PDA

View Full Version : Devistating Betta tank and Instructional Video...

flamepony12
06-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Here is the tank...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20755&item=4386631933&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

And look at this instructional video. HE POURS THE FISH IN THROUGH A FUNNEL!! :(:(:mad::mad: This makes me so sad. He also says to change the bowl every 3 to 4 weeks!! And the betta has lost practically all of its color by the time he turns the light on. :(

Here is the link to the video.
http://www.techreph.com/glass_box_fish_tanks/

Suki Wingy
06-06-2005, 10:17 PM
saw it on fishforums, I'm Iridescent there, by the way. That makes me just so:mad: :mad:

flamepony12
06-06-2005, 10:24 PM
oh, ok, I'm flamepony12 on there too.

LKPike
06-07-2005, 08:20 AM
OK problem 1 - the "air hole" is not nearly big enough to provide enough oxygen.

problem 2 - when changing the water, the only way its possible is to just tip it over - pouring the tank gravel right on top of the fish, which could kill it.

flamepony12
06-07-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by LKPike
OK problem 1 - the "air hole" is not nearly big enough to provide enough oxygen.

Exactly. :(

Quote from the movie...
There are two holes in the top of your tank, the oxygen hole and the fish hole.

The Fish hole? :( he also says "you can buy the fish funnel for only 5 dollars more" or something like that. :(

bckrazy
06-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by flamepony12

The Fish hole? :( he also says "you can buy the fish funnel for only 5 dollars more" or something like that. :(

wow... that looks so similar to a regular car funnel, but if he says soo... :rolleyes:

I saw this on TFF too :p! ugh what a jerk! the ammonia build-up would kill a Betta in that tiny box after 3 weeks. :eek: :eek: I cannot believe how he just plops the poor Betta right in! ew, he acts like he knows everything, when he's really just a moronic scumbag. I *REALLY* hope no one buys these.

I went to my local Petsmart yesterday, and I'm actually happy... they're starting to give the Bettas (I assume all have been thru quarentine) large barracks in huge tanks with aquarium plants. I guess they also realized Bettas don't live too long in 2 oz plastic cups. :rolleyes:

Sevens
06-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Actually, I saw those "glass boxes" at a mall here about 6 months ago. We looked at them and most of the bettas did not look healthy at all.

My hubby and I were so disgusted. Needless to say, they did not get our money to support their horrible idea of a fish tank. Money-grubbing jerks.

aly
06-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Ugh that is sick :( Poor fish :( :(

Who in the world started putting bettas in those horrible 2 oz cups and why does EVERY place do that??? It is disturbing to me and I get depressed every time I see it.

flamepony12
06-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by bckrazy
I saw this on TFF too :p!

What's your username on there? And when are you getting your pair?? :D;)

Originally posted by aly
Who in the world started putting bettas in those horrible 2 oz cups and why does EVERY place do that??? It is disturbing to me and I get depressed every time I see it.

If you ask them, they'll always say, "Bettas live in puddles. They don't need much space" :( I agree, it is very sad.

bckrazy
06-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by flamepony12
What's your username on there? And when are you getting your pair?? :D;)

My username is Splashluff.... because I love splashy (marbled/butterfly) Bettas ;)

~_~.. only gawd knows when I'll get my pair!! BettaTalk has been VERY wierd ever since I ordered. that is totally my luck. They went from updating 2-3 times a day, to haven't updated in a week :(... I know the owner went on vaccation last weekend, and she said she was very busy. They were supposed to be shipped on Thursday, but I guess my Paypal payment didn't get to her on time. I MUST get them this week n_n they're empty tanks are just waiting.

flamepony12
06-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Hope you get them soon... you've got us on our toes! ^_~ hehe!

tortuga55
06-07-2005, 11:59 PM
when you put the light on top would'nt that block the air holes and make the water to warm? Did you see the way the betta went syco in his little catch bucket and how it just flotted when he was showing of the light. After seeing the video who would buy that?

janelle
06-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Is this like those dorky plants in a water vase with a big fish inside? Looks like the fish can hardly turn around. Weird to me. :confused: Like putting a person in a straight jacket with a food supply on the ceiling. Yuck.

bckrazy
06-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by tortuga55
when you put the light on top would'nt that block the air holes and make the water to warm?

I'm not sure if it would block the air holes.... Bettas enjoy 78-80* temperatures, and most tanks have lights, so I don't think it'd be too warm. The poor air circulation on top of only cleaning once a month is the grossest part.... and the fact that its a tiny 1/2 gal.

OMG.. flamepony.. BettaTalk e-mailed me at 2am asking for the green light on them shipping today. She said I had to reply by this morning n_n. Of course, that gave my about 6 hours to check my e-mail and reply.. and I rarely get up before 8am in the summer! I replied at about noon, which is when I first checked my email. :( wow, I will be soooo bummed if they get bumped to next week. this is so my luck :p. She made waiting even more painful by saying how beautiful the boy is, how well he and the female will do in Novice IBC shows, how beautiful their spawn would be, etc. :eek:

flamepony12
06-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by bckrazy
OMG.. flamepony.. BettaTalk e-mailed me at 2am asking for the green light on them shipping today. She said I had to reply by this morning n_n. Of course, that gave my about 6 hours to check my e-mail and reply.. and I rarely get up before 8am in the summer! I replied at about noon, which is when I first checked my email. :( wow, I will be soooo bummed if they get bumped to next week. this is so my luck :p. She made waiting even more painful by saying how beautiful the boy is, how well he and the female will do in Novice IBC shows, how beautiful their spawn would be, etc. :eek:

Oh wow, I can't wait :D