PDA

View Full Version : The good, the bad and the ugly

kuhio98
06-05-2005, 01:03 AM
Well, we had our garage sale for Second Chances All Animal Rescue today as I mentioned in an earlier thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80804

THE GOOD: We raised $507.83 for the rescue ! :D :D :D

THE BAD: Some poor excuse for a human being stole one of the tools out of a Sears Craftsman set that our neighbors donated. This set of thingy-majiggies (obviously, I know nothing about tools) costs $60 at Sears. It was brand new, never been used. Someone stole just one of the tools, so we have to mark it down significantly. :(

THE UGLY: A man with a very full, bushy beard dropped by and got into a conversation with my husband about cars. Turns out this gentlemen is a mechanic. He was very expressive with his hands and gestured wildly. My husband (being a man, after all) :rolleyes: completely missed the fact that there were 2-inch, cotton candy pink fake nails on these "man hands". :eek: They talked and talked and he gestured and gestured. By this time, I was quite hypnotized by the pink nails and he noticed my facination. At which point, I asked him if working on cars was hard on his manicure. :p (My husband FINALLY noticed!) He said no and volunteered that he works as a female impersonator on the weekends (with a full beard?) :confused: I didn't ask any more questions. At this point he left with his purchase. What was his purchase, you ask? Well, he bought 10 pairs on extra large, control top Nordstrom pantyhose. :eek:

Soooo, if you're ever in a drag bar in Anchorage, Alaska and a "woman" with a full beard comes up to you, be kind. "She's" an animal lover.

Lisa

LuckiLab03
06-05-2005, 01:18 AM
Hahahaha.. that's hilarious. Sounds like he looks hot as a woman! :p

that's great that you raised that much for the rescue :D :D :D

Oggyflute
06-05-2005, 02:32 AM
The good, the bad and the hilarious.:D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll remember that next time I'm in Anchorage.;) :D

Killearn Kitties
06-05-2005, 06:13 AM
:D :D Worth making a special trip for, I'd say!

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-05-2005, 06:21 AM
what a great illustration of the expression "the good, the bad & the ugly" ;) :D

finn's mom
06-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Oh, my gosh, what a great story. That's one to write down for future generations. Awesome!

lizbud
06-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
what a great illustration of the expression "the good, the bad & the ugly" ;) :D

Ditto that Lut.:D

Twisterdog
06-05-2005, 01:39 PM
LMAO ... that's priceless.

We have a strange one here, too. His (her?) name is Carmen, and he walks around town pulling a kid's red wagon. Nothing in it, just pulls the wagon around. He always wears nice dresses, heels, panty hose, etc. He also wears a very well-padded bra ... probably a DD! :eek: He also has a lovely full beard. Takes all kinds, I suppose.

equinelover23
06-05-2005, 03:38 PM
lmao.. that's hilarious... though I think I'd run away as soon as I saw the pink nails. :p

catnapper
06-05-2005, 03:45 PM
LOL... love the nail story!

Grrr.... what moron was that rude and heartless to do that? Grrr

moosmom
06-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Soooo, if you're ever in a drag bar in Anchorage, Alaska and a "woman" with a full beard comes up to you, be kind. "She's" an animal lover.

ROFLMAO!!! That's hysterical!

I hope the tool that the guy stole breaks on him! :mad: Jerk!!

NoahsMommy
06-05-2005, 06:16 PM
Good: Yay! That's great news!! I know that'll go to help lots of animals in need. You guys are GREAT!! :) ((hugs))

Bad: That is horrid! :mad: :mad: What goes around comes around, I think even harsher when this stuff happens to people that are trying to help. What a JERK!!

"Ugly": Well....my mom would say, "That's why they make different flavors of jell-o". ;) Sounds like a nice person.

momcat
06-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Unreal!!!! Sounds like you had quite a day. As for the swiped tool, may it break on that $#@**! and completely ruin whatever it is he's trying to do! As for bushy beard pink nails, what's there to say.....