PDA

View Full Version : Guy issue again - what should I do this time?

CountryWolf07
06-05-2005, 10:31 AM
New update: I'm not sure what to do exactly, just stand there and wait, or make the first move, or tell him. The other night, he came with me to a little get-together at a friend's house, and I had my friend's boyfriend "watch/check things out" him around me, and here's what I found out:

Ok well, I found out that my friend's boyfriend didn't talk to Zack about me, but he observed, watched him around me. Zack never came right out and said "Hey I like Rachel though" or anything like that, so, Derek noticed that Zack's demeanor changes completely when he's around me. Demeanor, like his attitude, the way he acts.. and around me, he became quiet and shy. I don't know why he would be shy and quiet around me and we've known eachother for 2 years.. but he does mention he has a good time with me every time before we leave or something.. So, I told my mom about it.. She goes, "Rach, I think he'll do it soon.. " because I mentioned how he hesistates, before we leave or anything.. we'll just stand there.. and he kind of hesistates on what to do or say.. then we'll just hug and say good bye. So, there you have it! Derek believes he likes me, because of his body langauge around me..

catnapper
06-05-2005, 10:38 AM
ahhh... the insecurity of young love! :D ;) I'd say it sounds like he's into you, and he gets quiet because he's afraid he'll say something to embarass you in front of others, or say somethign to give his true feelings away before he can bring himself to tell you about those feelings himself.

How about renting one of those movies where the couple are best friends forever and suddenly realize they are in love? You can watch it together and see if he reacts! ;)

CountryWolf07
06-05-2005, 10:46 AM
You think so? Hmm, what movie? ;)

Luvin Labs
06-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Get your friend and your friends boyfriend and Zach and go on a double date to a nice dancing place (do any of them line dance/two step/couple dance at all?).

Slow dance comes up... friend and friends b/f go out onto the floor. SO DO YOU TWO :)

or go out somewhere nice to eat with people mentioned above, one of the other two go to the bathroom, the other one has 'an important call' on his/her cell and takes it outside, boom you two are alone... :)

try to find something to break the silence :)

CountryWolf07
06-05-2005, 02:35 PM
What about the beach? :D

christa
06-05-2005, 03:24 PM
GO FOR IT!

I kissed my husband on our first date! It's no biggie . . . I could tell he wanted to but he was stalling like crazy! So I just leaned in and took the plunge! And 7 years later . . . well, the rest is history, I guess I should say.

There's nothing wrong with you making the first move. Sounds to me like he likes you A LOT!

GO FOR IT!!! PLEASE! You're killing me! LOL

RICHARD
06-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by CountryWolf07
What about the beach? :D

How do you look in a bathing suit???

Sorry, I couldn't help that..:D

Do a picnic or bowling or cow tipping......

Something not that 'cultured'.....

You know.....when he gets all flustered and spills a coke on his shirt or splits his pants he won't die of embarrassment.

Another thing you might try....

Women talk about guys with a sense of humor. Guys enjoy women who like to laugh.

Take you time and don't rush him....a real guy takes his time and won't take a chance a ruining a good thing.

Fox-Gal
06-05-2005, 03:33 PM
I'd say he is into you.

Why don't you just have your friend ask him, one night you are all together. Men do that, all he has to do is say "Hey you into her or what?" The worse that can happen is he says, that your just friends or maybe, something like he wishes, who knows, you might just be surprised, by the answer. :D If you find out what you want and what we all think is his feeling.........Then GO for it.

If not sounds like you guys could be playing the waiting game for a long time, someone has to make the first move, and theres no reason it can't be you. :D

catnapper
06-05-2005, 03:43 PM
There's that somewhat new Ashton Kucher & Amanda Pete movie... don't know the name (it'd be nice to know the outcome BEFORE you both watch it just so you know if its a happy ending like you want ;) )

Then there's the classic "When Harry Met Sally"

CountryWolf07
06-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Thank you for all the advices! I started noticing how he's been acting sweet around me a while ago, and it had gotten me thinking. I thought, wait, why would he be shy around me eventhough we've been friends that long.. you know what though.. the other night, I made him laugh so hard.. and I didn't have to be funny.

We've been friends for almost 2 years now, and how we met? Well, I walked in class on the 1st day, which was Reading class.. and I looked around to find an empty spot, and I spot one up front, and as I looked around, I saw him, and he smiled at me, and I smiled back, then I went to sit down.. he sat behind me. Couple weeks later, I find him sitting next to my usual empty spot, and I thought "Ooh.. what do I do?" cause I never had anyone notice me. So we just talked, met, shared assignments, and we hung out, then we hit it off really well. Everybody thought we were dating, he was my boyfriend, etc. etc., but none of that. As I got to know him, I found out I had his aunt as my English teacher Junior year and his uncle was my high school's Althetic director, and I was involved with helping out football/baseball/basketball.. His aunt saw me at the football game one time and she ran up to me and gave me a huge hug, and Zack was standing there all confused, haha! So, I thought, that was crazy! We both have the same exact car, same color, everything. We both wanted to go to Kent State University - and I'm off to Kent in August, and he isn't going, cause' he decided to stay close to home and remain going to community college.... ANYWAY, 2 years ago I liked him, and we we had things in common, but things didn't really work out and we just stayed good friends.. then 2 yrs later.. it's like karma, it hit me in the face that I realized I had feelings for him the ENTIRE TIME.. Anyway, enough babbling. I'll let you guys know what happens.. :) Here's two pictures from the other night..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/gbrooksfan07/Pictures457.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/gbrooksfan07/Pictures456.jpg

catnapper
06-05-2005, 06:43 PM
oh man, the body language he's showing is a definate! He's oblivious to the world! :D

