND MARIGOLD,SOON WILL BE HER HAPPY HEALTHY SELF AGAIN.

sasvermont
06-08-2005, 08:46 AM
I am so glad your little girl is improving.

I know how hard it is to pill cats. I have learned from the past that you need to hide the pill in your pocket and act perfectly normally and lure the kitty to you - then, with all your power, hold the kitty down and begin the torture. I don't know why they fight it so much, but they do. I can't think of too many other ideas than this one.

Surely hope things improve quickly for you!

SAS

jackie
06-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Awww, I hope your poor kitty feels better soon, I know how hard it can be to get them to swallow a pill. I found it easier to take them to the bathroom and shut the door, that was they can't make a run for it, and there is less distractions.

catfamily
06-08-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm glad Marigold is feeling better.Great news.:)

krazyaboutkatz
06-08-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm so glad to hear that Marigold is doing better and is on the mend.:) Now please be a good girl and let your meowmie pill you.;)

momcat
06-08-2005, 12:01 PM
It's so good to know that Marigold is doing well and is definitely on the mend! Sounds like she's ready to get back to life as usual. I often wonder about how they know we're giving them meds especially those we can mix in their food. Hoping you have an easier time dosing her tonight. Please let us know how she's coming along?

catlover4ever
06-08-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm happy to see Marigold improving. :)

shais_mom
06-08-2005, 12:39 PM
poor you and Marigold....
hugs for both of you!

Vermontcat
06-08-2005, 01:13 PM
I'm happy to hear that Marigold is improving.
Hugs to both of you.:)

catcrazylady
06-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Great news that Marigold is on the mend. Pilling has got to be my worst nightmare. I wish I had some helpful suggestions but I don't. Do you have the pill pusher? That helps....some!;)

jazzcat
06-08-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm glad she is doing better.

More healing vibes on the way.

orangemm
06-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Glad Marigold is healing well. It's hard when our furry friends are hurting and we can't explain that what we're doing is to benefit them.

I, too, hate pilling a cat. Some are easy, others will fight you tooth & nail (literally!).

Tell Marigold we're pulling for her!

Cookiebaker
06-08-2005, 06:32 PM
I am literally jumping for joy here!!! :D I JUST PILLED MARIGOLD BY MYSELF and got it on the THIRD TRY!!! Whooooooo!! I feel so relieved that it is done for tonight at least! :)

rg_girlca
06-08-2005, 06:39 PM
YYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Let's hope the next time you will be able to do it in 2 tries and then it will only take 1 time. I know, I know, I'm pushing it, aren't I. :D

I am so happy to hear that Marigold if doing much better.
I pray that she continues to do so.

momcat
06-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Got it down on three tries!!! We're so proud of you... Looks like your vet tips helped.....

ramanth
06-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Great job! :D

lizbud
06-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Big congrats on the pill giving.:D I know how hard it is to do.
The few times I've had to give antibiotics to my cats, I've asked
for a liquid (if possible). So much easier if they take it with food.

I'm glad that Marigold is going to be feeling so much better soon.

luvofallhorses
06-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Sorry I just got to this :o I am glad she is getting better! :) Hugs to the both of you!!

Cookiebaker
06-09-2005, 04:55 PM
I got it on the SECOND try tonight!! And that overwhelming crushing sensation of being a failure is melting away :)

:D

Logan
06-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Woo Hoo!!!! You go, Anna! :D Just don't let her slip up and nail you the way Butter got me earlier this week! My left hand and arm looked like ground beef!!!! :eek:

Cookiebaker
06-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Woo Hoo!!!! You go, Anna! :D Just don't let her slip up and nail you the way Butter got me earlier this week! My left hand and arm looked like ground beef!!!! :eek:

Oh nawtee Butter, and poor you! :eek: That sounds extremely painful. :( Hope you feel better soon, Logan!

NoahsMommy
06-09-2005, 05:19 PM
GREAT job!! I'm impressed, its hard to do!!

((hugs))

catnapper
06-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Sounds great! Poor Marigold having to go through all this... oor you for having to pill her!

momcat
06-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Wow, you're getting to be a real pro at this, congratulations! How is sweetie Marigold today?

Cookiebaker
06-18-2005, 09:44 AM
I just wanted to give another update on Marigold -- she took her LAST pill last night, and we haven't had ANY problems with pilling since I took her to the vet that night. :D

Her hair is starting to grow back in her ear, and it seems very itchy. The holes have pretty well healed up and things look GOOD!! Because we are working on the house (and there are big holes from the second floor down to the first floor, and she has a propensity to explore these holes *be still my beating heart*) she is still locked into one room or another, but not crated. I feel really bad because she wants freedom so badly!! :(