PDA

View Full Version : memory of my angel

hockeyfan
06-03-2005, 11:32 PM
I recently lost my 15 year old pom and I often wonder if I did everything I could for her. It was the hardest choice to make when I took her in for her last car ride and left without her. How do you carry on when you lose the best friend you ever had?

gemini9961
06-04-2005, 01:32 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I know it must be hard. I have never lost a pet that close to me yet and I dread the day it happens. There are a lot of people on here who can give you great advice on your loss. Again I am truly sorry for your sweet baby.

jennifert9
06-04-2005, 01:46 AM
I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved pup. There really is no easy way to deal with it. Mourn and grieve and come here to Pet Talk for sympathy if you need to do so. Everyone here understands the pain you are going through and noone will dismiss it....

With Sympathy,

Jennifer

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-04-2005, 11:30 AM
I am so sorry for your loss!:( When I lost my best friend, Bandit, 3 years ago, the best thing I could do was remember that my buddy was/IS always with me!! I also got another dog shortly after to ease the pain, even though it never totally healed me. ((HUGS)):(

K9soul
06-04-2005, 03:02 PM
hockeyfan, first of all welcome to Pet Talk, and I'm sorry your first post had to be a sad one. It is so extremely heartrending and difficult to lose our furry companions, our shadows, our heart and souls - all of that they become and more. Please just give yourself time, and let yourself fully grieve. Don't feel you must tuck it away, and certainly don't feel that it's wrong to grieve her so deeply: she was a member of your family and very close to your heart.

Here are a couple sites you might like to look at dealing with pet loss:

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

http://www.in-memory-of-pets.com/

May you find some comfort in sharing your loss with those who understand.

Sudilar
06-05-2005, 10:43 PM
I am sorry for your great loss. Hugs.

LorraineO
06-06-2005, 05:44 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of your baby.....

anna_66
06-06-2005, 07:34 AM
My condolences on the loss of your beloved pom.

I lost my 13 yr old rottie Angus almost a year ago now and the pain is still devistating if I think too hard about him.
For now just grieve and try to remember all the good times you had together & cry. Cry for the good times and the bad. Try to remember every minute you had together.
I recently started a scrapbook. I think it's helped me remember the good times better than just in my thoughts.

I wish I could help more, but I know I can't. The healing process is your alone and I'm sure after time the pain will lessen.
Take care.

Anna

finn's mom
06-07-2005, 10:06 AM
You know, even though I went through the same thing with my dog, Bruno (he was also fifteen, and, my best friend), I can't really give you any advice. Everyone moves on in a different way, everyone heals differently. You will never truly get over a loss such as what you're experiencing. But, I think, for most people, it does get easier as time goes by. It's just a matter of grieving when you're supposed to grieve, and, letting go when it's right for you. I can look back at photos and videos of Bruno, now, without breaking down. But, it's been two years. That's not to say I don't still wish he was here with me. And, it's not to say that I don't still wonder if I did everything I could have for him while he was alive. Because I do. I have moved on, and, you will, too, when the time is right. But, I will never get over that boy. He was too much a part of my life, my soul, my breath, and, he always will be. Anyway, I am sorry this is so long, I was feeling sentimental. ;) I hope Bruno was there at the Rainbow Bridge to say hi to your girl.

ramanth
06-07-2005, 10:10 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. :(