PDA

View Full Version : The garbage can attacks!

trinity
06-08-2005, 05:51 AM
First I wish I had a camera in my hand for this one but no suck luck. Evidently Hunter decided that we needed a little comic relief to help us heal so he provided it last night...Tuesday is garbage night. I was in the kitchen getting the garbage together. We don't have a normal garbage can in the kitchen. We have one of the "big" ones from Home Depot, takes 39 gallon trash bags. It works for us in that it means only one bag of trash a week, plus the litter box changes...so anyway, on top of the trash can is one of Hunter's favorite spots to sit. He can look out the sliding door into the backyard and watch the world go by. As I was getting stuff together I took the lid off the trash can and it was leaning against the fridge. Hunter sniffed at the lid but obviously didn't quite figure out what it was....(and I wish I had RIchard's talent for story telling, but here goes...) he left the kitchen. I turned when I heard the sound of a crazed Hunter cat coming into the room. Turned in time to see his feet leave the ground aiming for the top of the trash can...where there is supposed to be a safe perch:rolleyes: He managed somehow to balance with a paw or two on one edge and a paw or two on another edge. I swear it lasted forever but I didn't manage to catch him before he slid off the edge and fell in....fortunately there was nothing yucky for him to land in, just a little coffee grounds between the toes. As of when we left for work an hour ago or so he still had not gone to sit on his perch....traumatized by a garbage can....:rolleyes: :)

joycenalex
06-08-2005, 07:33 AM
:D thanks for the pre-work smile

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-08-2005, 07:44 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
Oh my, if only we had this on camera :) :)

furrykidsmother
06-08-2005, 08:04 AM
That would have made a wonderful picture!! Poor little boy! He may think twice before doing that again.

kuhio98
06-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Hmmm, this might answer a question I have about Halo. She won't jump unless she can see where she's going to land. If she can't see her landing site, she hops and stretches trying to see it but she won't jump up there. I bet something like this happened to her and she's remembering an "unpleasant surprise".

momcat
06-08-2005, 11:44 AM
That must have been quite something to see. Poor kitty, so glad to know he didn't get hurt. Has he tried going up there again yet?

Randi
06-08-2005, 12:03 PM
LOL! That would have been a great video clip. :D Sooner or later, he'll be curious enough to jump up there again. ;)

mruffruff
06-08-2005, 12:36 PM
You don't need Richard to tell your story---you have me laughing so hard! The mental pictures are hilarious.

I'm glad Hunter wasn't hurt, just his pride.

:D :D :D

catcrazylady
06-08-2005, 01:54 PM
LOL!!! I bet that was something to see!:D :D :D

catmandu
06-08-2005, 07:34 PM
CATS,ARE VERY MUCH LIKE THAT,THEY WILL REMEMBER,WHEN THEY LANDED ON SOMETHING ,AND FELL,OFF,AND NO MATTER,HOW YU FIX,IT,THEY WILL NEVER JUMP,FROM THERE GAIN,ONCE BITTEN,TWICE SHY.

I NEVER FALL,THE GROUND,IS THE BEST PLACE,FOR THE MOOSE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture383.jpg

ANDYOU CAT,FALLING,IN THE GARBAGE CAN,LOL.THE FACT,THAT HE WAS UNHARMED,PRICELESS!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-09-2005, 03:23 PM
:D :D

Oops! :D