PDA

View Full Version : Cats & Cleaning solutions

RedHedd
06-06-2005, 06:50 PM
My silly sick boy, Mishi. was enjoying his usual sips of water from the bathtub faucet this morning and then he started getting silly and licking the sides and bottom of the tub! I got quite alarmed as I never thought the cleaning products I use on my tub would be ingested by my cats, but now I'm worried! What do you use that is safe for kitties?

Craftlady
06-06-2005, 07:12 PM
I rinse very very very well after using cleaning products in the bathroom.
We never have had any problems using this method with any bathroon cleaning products.

chocolatepuppy
06-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Same here, I rinse well with any cleaning product! :)

jackie
06-06-2005, 08:04 PM
like they said, rinsing well should take care of any residue, if you are still worried vinigar can be used for cleaning, but its a bit stinky!

momcat
06-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Is your little kitty okay? You might want to contact your local poison control center, I've been told they'll answer questions about animals too.

catmandu
06-06-2005, 09:23 PM
I AGREE,WITH THE OTHER FOLKS,AND THAT A CAT,IS ALL RIGHT,IF YOU RINSE WELL.AND NO CAT,IS GOING,TO LICK,IF HE DOESNT LIKE THE TASTE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture442.jpg

RedHedd
06-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Thanks everyone, He's fine and yes, I do rinse well. And Gary, you're probably right - if it didn't taste good he probably wouldn't lick it. I'm just a worry wart!

cruisetime
06-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Also I use bleach to clean the shower/tub and rinse well. I know that should be fine with them as long as rinsed real well. I worry about the cleaning products on counters and all and have learned to use mainly soap and not the harsh spray cleaners I used to use. Also think about the fabric softener you use for the blankets and beds they are on - I ended up with All-Free that is free of dies and perfumes and it has helped my skin too... :) Debbie

lv4dogs
06-07-2005, 12:54 PM
I use many different products, I just rinse WELL & let air dry before any critters come into contact with whatever I am cleaning.

aly
06-07-2005, 12:57 PM
I really like Seventh Generation products. They are available at health food types of stores here.

Seventh Generation offers a complete line of non-toxic household products. All of our products are designed to work as well as their traditional counterparts, but use renewable, non-toxic, phosphate free and biodegradable ingredients, and are never tested on animals. They are as gentle on the planet as they are on people and they don’t create fumes or leave residues that may affect the health of your family or your pets.

http://www.seventhgeneration.com/site/pp.asp?c=coIHKTMHF&b=83248