PDA

View Full Version : kimlovescats

Karen
06-06-2005, 07:29 AM
Kimlovescats is going through a bad stretch right now, healthwise, and is taking a break from Pet Talk. She asked me to let you all know about her new website, http://www.kimskitties.com/ which has new pages that talk about both depression and diabetes, with which she is currently struggling. She apologizes for any hurt she inadvertently caused any Pet Talk folks, and could use everyone's prayers.

Karen

K9karen
06-06-2005, 07:41 AM
Regardless of what happened, and I have no clue, I always stand by my friends and family. I hope she can overcome her depression and manage her diabetes. Situations get rougher and tougher without emotional and mental support. I wish her well and hope she comes back soon.

Barbara
06-06-2005, 07:45 AM
Kim, I am sure you will come sneaking over here from time to time. I am so sorry that you are going through hard times. I wish you the best of luck in the struggle with your diseases. I believe in you and although you may not be able to be confident right now please be sure that things change all the time- and sometimes they will change to the better as well.

{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}

furrykidsmother
06-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Prayers and good thoughts going out to Kim. Hope things improve quickly for her and that she is back with us soon.

Randi
06-06-2005, 08:20 AM
Kim, I'm so sorry you're going through a bad time healthwise etc. :(

You're such a big part of PT - I'll miss your posts! Hope you'll be feeling better soon and come back!

Sending hugs and positive thoughts! Headbumpies from Fister :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Dear Kim, take as much time as you need. But.... please do come back to pettalk!! You are a sweet person, and I will miss you heaps!!!
Hugs from your Belgian friend Lut

ps. Kimmie, you may e-mail me ANYTIME!!

catnapper
06-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Kim, you know I am here for you.

I hope you start feeling better soon - VERY soon. {{{HUGS}}} (for if you read this)

mina'smomma
06-06-2005, 08:47 AM
Kim,

You know how to reach me and I hope you feel better soon. I thought something was different, but I also knew it was kitten season and thought that you were just stressed from it. I'm here for you if you need me.

Hugs, head bumpies and prayers
Renae, Lee Roy, Kasie and Mina

catmandu
06-06-2005, 08:51 AM
I TALK,TO KIM,AND BEING DIABETIC,MYSELF KNOW,WAHT SHE IS GOING THROUGH.AND LETS PRAY,FOR A DEAR FRIEND,AND A PILLAR,OF THE PET TALK COMMUNITY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture361.jpg

robinh
06-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Kim: I'm sorry you're having a bad time right now. Please take good care of yourself, you are a valued member of PT and a nice person.

I know I'm probably a stranger and you might not want to talk, but if you do please e-mail me.

Robin

christa
06-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Kim:

You know that you have my complete support! I really hope that you do eventually come back to Pet Talk because it won't be even close to the same without you. I hate that this has happened.

Take care and stay in touch! ;)

Hugs,
Christa

Craftlady
06-06-2005, 09:12 AM
Will keep good thoughts and prayers that your health issues get under control.

cubby31682
06-06-2005, 09:26 AM
I hope you feel better soon. I am always here for you if you need to talk.

Logan
06-06-2005, 10:06 AM
I already said this to you in my earlier email, but you can count on my prayers to get you through this rough spot, Kim. You have been a friend, a really good friend, to so many of us on Pet Talk and I'm sure I speak for all of them when I say how important you are to us. :)

Take care of you, first, and then hopefully you can come back to us.

Logan

Edwina's Secretary
06-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Ah Kim....my thoughts are with you. I know you will find a way to make lemonade out of the lemons you've been given!

aly
06-06-2005, 11:09 AM
I just wanted to say one thing. My dad taught me that attitude is everything. Until you get a positive attitude, nothing will ever get better. But once you do, things just seem to work out much better. My dad is one of the most cheerful, happiest people I've ever met. His brother is extremely negative and cynical - he seems to get sick more and go through tons more "drama" than my dad. I really think its all about their attitudes.

