PDA

View Full Version : a new toy, and a death

elminster20
06-07-2005, 07:05 PM
SO I bought one of those Turboscratchers from Petsmart the other day. It... Is.... Amazing!!!!!! The boys don't claw at furniture or anything anymore!!!! Don loves sitting on it and Bob.... I'm suprised Bob hasn't hurt himself yet trying to get the ball!!

Yesterday I let the boys on the balcony, it gives them a place to run and play and stay safe at the same time. They've shown no inclination to jump out yet so I've not always stayed with them. I let them out yesterday and went to the computer. 45 minutes later Don shows up with a face covered in blood, and three paws covered in blood as well. I immediately thought that DOn had finally stood up to Bob, and this was the result. I went hunting for Bob and found him inside, next to the door, again, covered in blood (so my two white cats and my beige carpet are now covered in blood). I check them both over, they're fine, although Bob has a few scratches, none serious. Then, I check out on the balcony. I find.. A big bird, too mangled to tell which species, dead on the balcony. I'm not entirely sure what to do, but I did praise them both, give them treats, and get rid of the bird. My boys, hunters, who knew!?!?!?!

kittycats_delight
06-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Well, I guess there was one consolation. The boys didn't jump off the balcony after the bird. :eek: :eek: You got some big mean hunters there.

Craftlady
06-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Oh my the boys are hunters. I would not of touched the dead bird (that's hubbys chore) hope the blood stains came up from your carpet.

elminster20
06-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Those 'big mean hunters' you mentioned have just spent the last 20 minutes cowering under the bed while someone outside mows their lawn.....;)

elminster20
06-07-2005, 07:50 PM
I threw the bird in the trees beside my place, there are enough wild animals around to take care of it. The blood stains however..... are not so easily disposed of *sigh*

catmandu
06-07-2005, 08:08 PM
THATS VERY GOOD HUNTING,FOR DON,AND BOB,TO BRING,THAT BIRD DOWN.MAYBE,THEY THOUGHT,THAT IT WAS A PHEASANT,AND THAT YOU COULD COOK,IT FOR DINNER.I DONT THINK,THAT MY CATS,COULD CATCH A COLD.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture276.jpg

RICHARD
06-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by elminster20
Those 'big mean hunters' you mentioned have just spent the last 20 minutes cowering under the bed while someone outside mows their lawn.....;)

Have you ever tried to stop a lawnmower with your hands???:confused: :eek: :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-08-2005, 03:28 AM
I am impressed!! Poor birdie though.....

jackie
06-08-2005, 05:04 AM
ewwww....

cruisetime
06-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Wisk detergent straight on blood stain works for me on clothes and also club soda - the bubbles take the stain right away. Debbie

lv4dogs
06-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Wow, that thread had me worried as I was reading it. Sad to say but I was expecting that one of the cats have passed on. I was so thrilled to see it was a bird. Well its still sad that a bird had to die, especially seeing as it was not eaten or used for anything but it's better than one of your cats.

I'll have to check out that turbo scratcher!

catcrazylady
06-08-2005, 01:43 PM
It would have scared me to death seeing the boys covered with blood! I'm glad they are ok, but poor birdie.:(
Isn't it funny how brave they can be one minute and total chickens the next! Go figure how the mind of a cat works!;) :D

momcat
06-08-2005, 03:37 PM
I can only imagine how you must have felt seeing both of them with so much blood on them. Isn't it strange how we can tame them, domesticate them, and bring them into our homes as part of the family yet our kitties never seem to lose the instinct to hunt. So happy to know the cats weren't hurt. RIP poor birdie!

elminster20
06-08-2005, 08:25 PM
I haven't figured out yet how they managed to do it. Of course team work was involved somehow, but still...... I'm kind of proud of my boys and it's nice to know they can take care of themselves!!!!!! Oh, and I managed to get the blood out with some concentrated cleaning solution, followed by soap and water.