CountryWolf07
06-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Haha.. yeah.. I know.. he always leans in closer when I talk.. then he'll either poke or kick me playfully when I'm not looking.. haha

Body language is good.. it means a lot, right? I heard sometimes it doesn't.. someone told me that I shouldn't base it all on body language.. ?

barclaysmom
06-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Everyone has great advice and he's super cute! haha Just remember unless you are positive he's into you, in a more intimate way, you might not want to ask him out. There has to be a reason he hasn't asked you out on a date yet. Maybe you should be a little more welcoming in how you act with him, or maybe he just wants more time to figure out what he's feeling. Be patient! I'm sure everything will turn out great.
;)

CountryWolf07
06-05-2005, 08:37 PM
I can't help but say.. I noticed how Zack is so respectful around me.. and he apologizes a lot if he swears.. he doesn't call me nick names.. like "hun", etc.. usually how guys would do that naturally, but Zack doesn't do that.. That's what attracted me to him.. and he's just honest with me, eventhough he's a quiet guy..

Yeah.. I'm just sitting here wondering on my next move.. I just don't want to lose him, if I tell him, he could just stop talking to me, and be shady.. but that probably wouldn't happen..

Oh my goodness, I need to stop thinking and watch tv or something.. haha..

Oggyflute
06-05-2005, 11:21 PM
I think you should just go get him mate.:) Carole virtually had to do the same thing with me.:o :rolleyes: :D

CountryWolf07
06-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
I think you should just go get him mate.:) Carole virtually had to do the same thing with me.:o :rolleyes: :D

Thanks! Hehe.. so I guess it's okay to make the first move.. EVENTUALLY! It isn't easy.

Toby's my baby
06-06-2005, 10:12 AM
I say go for it!

I had a huge crush on my best guy friend, and I actually broke him and his girlfrien up. His girlfriend happened to be Emma (Dogz, sorry emma!) On the last day of school, I was just going to ask him out. But I got so nervous and I couldnt do it! My sister was like, just ask him out! Finally after me acting stupid for an hour, he asked me out, and we have been dating for over a year :)

I say go for it, just hope that he really does like you. And if you do go out, make sure you are always really close, so you dont loose a good friend. GO FOR IT GIRL! :D

Cataholic
06-06-2005, 01:14 PM
Why can't you just ask him to do something you are interested in doing? It doesn't have to be a D-A-T-E. Just two people hanging out. I think it would be fun to get a group of people together and go canoeing. Something outside, group'ish, fun, and a place to talk with no real pressures....stuff like that.

I am going to tell you to NOT push it forward. There might be a reason...maybe he is just waiting for the right moment, when he feels sure?

CountryWolf07
06-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Why can't you just ask him to do something you are interested in doing? It doesn't have to be a D-A-T-E. Just two people hanging out. I think it would be fun to get a group of people together and go canoeing. Something outside, group'ish, fun, and a place to talk with no real pressures....stuff like that.

I am going to tell you to NOT push it forward. There might be a reason...maybe he is just waiting for the right moment, when he feels sure?

Right now, all I am doing is just.. hanging out with him. I left a message asking him if he wanted to go to the beach with me sometime this week, because it is pretty hot/warm outside this week. :) That's just something simple, not a date, just a hanging out sort of thing.

CountryWolf07
06-09-2005, 06:47 AM
Ok, Zack and I will hang out either this weekend or next week... at the beach! I'll go for it.. make the first move. So, walk on the beach, sit on the rocks, talk, if there's a silence moment... then it's time for me to make my move, give him a kiss on the cheek or something like that, to thank him for hanging out with me, or say something funny about how people thought we looked like a serious couple at my friend's get-together (my friend did actually say that.. ) and another girl thought Zack was my boyfriend/asked if we were dating.

So My friend Andy has given me a push, by telling me this - "Some guys (myself included), but not many, might find themselves really respecting a girl and wanting to keep her, so they purposely keep the pressure off until the girl does something to show she wants it." Andy is such a good friend of mine.. :) And he also showed me this quote:

"Have you ever loved someone and they had absolutely no idea whatsoever? Or fell for youur best friend in the entire world, and then sat around and watched him/her fall for someone else? Have you ever denied your feelings for someone because your fear of rejection was too hard to handle? We tell lies when we are afraid.... afraid of what we don't know, afraid ofwhat others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us. But every time we tell a lie...the thing we fear grows stronger. Have you ever noticed that the worst way to miss someone is when they are right beside you and yet you can never have them...when the moment you can't feel them under your fingertips you miss them? Have you ever wondered which hurts the most; saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing and wishing you had? I guess the most important things are the hardest things to say. Don't be afraid to tell someone you love them. If you do, they might break your heart ...but if you don't, you might break theirs. Have you ever decided not to become a couple because you were so afraid of losing what you already had with that person? Your heart decides who it likes and who it doesn't. You can't tell your heart what to do. It does it on its own... when you least suspect it, or even when you don't want it to. Have you ever wanted to love someone with everything you had, but that other person was too afraid to let you? Too many of us stay walled because we are too afraid to care too much...for fear that the other person does not care as much, or that all. Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have, or could have had."

While hanging out at Starbucks, I actually said something hilarious.. I said that I was gonna wear my bathing suit top cause it'll be quite a humid weekend and next week, and I was gonna wear a shirt over it, and I said something to him, like, "Man, I'm hot, I'm gonna take off my shirt", then I realized what I said, and my friend & I started laughing so hard. Whoops! BLONDE MOMENT THERE! :p