I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes when I was 21 years old, so I'm not just giving advice with no experience. I have a risky life ahead of me, but all I can do is take it day by day and manage my disease the best way I can to lower my risks. Depression does come with the disease, especially with high BG readings. Its not an easy disease. You never feel normal, it tends to control your every waking moment, and it makes you feel sick a lot. But you can overcome a lot with the power of positive thinking and embracing others instead of shutting them out.

luvofallhorses
06-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Kim,

Please get better soon! We love you! ((((((hugs)))))))

Love,

Krista, Miagi, Tiger, Rocky, Jenny, Buster, and Ginger

krazyaboutkatz
06-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Kim, I know you're going through a tough time right now. Please take care and get well. I'm going to miss you on PT but your health is more important. You know my e-mail address so please contact me if you need me. (((HUGS)))

kittycats_delight
06-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Kim, Please feel better soon. I to am diabetic but I have managed my diabetes and I deal with my husbands depression on a daily basis I can't really imagine what you are going through combining the 2. Just know we are all here for you and we love you a "Litterbox" full. :rolleyes: We will miss you and hope you get yourself feeling well soon. Lots and lots of hugs...good thoughts and get well vibes being sent from Canada. And Vixen and Lilith send headbumpies and purrs as well as kisses.

Get Well Soon Kim
Michelle, Lilith and Vixen.

momcat
06-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Oh Kim, I'm so very sorry to hear that things aren't going well for you. I'm diabetic (insulin dependent) and currently being treated for depression so I have a fairly good idea of where you're at right now. Later today I'm going to try once again to revise my profile to send and receive pm. I'll let you know when it goes through. If my own experience can be of ANY help to you, please please please let me know. Since I've been, and pretty much still am where you are, I'll stay with you and you can count on my support 1,000,000%! Prayers are being prayed for you!!!

Palomino21
06-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Kim,

Hi there. I am really sorry that you are suffering. Depression, anxiety are bad enough and to combine it with diabetes, that has to be even more hard to deal with. I am certainly keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. In your private messages I am posting some helpful websites and ideas, as my mom and I both suffer from anxiety and depression. Just remember you are not alone and all of us here at pet talk are here to support you. Get well soon.

DeAnne

http://www.petloverstalk.com/pics/05sleep.jpg

Here's a picture of Star, letting you know, take life as a cat does, relax and take it easy.

shais_mom
06-06-2005, 12:28 PM
take care of yourself and we will be here when you come back...

Kfamr
06-06-2005, 12:31 PM
I hope whatever's causing this grief can heal soon. I don't like seeing people suffer.

Some of the things that were said were very upsetting - especially the constant bashings against the "Dog Pack", not only did they occur in this recent issue, but have in the past as well, not only specifically from Kim.

Please take care.

Aly, that was a an excellent post. Very caring and full of good advice.

K9soul
06-06-2005, 12:38 PM
I hope and pray with all my heart that Kim will find peace. I know in dealing with both illness and depression, peace and contentment are what one craves and longs for the most.

Cataholic
06-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Kim,
Things are tough right now, and that is probably an understatment. I know very little about diabetes, and some about depression. Either one of them, I am sure, is enough to send one over the edge.

I can't think of many people that haven't gone 'over the edge' about one thing or another. I wouldn't worry two wits about that, and concentrate instead on taking care of YOU. I have learned that most of us are a pretty forgiving and caring bunch (of nuts, lol).

Lick your wounds, take your ears out of the airplane position, stop tortilini'ing it (as a little exercise helps us all), eat some fancy feast, flush the litterbox (to get the stink off of you), hold your tail high, and come back a'grinning like the Cheshire Cat!

We will be waiting for you, on the porch, sitting in the sun, and will do a pile up on you like Gary's cats!

Love,
Johanna

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-06-2005, 01:06 PM
I hope everything turns out ok Kim!:(

BitsyNaceyDog
06-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Kim, I got really upset and hurt by the things you said, but it's over now and I have moved on. I hope you feel better soon, depression is a hard thing to deal with.

primabella
06-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Kim, I had no idea you were going through such a hard time. I'll be keeping you in my prayers; stay strong.

momcat
06-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Hi Kim!
My pm is up and running now. Please feel free to contact me any time for whatever support I can give to you. Count on my support 1,000,000%! I'm here for you!!!!!

popcornbird
06-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Oh Kim, I'm so sorry to hear you are going through such hard times. :( You are such a wonderful person, a great friend, and a PT member that I truly love and cherish. I wish the best for you, and hope that with time, everything will turn out okay, and that you'll be able to return to your friends, here on PT. I know how it feels to be sad and hurt, and I know that sometimes, when we're upset, we say things without thinking, in a way that we don't mean. Just know that I'll be praying for you, and when you're ready, please return to PT, and we'll welcome you with open arms. Take care, and may the kitties and beautiful Jenna help bring a smile on your face! Stay strong!

