PDA

View Full Version : Scarey morning!

chocolatepuppy
06-06-2005, 03:33 PM
This morning, just when I was ready to go to work, the wind started blowing like crazy! I just couldn't bring myself to leave my furbabies with this storm, (even though hubby was home) so I hung back.
Next thing you know the wooded area near my house was on fire!!!:eek: Two huge trees down the road blew down and pulled all the powerlines down all the way down the road! The fire was the line arching and sparking! I called 911 and 1/2 an hour later :rolleyes: help was here. They shut the power off. Now all was safe but I couldn't get out to go to work. My neighbor, who works midnights couldn't get his truck home and parked it up the road, we walked up the road and he ran me to work, I was an hour late. Don't know what time hubby finally got out, haven't talked to him yet!
Oh the wonderful summer storms of Ohio! ;)

luvofallhorses
06-06-2005, 03:45 PM
:eek: Yikesarooni! :( I am glad it didn't hurt anyone. That would scare me SO bad!!! hugs to you and your furbabies!

aly
06-06-2005, 03:45 PM
That sounds REALLY scary, but I'm glad everyone is okay! I hope your husband got to work alright too.

Ginger's Mom
06-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Wow, that is scary. I am glad that you and your home were not in any direct danger from the live powerlines or fire it may have started. Yeah, scary.
As a matter of fact, I think I would have been tempted to have taken the entire day off to recover ;).

chocolatepuppy
06-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks! Hubby got to work alright just a little late. And yes it was tempting to just stay home, but who knows what will happen next? :rolleyes:

catnapper
06-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Wow that sounds scary! If you had left on time, do you think you'd have been caught in the middle of all the mess? Sometimes I swear something keeps us back just a minute -even a few seconds - that ends up protecting and saving us.

Glad everyone is ok!

Cincy'sMom
06-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Wow!! How scary!!

The storms took a bit to get to you...we had them about 8:00 last night. We were picking up the dogs from Ralph's parents and had just finished dinner when the wind picked up horribly. Since we had the trucka nd had to haul kennels and such in the bed, we raced ahead of the storm. (it is only about 5 miles home). On our way, we saw a downed tree that took out a power line and had started a small fire in someone's side yard. There were police on the scene and it looke like it was under control. We still rushed the dogs in the house, and got the flashlights ready right away when we got home!!

chocolatepuppy
06-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Actually I was going to leave at one point and came back in the house, them it all happened. I probably would have been in the street when the line came down. It may not have hit me, but I probably would have had a heart attack! :eek: The trees that came down were in the other direction, wouldn't have been going that way, thank God nobody was driving down the road and had one fall on them!

chocolatepuppy
06-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Cincys mom, yes these storms can be scarey and even though you usually get a little warning, this came out of nowhere! It was sunny and then, it was here! I'm glad I have a basement, the furkids and I have headed there many times when there's warnings or any time the wind picks up!