PDA

View Full Version : Website Templates?:confused:

whalelover
06-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Ok me and my friend are trying to make a website BUT we cannot figure out how to make templates......sooo if you could help us out that would be great! We have Adobe photoshop elements, and microsoft picture it and we cant figure out how to make them on either of those programs. Please help us! :D

slleipnir
06-06-2005, 08:11 PM
I always make mine from scratch..so I don't really know? Depends on what you're trying to do?

whalelover
06-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Well, like a template, like a website frame. We would like to make a template like the one on this site:
http://bb.domaindlx.com/silents2/
With the enter page, then after you enter, there is a little box where you scroll, then above that a links thing, and a picture above that. But it never changes when you click on any of them, hence the name frame. That's what we want. We would prefer to make our own one, we have Adobe Photoshop elements, corall photo house, and microsoft picture it. Any helpful information on making a website frame or template on any of these would be greatly appreciated.

whalelover
06-08-2005, 07:49 AM
...?

slleipnir
06-08-2005, 10:13 AM
What that looks like to me is an image (with the words written on it for the links) and an image map to make the links work. Under that is an iframe...all in a table..

It's not hard actually.

If you have an image to use, and have your words you want linked (like that page) then you can use image ready or PSP (I've never used your programs, butI assume the adobe should do??)

Anyway, if you have image ready then you have to use the slice tool to set them as links. It will save as an html file.

I can't explain this well if I don't know what you're using. Feel free to PMme fi you need help