Love,
Popcornbird

Vermontcat
06-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Kim, I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well.:(
I feel bad that I haven't had much time for Pet Talk lately because I have been so busy with other things.
I have not been able to keep up with all the threads here.
I do love your new website and I see you have some new foster kitties too.
Is Iris a keeper? She's my new favorite next to Tabitha of course.;)
You can PM or e-mail me anytime if you just want to talk.:)

trayi52
06-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Kim, I know that I thank God for you. I don't know what I would have done without you during all the hard times that I have had lately. Your friendship has meant so much to me, if there is anyway that I can help you through your hard times, please let me know, you know that I am just a phone call away.

Love and hugs,
Willie

finn's mom
06-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Kim, I hardly know you, and, it doesn't matter. I hope you can make it through whatever life throws your way. I'll be thinking of you and hoping with the support and love of your family, friends, and, furry pals, that you can be strong and see a light at the end of the tunnel. Take care of you, and, as Peter Pan says, think happy thoughts and you can fly! (and, yes, I know I'm a dork for quoting Peter Pan, but, it's true!)

rg_girlca
06-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Dear Kim;

I still don't know what exactly had happened, but please know dear friend that I am here for you.

I pray that you get back on your feet soon and start to feel more like yourself.

When I have time, I will read the links that you have in your website so I can get more of a grasp as to what you are going through in regards to your depression and panic attacks.

My hubby also has Type 2 diabetes, so I know somewhat as to what you are dealing with.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way and major ((((((HUGS))))))

catmandu
06-06-2005, 03:06 PM
MISTER SCRAPPY,AND MR FLUFFY ANGEL,ARE COMING,TO BE WITH YOU,KIM,AND THESE GENTLEMEN,BELEIVE ME,CAN MAKE ANYONE FEEL BETTER.THEY DID,THAT FOR ALL,THE NEWCOMERS,AND I,FOR MANY YEARS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture145.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through a "bad spell." I just hope and pray you start feeling better real soon as you are a very loved and respected member of PT and we miss you already.

Sending positive thoughts and prayers to help you through this recent rough spot. {{{hugs}}}

chocolatepuppy
06-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Kim, I hope everything turns out ok! :) I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

carole
06-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Dearest Kim, I hope you can stop by for a brief moment to see all these messages, so that you know you are dearly missed, and very highly thought about, we all care about you and what is happening in your life.

Health issues strike us all from time to time, and it is a vicious cycle unfortunately, when our health is bad we feel down and get depressed, just want you to know Kim we all understand how you must be feeling right now, and remember anytime you wish to chat feel free to PM me too, I always have a sympathetic ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on.

HUGS sweetie and I sure hope you are on top of things again soon, and back to your wonderful cheery and sweet self.Take care, you are in my thoughts .:)

sirrahbed
06-06-2005, 09:19 PM
I would like to encourage ya'll to take a look at the medical pages on Kim's website. (http://www.kimskitties.com/) She talks about what it is like to live with depressive illness, diabetes and panic disorder - and I think it is very helpful to read about what it is like from someone who deals with these illnesses daily. I have panic myself - which is one symptom of my diagnosis of PTSD (post trauma stress disorder) - mine being a result of a sexual assault and abuse. I also have MDE (major depressive disorder) and have had three episodes that lasted from several months to years. Those who have not had these disorders may find it hard to understand. I am an RN and remember that during my psychiatric rotation - I simply had no real concept of what it was like to be so ill. Now I have been there - and know that it can happen to anyone and is not a weakness or personality flaw.

