PDA

View Full Version : Sirrahbed's last day in Japan

sirrahbed
06-07-2005, 05:51 PM
I have now been here for a week and today is my last full day - will leave here in the morning. It has been so wonderful to see my baby girl again and to see HER baby; my grandson:D I have diapered, shampooed, rocked, cried and spent time remembering the early days of having my own babies.

It makes me happy to see my daughter is such a good mommy already - I know how she has anticipated Tyler's arrival. She never acted like she had a C-section! She has felt good (though tired!!) the entire time and is running around like she always has - even since Tyler was 5 days old and I arrived.

He is a cozy, sweet and content baby. He nurses every two hours during the day and about every 3-4 during the night. Ok enough talk and a few pictures!!

Here is baby Tyler on my shoulder - look at that peaceful face...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid172/p617938761084586ca55b7fa0564683b8/f3cb5b23.jpg
And now cuddling with his mommy - yes we snuggle alot here!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid172/p5fde16bea34f50cec975eca2c595efcd/f3cb5b19.jpg
Love this face!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid172/p24aee9f7f9598cec7058c83084f1f669/f3cb5b0c.jpg
Grandma looks old here, but Missy snapped this early this morning - I had picked up Tyler after he ate and we took another snooze in the rocking chair.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid172/pd0ee6aadc09aa36b80bbd9a05c1693da/f3cb5aea.jpg
Tyler's nursery is in the room that used to be "Boomer's Room" - so he still is there and watches over Tyler from his window hammock. He has been so good with the changes in the house and there have been no jealousy problems. Paul brought a blanket home for Boomer that Tyler was wrapped in at the hospital - so he was already familiar with the new baby scent....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid172/pfe0031eb8779899cd8854d7f101a6dc6/f3cb5ae2.jpg
Mommy Missy says she is feeling great! She gets tired of course, and sometimes forgets to eat and drink. I have lectured bher about this. I guess moms never stop wanting to baby their babies - even when they are soon to be 21 years old!! Here is MY baby...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid172/p09c251f5186a3383da9d011c2cfbce12/f3cb5aba.jpg
That is all for now and is likely my last post from Japan. Thank you all for sharing in the excitement of Missy's pregnancy and Tyler's birth. It has meant so much to Missy as she is living on the other side of the world from her extended family. Thank you all so much!

Edwina's Secretary
06-07-2005, 05:53 PM
That was a short trip! Seems like you just arrived there. Travel safely and congratulations to all!

Logan
06-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Thank you for the update, Debbie, and for the wonderful pictures. I don't think you look old at all, just happy and content with that precious bundle snuggled up with you!!! :)

Have a safe trip home. It is wonderful that you were able to be there with Missy.

Logan

rg_girlca
06-07-2005, 06:29 PM
OMG Debbie, that first picture of Tyler is precious. He looks like he is smiling in his sleep.

Missy you look like such a proud mommy holding your beautiful son. (Now comes my lecture from one mom to another) You better remember to eat and drink young lady, as it is very important to your son that you do.

I loved all the pictures and truly enjoyed following your pregnancy Missy and especially the birth of Tyler.

Debbie, I hope you have a peaceful trip back home. In as much as you enjoyed this visit, I'm sure you must be anxious to get back home to your hubby and your furkids.

If you can, drop us a quick post letting us know that you arrived safe and sound back home. Then you can sleep for a few days.:D

Craftlady
06-07-2005, 07:03 PM
He is a doll :)
Have a safe trip home :)

christa
06-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Adorable pics of Tyler! He has the sweetest face!!!

Good luck on your trip back! I'll be thinking about you & praying for a safe return!!!

:)

catmandu
06-07-2005, 08:43 PM
THOSE,ARE GREAT PHOTOS,AND THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS,THAT BOOMER,AND TYLER,ARE ALREADY GOOD FRIENDS,AND THAT THERE,IS NO JEALOUSY,BETWEEN YOUR TWO BABIES!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture276.jpg

catnapper
06-07-2005, 08:46 PM
What a wonderful trip you have had! Look at all that cuddling and loving! You are very blessed to have such a wonderful family (but you already knew that)

Please sleep well tonight and have a safe flight home.

prechrswife
06-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Yet more adorable Tyler pictures! Have a safe trip home!

QueenScoopalot
06-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Tyler looks like he's grown already! :eek: What a content looking baby boy, and it's so wonderful that you got to share the very first week of Tyler's life. A memory you'll never forget. :) Missy for a new mom you look more awake and alert than I do! :eek: :D :) Travel safe Deb, and maybe you can catch some shut eye on the trip home. :confused: :)

sirrahned
06-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Wow,
What a cute grandson..(SIGH) and a lovely Grandma and much loved wife...a Good daughter and a fine son in law...I am a lucky old fart (opps censored)

See You soon Hon,

Your Ole Man!!!
Dennis

popcornbird
06-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Awwww, he's darling!!! Have a safe trip back home!

