PDA

View Full Version : My poor dog

Kason
06-05-2005, 07:07 PM
My poor dog.....

She is very old and has arthritus. Her name is Shelby. We have to give her 9 pills a day, and that is very expensive. last night, she could hardly get up. My dad says we are going to have to put her to sleep next week, but he won't tell me when. All he says is that I'm going to come home from school one day and she'll be
gone.........
:(
I wish I could do somthing. I'm so sad.

Toby's my baby
06-06-2005, 09:04 AM
I am so sorry. :( I hope you have had many many years of good times with you dog, and I hope you will always remeber it.

My best friend, who is like a sister to me, had her dog for 23 years! It had terrible arthritis and could hardly move. She also had tumors on her stomach, the vet said they would have to put her to sleep, but they refused, so they gave them some meds. so she would be comfortable. On day, Ange (the dog) was crying and crying, and couldnt move, so they had to put her to sleep.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Poor you....poor Shelby.....as much as losing her is going to hurt please take comfort from knowing she will understand and be grateful for your final act of love for her

tikeyas_mom
06-06-2005, 01:55 PM
awe, it is so hard to find the strength to get through loosing a pet, and you know you are going to loose her.. so spend alot of time spoiling her in this time :). i am sure you made a great owner in her life. and she will miss you greatly..as i am sure she will be greatly missed.

poor Shelby

Pawsitive Thinking
06-09-2005, 10:21 AM
any news?

IRescue452
06-09-2005, 10:01 PM
I wish your dad would give you the option of helping her go. My grandmother put my aunt's doxie to sleep a few years ago when my aunt was in school. It's been almost 6 years and my aunt still hasn't forgiven her for not letting her say goodbye. I hope he at least holds her paw when she crosses over. I am still working on my mom to realize that there's a point in time where keeping her dog alive turns into selfishess. I'm sure you will give her the best week ever and she will remember you as the best person a dog could hope for.

Kason
06-14-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm SO miserable...... My dog is dead. we buried her yesterday. I'm crying my eyes out as I write this. I start crying every time I go into the yard, so I just stay inside. I LOVED HER MORE THAN ANYTHING words could say. You couldn't even talk to my dad afterwards because he was crying so hard. And the worst part is, I didn't even get to say goodbye.

popcornbird
06-14-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your dear pup's passing. :( I know it is hard, and with time, may her memories bring comfort to your hurting heart. Rest in peace sweet Shelby.

:(

jfritz1979
06-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Kason--
I am so sorry to hear about Shelby. I live in the South and I have a dog up home that is with my parents. She is 16 and has a disease (cushings) that affects her every few months. They almost had to put her down, but at the last minute, decided not to. I get to see her in a week or so, but they aren't sure how much longer she will last. I am very attached to animals too (like they are my kids) and I have 2 dogs and a cat with me here in Florida. I am 25 years old and will always have animals. I lost a few in my life time, but sometimes it is better, especially if they are suffering. I know you are very upset that you didn't get to say goodbye, but Shelby knows. Trust me. She is your little angel now and will always be with you. You just have to focus on the fun times you had with her and you are obviously a wonderful animal lover and you were very good to her and hopefully you can give the same amount of love to another eventually. I will always have them in my life because no matter what, they love you no matter what you look like when you get up in the morning!:) Please know that I and many others feel your pain. It's a very difficult situation to deal with. So please, stay strong for Shelby. She would want you to remember the fun times you had with her and she would want you to smile for her everytime you go in the back yard. Bless your heart Kason. Just remember...you are a great owner of a pet and some pets don't have that. One day you will have another that will mean just as much. They won't take Shelby's place, but they will put another mark in your heart. That is the best. They will always make you smile:) Take Care!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-15-2005, 04:54 AM
Oh Kason

I am so sorry to read your sad news x x x

luvofallhorses
06-15-2005, 12:14 PM
I am so sorry for your loss :( ((((hugs)))))

NoahsMommy
06-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Oh Kason, I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I hope that in time, you'll only remember the good times you shared.

Hugs,
Kelly

Logan
06-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Kason, I am so sorry for your loss.
Your family made a very brave and unselfish decision to relieve her from her suffering. I'm sorry you didn't get to say goodbye in person to her, but she is in a better place now. I truly believe that. :)

Your sweet girl has met some wonderful friends to keep her company while she waits for you. Keep the faith and you will see Shelby again one day.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Logan