PDA

View Full Version : Pardon me, your thong is showing

catnapper
06-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Ok, this is something thats been iring me for a while, but tonight took the cake.....

I hate the "fashion" where girls think its "cool" to have their thongs hanging out. I've never been too keen on the boys with their boxers, but it REALLY bothers me with hte thong. I wish I could walk up to them and tap them on the shoulder and say "excuse me, but could you please hike up your pants, or perhaps wrap a sweater around your waist?"

Anyhooo... tonight was my son's high school graduation. EVERYONE, and I mean everyone dressed up for the occasion, EXCEPT one girl.She wore skin tight jeans, then when she sat down, we saw EVERYTHING. I may have seen the South Pole, thats how much of a show we got. :eek: I felt someone needed to tell her that she was giving hundreds of people a free show, but hubby and the kids said "Don't you dare" I was honestly going to be polite, and talk to her as if I was trying to help her out. Kind of like I would if somebody had the tag hanging out of their blouse.

The parents behind her were having a feild day! The moms were all laughing and taking photos of her thong (yes, I did too!) As my son said, "Boy her thong will be in lots of albums!":D LOL The dads were all looking left, right, up, down, anywhere but straight ahead to where she sat. It rained, so everything was moved indoors. It was CROWDED. Yet, the two chairs directly behind thong girl remain unoccupied - nobody wanted to sit behnd her and look at it all night! :eek:

Now what I want to know is this: Why are they allowed to dress half naked, yet we can't say anything to them about perhaps covering up so that we don't have to look at it? I am all for freedom of expression... but in such a public forum? Why not express yourself with your buddies at home, or at a club where others are expressing themselves. Why at a majorly family function? But then I wonder, why it matters WHERE they are... why should I have to look at her butt cheeks hanging out? Why do I need to know the brand of underwear, and her preference for underwear fabrics?

Then the same thing goes for girls who feel its their duty to shove their boobs as much as their wonderbra allows, then show them in their entirety for everyone to see? Excuse me, but I don't need to see that much cleavage when I run into the supermarket or when I go out to dinner with my husband. I don't need to see it any time, any place... unless we went to a Vegas revue... even then I'm not so sure I need to see that much boobage hanging out.

Now... I am fairly sure I'm rambling at this point (been a long day, but I hope you can follow me!) but they show off their wares, yet we can't say anything to them about it! God forbid! They would start saying how rude we were. If we were male, then they'd be screaming perversion or harassment. It just seems so unfair. I also think people are afraid to say anything because we are so uncomfortable LOOKING at it, that we are uncomfortable to say anything. Am I the only one who is annoyed at this whole "fashion trend"?

sammy101
06-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Oh i hate that.I dont mind if girls wear thongs,but when its hanging out like that..ack its gross.I was at starbucks,and i had to see that for about 1/2 hour.I also hate REALLY lowtop shirts,i have some lowtop shirts,but i wear tanktops underneath.I barely show any cleavage,and i wear bras that actually fit me:p
I really dont see a problem with thong underwear,as long as its not hanging out everywhere.Mind you,i've seen a few older ladies that have everything hanging out.:p
My friends mom was talking about how someone lets their daughter dress in a little white tanktop,with a BLACK bra on,and a tiny mini skirt...i just dont understand.My mom would kill me if i wore that.:eek: Dressing with almost nothing on looks so umcomfortable.
Being a teen,i see girls getting in trouble at school for dress code,shirts too low,too short,your skirt is to short.AND girls have holes in their jeans in their butts,so theirs skins showing...ack its really gross.
I dont know how people could dress like that.

jennifert9
06-03-2005, 10:49 PM
catnapper, I am with you...
I don't want to see things in public that would be "seductive" in private....
I have 2 major pet peeves on this same issue: women who wear bikini tops to a store that is NOWHERE near a beach...........isn't that a violation of the "No Shirt, No Shoes policy?" There isn't a beach for 15 miles but you couldn't find a shirt on the way here? I'm wearing a shirt AND a bra! Imagine that!!

And, the second one....usually encountered early morning at the grocery store, men with sweat pants on!! YUCK!! If I wanted to see your "package", I would have married you!! GROSS!!

LOL!!

I have to admit however, I think I am a bit of a "prude" (probably just my own insecurities but......;) Even my 62 year old mother tells me to "loosen up a bit!" :D:D

kitten645
06-04-2005, 02:04 AM
I am by no means a prude and I respect everyones right to express themselves as they see fit but I'm with you all. I've been it the super market a couple of times and seen girls..and I do mean GIRLS..under 12 wearing "shorts" less than six inches in length. Hip bones plus a few inches exposed. Sixish year old girls with skirts hardly covering anything, and my heartfelt fear is that there are so many perverts in the world, how could you ever let your child out there with that sort of covering or rather NOT on? It scares me to death to see kids out there by themselves that ARE covered up.. I can't imagine letting them out in public like that. Frankly if they were nude it would be less provocative. If you are 21 and can handle yourself, fine..dress that way and deal with the consequences but for the love of pete these kids can't understand what they are inviting. No one asks or deserves to be assaulted but there are certainly ways to avoid being the object of violence.
I just don't understand the parents of these kids allowing this sort of behaviour.
Claudia

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-04-2005, 07:46 AM
I agree 100% !!! I am so happy that my own 16-year old daughter doesn't want to walk around like that. She has a good and decent taste!
Oh well, I would let her wear those things, I am a caring mom!!