Killearn Kitties
06-08-2005, 03:11 AM
He is gorgeous! :D Have a safe trip home!

NoahsMommy
06-08-2005, 03:25 AM
Aww....I'm sure its so hard for you to leave those gorgeous babies!!!

Have a safe trip!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-08-2005, 03:46 AM
Thank you so much for all the reports, pics, updates, everything!! I was always anxious to see new posts from Japan!!

Have a safe trip home, dear Debbie! Your hubby (your post is so sweet Sirrahned!!) and your furkids are waiting for you! Take a deep breath, and hup on that plane ;)

catlover4ever
06-08-2005, 07:16 AM
Debbie, thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures of your new grandbaby. I hope you have a safe trip back home.

Jods
06-08-2005, 07:21 AM
Have a safe trip back. Everyone looks so content in the pics!:)

RobiLee
06-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Tyler is a beautiful baby boy! Your entire family is so lucky and blessed to have him.

gini
06-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Debbie, please have a safe trip home.

For heaven's sake, you don't look old at all.

I am so happy that you have had this time with your daughter and your oh so handsome and adorable grandson.

I think it is just wonderful that Tyler will always have these pictures of his Grandma holding him when he was just a wee one.

I have loved every picture! Thank you for sharing your family with all of us. I feel a part of it.

Cataholic
06-08-2005, 11:54 AM
What wonderful pictures. I am sure Missy was glad you were there.

You do not look old. You look peaceful, happy, and contented.

anna_66
06-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Debbie I've loved seeing & hearing all about your time with Missy in Japan, I bet it's hard to leave. But such wonderful memories you get to bring back home with you!

catcrazylady
06-08-2005, 02:19 PM
What sweet and precious pictures of you and Missy with that adorable Tyler!
Prayers on the way for a safe and hopefully quick trip home. I'm sure Missy and Tyler are going to miss you but I'm so glad you two were able to share this time together.
It has been so wonderful to share this with your family.
*SMOOCHES* to Tyler!

jazzcat
06-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Have a safe trip home Debbie!

sirrahbed
06-10-2005, 06:42 AM
You guys are the best!!...making me feel happy for the "safe trip" well wishes especially.

I am home!! I left Wednesday evening EST about 8pm and arrived home this morning (Friday) shortly after midnight. I had e-mail from Missy and two sweet friends saying "Are you home??" which I answered with a very sleepy reply!! WHEW!! That is one L O N G tiring trip!! But so worth it:D On the way home, I kept imagining how good it felt to have baby Tyler sleeping on my shoulder and I could almost feel him there again:) :) kittycats_delight used this for me new siggy:)

My flight was delayerd from Atlanta to Dayton - brake fluid leak - so I ended up there for 8 hours. I saw lots of the airport and people:rolleyes:

The best was coming around the corner in Dayton and seeing my Dennis (or my "handsome bearded older man") as he calls himself now:p

All FIVE kitties happily greeted me when I walked in the door so I passed out LOTS of lovins'. I missed those guys!!!

Sorry no pictures from me but hopefully Missy has a few. Here is the repeat of a favorite:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid172/p617938761084586ca55b7fa0564683b8/f3cb5b23.jpg

Thank you all for sharing my trip with me!! I checked PT everyday and it made me feel so good to have friends here who were happy with me and also sharing my nerves about the flight:rolleyes:

Logan
06-10-2005, 06:47 AM
Welcome home! I had just be browsing over in Cat General to see if you were back and was tempted to start a post to find out if you were!!!! :)

Hope you'll have a restful weekend, Debbie, after that long trip. :)

Logan

sirrahbed
06-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Welcome home! I had just be browsing over in Cat General to see if you were back and was tempted to start a post to find out if you were!!!! :)

Hope you'll have a restful weekend, Debbie, after that long trip. :)

Logan
Thanks sweet Logan!! I did sleep well last night but am incredibly hoarse from that dry airplane air I think - no voice!! I have been up a few hours, had breakfast and coffee and posted a bit (can't miss my PT!!:D ) - but now climbing back into bed. I suspect I will do lots of sleeping this weekend as I feel like a space cadet:rolleyes: Must be the jetlag. Missy warned me NOT to sleep in the daytime - but I am pooped!!:o

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Missy was right about not sleeping. The absolute best way to shorten the duration of jet lag is to immediately get on the time schedule of where you're at - no napping allowed. ;) I know it's extremely tough, but if you can tough it out the first day, it really does get much easier.

Glad you had a safe trip and are home safe and sound again. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
The absolute best way to shorten the duration of jet lag is to immediately get on the time schedule of where you're at - no napping allowed. ;) I know it's extremely tough, but if you can tough it out the first day, it really does get much easier.

I must "ditto" that!! I always recuperate much better than my hubby, just because I force my body to live on the new hour asap!! He always gives in and goes napping.... which makes him suffer from jetlag during a WEEK :eek: I only need maximum 2 days :D

So glad you're back home safely, Debbie!!