PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Mari (mumpkees) !!!

QueenScoopalot
06-05-2005, 08:14 AM
Mari is a wonderful person who has a huge soft spot for special needs kitties. :) Like me, she has a M*A*S*H* Unit at her home, and I've known her from another forum (TheChKittyClub). :D We've been chit-chatting back and forth regarding my little cerebellar babies from two weekends ago. http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79973
Mari has several cerebellar kitties, and has been expressing interest in the wee ones I have here, but later on that. Texas is a distance from Mass. *sigh*:( I threatened to start a 'Welcome' thread Mari, so WELCOME!!! :D ;) :p :) No escape now lol! :D Jan

catnapper
06-05-2005, 08:26 AM
hee hee... Mari, come out come out wherever you are!

Welcome to PT, we'd love to meet you and get to know more about you!

catmandu
06-05-2005, 08:34 AM
WE ARE EAGER,TO MEET YOU,MARI.WHEN I WAS A LAD,MANY YEARS AGO,WE HAD A BLACK,AND GRAY CAT,WITH WHITE BOOTIES,THAT WAS HANDICAPPED,IN THAT WAY.HE DROOLED ,ALL THE TIME,AND OFTEN YOU HAD,TO PUT HIM,IN FRONT,OF HIS DISH,AND WE COULDNT LET HIM,OUT,AS HE COULDNT FIND HIS WAY HOME.HE WAS A GREAT FUNNY CAT,VERY WARM,WITH A HAPPY FACE,AND WAS ALWAYS PLAYING,WITH ANYTHING,TAHT CAME HIS WAY.SADLY HE FELL,IN THE WASHING MACHINE,THAT WAS GOING,INTO THEOLD FASHIONED OPEN WASHING TUB MACHINE,AND DRWONED,AND MY MOTHER,WAS SO SAD,THAT SHE WAS NOT WATCHING DUNCAN,AS I THINK,OF ALL THE CATS,THAT WE HAD,DUNCAN,WAS HER FAVORITE,DESPITE HIS PROBLEMS.NOW,THEY HAVE BEEN TOGETHER,FOR 14 YEARS,AND I KNOW,THAT THEY ARE HAPPY TOGETHER.PLEASE KEEP,UP THAT GREAT WORK,WITH THOSE VERY SPECIAL CATS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1030.jpg:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

furrykidsmother
06-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Come on out and introduce yourself Mari! You will just love it here! It is really quite a wonderful place!!

QueenScoopalot
06-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Mari will be on long after the sun goes down lol! Too many fuzzbutts to care for, and often she doesn't get on the 'puter until after midnight....but welcome when you have time to get here Mari. :)

mumpkees
06-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Geez when Queen S says she's gonna introduce you - she wastes no time! I'm an old hat (and an old broad!) to the yahoo groups and while I have been a pet talk member for a couple of years I never have gotten active. Sooooo, my first few posts are going to be pretty plain jane until I figure out all the bells and whistles and fancy siggys you all are using.

I'll start out by saying that I rescued my first tabbyat age six. I named her Button Eyes cuz her eyes looked like big buttons (cut me some slack I was SIX! :) ) My mother had five kids and was always bringing home an abandoned cat, kitten, puppy or dog. We kids were allowed to have any small pet we wanted as long as we took responsibility for the care and feeding and loving of the baby. She taught us how to care for everything from birds, to white mice, to guinea pigs, to rabbits, to hamsters to fish. She taught us respect and how to love them. And she taught us that it was okay to grieve for them when it was their time to cross. Over the years our house was always filled with many different species all living together.

So I guess I come by this rescue thing naturally. I love all creatures but my passion is cats and there has only been one time and that was only for a few weeks where I haven't shared my life with a cat. But several weeks into college I found my first kitten who secretly shared my dorm room. After college my kitten and I "got our own place" and soon we became a multicat household when we went to a local shelter and picked out a friend for Misty.

Moving to Alabama in the 70's, we soon discovered feral colonies and began TNR and placement of kittens. My special needs "specialty" started upon rescue of our first family of feline leukemia babies who I was promptly told to pts by my vet and which of course fell on deaf ears. Now while we still have a special place in our heart for the leuk babies and always have several sharing our home, we now have a house full of CH babies, those with missing eyes, blind babies, deaf babies and those with missing limbs and other birth defects.