Also - I am sorry that it tends to be a sad fact that some doctors may want to blame everything that happens to us on our emotions - not so!!! Like, if we have had emotional illnesses - that we can't be plain old sick!!!

That said - I just want to send some encouragement and hugs to (((((Kim))))) Take care my friend and know that we are not going to let you hide in the woodwork forever and are still here even though you may feel very alone and sad... and *may* be full of self-loathing and hopelessness. I am positive that you will come back up from that darkness that seems to consume.

Kim - you are very well loved by so many people on PT. Many of us do not know the right words to say, some may seem to stay away or even criticize - but you also know that the eyes of depression skew the way you look out at the world temporarily. You are also a gentle spirited, sweet and tender person with a great deal of creative energy - which seems to hallmark many who suffer depressions. It is the kindest people who are often hurt the most easily.

OK, more big (((((HUGS)))))

Karen
06-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Kim asked me to remind everyone that her account is disabled right now, so she cannot respond to Private Messages or posts. So do not be offended if she isn't replying. She thanks everyone for the well wishes.

We all look forward to a time when she is feeling better, and can get back to normal life again.

Oggyflute
06-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Best thoughts and wishes to you Kim.

chrangharris
06-07-2005, 07:25 AM
We are praying for you!!

persianmom
06-07-2005, 07:54 AM
My prays are with you Kim Big hug from me to you
Love ya Carol

KYS
06-07-2005, 08:31 AM
My thoughts are with you.
When you are up to it, come in and read the light happy posts.

Sending (((HUGS)))
Karen, Sheba and Rocky

Vio&Juni
06-07-2005, 01:44 PM
So sorry to hear that.

I was just about to try to pm her, then I saw that her pm is disabled and wanted to start a thread to ask about Tabitha's eye.

Healing vibes and wishes of health to Kim.

Pam
06-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Kim, I haven't been around much lately and am not sure I know the problem. What I do know is that when people are quick to judge someone maybe they should walk a mile in their shoes. You have been at Pet Talk long enough for me to know that you are a good person. (((Hugs)))

jenluckenbach
06-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Kim, you MUST know that I wish you well. And you should also know that I understand the feelings that come with the depression. I've had them all my life. And even though I do not have diabetes, I have been diagnosed with some thyroid condition. It has caused me to regain all the weight that I so proudly took off and kept off and I feel like a failure. So I can certainly sympathize with you, even if I do not walk in your shoes. I want you to take care of yourself and I want you to return to pet talk where you are a VITAL part of the community. WE need you, even if you do not need us. I will be waiting for your return and I will welcome you with open arms.

tvt
06-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Hey Kim,
Hi, I'm new to PT, but I just want to encourage you. Actually, because of my depression, I looked up websites for cats and settled on this one. Right now the drs. are trying to change my meds because they quit working after so long a time, and that's always a hard thing for me to go through. I'm on the LAST medicine available that I HAVEN'T tried yet, and after that, who knows what- maybe shock therapy? But, hey, hang in there and know that you've got a bunch of other catlovers beside you all the way.

momcat
06-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Hey, Kim! How are you doing? Hope you're feeling a whole lot better. As for depression, I have a pretty fair idea of where you're at... been there, done that. Believe me, it does get better although at times you're not going to believe that. I didn't. Just remember, you didn't get here overnight so it's going to take some time to slay all these dragons! You can do it. Be patient with yourself, work with doctors you trust and feel comfortable with, and be sure to take your meds! I've been on paxil and buspar for a while now and they do work. If there's any way I can help, send me a pm. Prayers are being prayed for your speedy recovery!

sandragonfly
06-20-2005, 04:55 PM
*checking in..* miss you! I'm hoping for good things to come up for you... do hope you (and your lovely lucky cats) will be back soon. [kim]

Mad Mags Moo
06-20-2005, 04:59 PM
I don't know you that well kim but I am thinking of you. Hugs to you across the miles.
I also have diabetes and i know that sometimes life can get shitty but hang in there, if you want to vent your spleen feel free to PM or email me anytime ok.

captain
06-20-2005, 10:44 PM
I'll be going to check out your new site, but wish you all the very best with your struggle .....

In my thoughts .... Michelle