PDA

View Full Version : Dommer's memorials..

Glacier
06-08-2005, 12:48 AM
I made this charm bracelet over the last couple days for Dominique. I special ordered a silly silver cat and it just arrived this afternoon.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/bead/71b7485d.jpg
My hubby says someday I'll be loaded down with morbid jewellery--I wear a pendant with a small amount of Hoodoo's ashes in it every day too. But it makes me feel better to physically carry a reminder with me.

I don't think I've ever posted my blog address on pet talk, but I have one and I've posted a bit about Dominique on it. If you want to check it out, it's at
www.wanderingspiritskennels.blogspot.com
I'm going to do a proper tribute to her soon.

I also try to update it with happy stuff too! I started it for my Mom and other family to keep track of my life since they all live so far away.

Barbara
06-08-2005, 05:11 AM
That is so beautiful and heart warming. I never thought about the possibility of having something close to me.

I am sure up to now Dommers already has many friends at Rainbow Bridge- and is so busy helping Boots to adjust.:)

Queen of Poop
06-08-2005, 09:36 AM
What a wonderful tribute to your lost babies.

I have a silver heart shaped locket and inside I have photos of Sami and Trouble, the two that I lost last year. I put it on in times of stress (flight to Peace River, Grande Prairie and Slave Lake this past Monday), and every month on the anniversary of their passings (the 10th and 24th). I am also contemplating paw print tattos with their names or initials in the main part of the paw print.

finn's mom
06-08-2005, 10:30 AM
That's wonderful, and, nothing morbid about it. I think it's a great idea.

krazyaboutkatz
06-09-2005, 12:17 AM
I love your new bracelet.:) That's such a great way to remember her.:)

smokey the elder
06-09-2005, 07:56 AM
That's no more morbid than having a portion of a loved one's ashes converted to diamond. I would like to do that with Smokey the Elder and Pixel's ashes commingled because they loved each other to bits.

Very pretty tributes!

catmandu
06-09-2005, 02:29 PM
I DOMT WEAR JEWELLRY,BUT I DO CARRY,WHEN I AM OUT, APHOTO ALBUM,WITH MY CAT ANGELS,IN IT,AND WHEN WE GO,TO A RESTAURANT,I INVITE THEM,TO JOIN ME,IN A MEAL.TODAY,WE HAD THE BURGER KING BIG OMELET SANDWHICH,WHICH,HAS MEAT,CHEESE,AND EGG,WHICH I AM SURE,THAT THEY WILL LOVE.AND THAT,IS A GREAT IDEA,TO KEEP,THE SPIRIT,OF YOUR CATS,WITH YOU,AND THAT APPRECIATE,THE FCAT,THAT YOU HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN THEM,AND STILL TREASURE THIER MEMORY.

catlover4ever
06-09-2005, 07:25 PM
I think it is a beautiful tribute. When my Tony passed away in 1999 I went and bought a small kitty necklace charm and wore it with a St. Francis medal for many years.

My husband thought it very weird when I had Tony's ashes into a photo box. My favorite picture of Tony is in front of his ashes and when his sister should pass on to meet him at the RB there is enough room for her ashes to be combined with his.

rg_girlca
06-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Nothing morbid about that at all. It is such a lovely tribute to your beloved Dommers.

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-11-2005, 02:51 PM
That is so neat! I know you miss Dominique a lot...:(