Not sure if there is a message length limit, but I am sure that I am fast approaching it so will close this now and begin introducing our family as we go along. Thanks again for the warm welcome. I look forward to meeting everyone. I know I have made some great friends on the various cat yahoo groups I belong to and may even know a few of you from them.

Headbonks! (I have attached - I hope! - a picture of MaxMan who would kill me if he wasn't first pic posted. He is our severe CH baby and our world revolves around his "bark" and call.

SpiritCat (mari) and the Mooseheart Mumpkees of southeastern Texas where it is already too dang hot!

smokey the elder
06-06-2005, 11:35 AM
You are officially a Wonderful Human Being! Welcome to Pet Talk. I have one CH cat, Diva, who's a dollface, but will end up face first in her litter if she doesn't get help. All my other cats are (physically, at least:p ) normal. I foster for a local rescue group, and often take on "projects" (abused, feral, etc.) and try to socialize them.

Laura's Babies
06-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Hi mum! Welcome to our favorite place to be when they house needs cleaning, supper needs cooking or there are just to many things to do around the house. This is where we all meet up and forget all those hum drum chores!! I am Laura of Laura's Babies and I have a sweetie pie CH kitty Amy. Amy is to sweet for words and never quits trying to overcome her handicap by doing things she knows scares me to death..

I am a bit out of pocket right now but wanted to drop in and say "HI" and "WELCOME"...

catcrazylady
06-08-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm running behind (as usual) but I want to wish you a very warm welcome!
They call me CCL for short and I belong to a gang of twelve that are below in my signature.
Can't wait to see pictures and hear more stories about your babies.:) :) :)

doolittleky
06-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Welcome Mari! Sounds like you had the best childhood! I too have a soft spot for the special needs babies. I am always wanting or rescuing the ones that no one wants. I have10 cat, two dogs and one bunny that live with me and then two cats that live two differnet places and also my latest rescue who is at my mom's right now. 7 of my cats are diabetic, one also is FIV+, some of them also have allergy and IBD problems, one of them has hyperthyroid, and my oldest dog has an enlarged heart and livers along with other health problems. At feeding times I feel like I am in a clinic doing rounds because that is when they all get they meds or insulin ect. It keeps me busy.
Melissa

momcat
06-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I've been here since March and have enjoyed every moment. I'm owned by one kitty that I am completely and totally in love with, four year old Groucho. I first saw him at 7 weeks old and instantly I knew he was coming home with me. We've been together ever since. I hope to post some pictures of him within the next few weeks or at least try to figure out how to do it. Anyway, I'm a lifetime animal lover and absolutely abhor any abuse, neglect, or mistreatment of any animal-pet or otherwise. Pets ask so little of us yet give us so much in return! Now that you're officially part of the crew, I look forward to your future posts. As you go through the posts... be prepared to laugh, cry, and fall in love over and over again.

aly
06-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Welcome to PT, Mari!! So nice to have you here! Bless you for all that you do and have done over the years. You are a true angel, just like Jan! :)

My name is Alyson and I am your Texas neighbor! I live in Austin. I have lived in Houston several different times in the past. I'm with ya on the *TOO HOT* thing. I can't wait for August to be over with, and its just the beginning of June :eek:

I just have 2 cats of my own, as I'm not even settled down permanently in a home of my own yet (recently finished college and all). I share your lifelong love of all things furry, feathered, and scaly! I became involved in rescue 6 years ago. I started volunteering at shelters, which eventually led to a few jobs but I never stopped volunteering as well. I've also had a constant stream of fosters for the past 5 years. I currently have some kitties that have been hard to place. I also have a foster dog at the moment. After all these guys find homes, I will probably take a couple months of a break while I look for a home to buy. After that, I will be full force fostering again! Of course, whenever I say I am going to take a break, some little baby needs me and it never ends up happening.

Anyway, so glad to meet another Texan on here. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us!

catfamily
06-09-2005, 05:05 AM
Hi Mari
Welcome to Pettalk.Sounds like you have your hands full.Your an Angel :D :D :D I have 14 cats that are pretty easy to take care of.My name is Carla