PDA

View Full Version : Which horse is it?

future vet
06-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Here's a game like "Which breed is it?" for dogs, exceopt this is for horses. We could post some facts about the horse breed, then other people could guess what it is. Whoever gets it right or first gets to pick a different breed. Then it keeps going for however long it goes on. So, I'll start.

future vet
06-06-2005, 03:03 PM
This breed's versatility and trainability endears it to it's owners, who swear by the horse's intelligence, soundness and eager to please. It's step is typically light and springy. They were also the mount choice of many cavalry soldiers during the Civil War. The height ranges from 14.1 to 15.2 hands. It has an expressive head with a wide forehead, large eyes and short, well-shaped ears; the profile can be either straight or slightly dished.

jennifert9
06-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Is it a Morgan?

future vet
06-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Yes, it's a Morgan! Your turn.

jennifert9
06-06-2005, 03:35 PM
OK, we will do my dream breed that I hope to own some day!!
I think this one should be pretty easy!!! ;)

This breed is one of the oldest domesticated breeds in Europe.

One of the outstanding characteristics of the horse is its very long mane and tail. These are never cut and often reach the ground. The breed also has abundant feather and long leg hair reaching from the middle of the leg. The color is always black, and only a white star in the forehead is permissible. The head of the is carried quite high and the face is expressive. The neck is carried rather vertically and is low-set. The legs and quarters are muscular yet smooth. It stands at 15 hands and has an excellent disposition.

Suki Wingy
06-06-2005, 03:41 PM
fresian
http://www.jokarsfriesians.com/images/thor-gallop.jpg
This exotically beautiful, extravagantly graceful and versatile breed was, until recently not well-known outside of the former Soviet Union. This most unusual breed of riding horse, highly regarded for its speed, stamina, comfortable gaits, intelligence and trainability, is currently enjoying a well-deserved surge of popularity outside of its traditional homeland of Turkmenistan and neighboring Russia. Arguably the oldest surviving cultured equine breed, they acquired their extraordinary physical powers and sensitive personality from the highly specialized conditions which characterized its partnership with Central Asian nomads. This breed's blood has influenced the development of several modern horse breeds, yet its own unique features have remained largely undiluted for centuries. A large ammount of this breed's history has yet to be written in English.

jennifert9
06-06-2005, 03:49 PM
YUP!!! Aren't they beautiful!! They are my very very favorite!
I met a few when I was in Florida at the carriage museum but that is the only time I have ever seen them in real life....:D :D

Suki Wingy
06-06-2005, 04:04 PM
I met one who was getting the feathering on his hocks trimmed in AZ a few years back.:)

equinelover23
06-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Hey Suki! The one in the pic you posted is Thor, right? He's on my calendar, and I met him at the equine affair! :D He is sooo pretty.

Suki Wingy
06-06-2005, 10:33 PM
yup, I am pretty sure. I wasnted a really pretty pic so I typed in fresian stud and got him!

future vet
06-15-2005, 09:35 AM
what's the next breed?