Corinna
06-04-2005, 08:04 AM
I had one of those once when I worked at a Subway. I knew her parents and knew it would not be condoned by them . So I was a bit rude , I rolled up a dollar bill and pulled the thong up and put it in the strap thenwhen she looked at me werid I said isn't that what you wanted? Her group of freinnds laughed and she never did it again. One of the group of boys there thanked me he had been trying to tell her how slutty she looked. They just got married last year.
I also informed boys I didn't care for the boxers showing please for the health lisence of my store I needed them covered all the way. I had only one or 2 who wouldn't andthey stopped coming in.

moosmom
06-04-2005, 09:27 AM
I see alot of that stuff working at the funeral home. There was a girl one night, who had on a short skirt and blouse that allowed her bare midriff to show. She did NOT have the body for it either. She did not have a flat stomach. Everytime she walked, her fat jiggled. I'd never THINK of wearing something like that to a funeral, let alone at all unless I had the body of a super model.

I don't know what it is with kids today. I think it says alot about the parents. I never would have made it to the door if I dressed slutty. My father had a problem with me wearing nylons to school!

Catnapper,

What I would've done was quietly tell her that people were laughing about her behind her back. Maybe THAT would've done something.

I also can't stand when boys wear their pants down around their knees with their boxers showing. Makes me want to run up and give them a wedgie!!

catnapper
06-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Problem isn't necessarily the parents. My daughter INSISTS on thongs. IF she gave me a VALID reason for wearing them outside of her standard "because I want to" I might let her. She hasn't therefore she will not wear them til she's out of my house. Then she can do whatever she wants. If ever I find a pair, I cut the strings and toss them in the trash. I find them about once a month, and we live down the street from an underwear outlet so they are only $1 a pair... at least I'm making her spend money for what she wants, while she knows we are adamantly against it. LOL

Kids are going to wear what they want, despite our parental protests. The more we protest the more they want to wear what we don't want them the wear. This is a fight I work very hard at... I KNOW arguing with her about the sleeziness of her dress will only make her dress worse, but I can't help myself from commenting. I currently joke that my oldest is in her "white trash bimbo" phase. Its about all I can do because arguing with her doesn't help. I sure wish I could comment to her friends "oh, I see you are also into that white trash bimbo look!" But I can't... sure dream about it though! :D I can't do anything except remind her that she needs to dress more appropriately in sizes that fit her (that and maybe make a few of the more offending pieces disappear).

I blame a lot of the media on the clothing. They blasted Britney Spears to fame when my girls were only 12. They've been dressing like that for years (No, I never bought her those clothes, but her friends parentsDID) so its only natural progression that as you get older, you want to show more skin. Blech. Please, I don't want to look at it. Just flip through tv channels and you'll see more and more bellies & cleavage than you ever did. these kids aren't getting the idea to dress like this from their friends. They are gettign it from watching tv at night, from the movies, from music videos.

Kfamr
06-04-2005, 11:02 AM
I think it's beyond trashy when you see ANY type of underwear sticking out. Besides.. isn't it called UNDERwear for a reason??

And, weren't thongs meant (way back in the day) for when you wanted to dress up in a skirt or or dress and not have a panty-line? Oh no, but now we want everyone to see them.

What possibly could attract people to people like this is beyond me.

Sus
06-04-2005, 11:37 AM
You can count me in as a "prude"..!! :D No, honestly - I'm rarely embarrassed about the way some people (mostly young) dress, I just don't understand it!! :confused: What I mean is that there is no logic to it. I can understand the need to flash your merchandise if you work as a prostitute, but as for the rest of us...?? :) Why would I let myself freeze to death wearing to little clothes for a cool day in summer? Why would I want a guy to fall in love with my boobs instead of all of me??? Etc. etc. - I just don't get it! :rolleyes:

Love,
Sus and Bella

Randi
06-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Sus, you summed it up pretty well - I agree! ;) However, when I was a teenager, I did what I could to provoke everyone (mostly my teachers and certain parts of the family), concerning the way I dressed, but that was a short period. If you go on doing it for the rest of your life, something is definately wrong!

kitten645
06-04-2005, 12:01 PM
I absolutely understand that the kids see and do what the media shows. I saw a big thing on Pam Anderson last night...like she was a role model. Girl has problems...body image wise, and in the head. I understand a bit of it being brought up in a catholic girls school...we would hike up the skirts to the brink of whatever the nuns would allow but for the love of all that is good and clean ...I could wear a thong but it's the most uncomfortable thing in Gods green earth...why would you want to, with a young great body? bimbos abound at any time...I just fear for their safety really..
Claudia

RICHARD
06-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by jennifert9
YUCK!! If I wanted to see your "package", I would have married you!! GROSS!!

LOL!!

What are you doing looking at men's grocery bags???

LOLOLOL,

Now I know why the cute grocery sacker gasl ask me if they
"can help me out with my bags"....:rolleyes: :confused: :o :( :eek: ;)

PJ's Mom
06-04-2005, 05:11 PM
This topic is hilarious. :D LOL

finn's mom
06-04-2005, 06:41 PM
I don't give a crap about other people's clothes. That's what new generations are supposed to do, shock others. :) Bellbottoms made no sense back in their day, either. Or even showing your knees or ankles at one point was considered disgusting and trashy. It all works out in the end, it's just fashion, nothing to get too worked up about. I don't like some of the things my niece wears, but, she's a good girl and it's just part of being a teenager.

Vio&Juni
06-04-2005, 07:10 PM
I understand when you show to boys a bit of something to intrigue, but showing your south pole to the parents of your colleagues, it's "a bit" too much!

A lot of women in Moldova dress a bit trashy, too much cleavage, too short skirts, two transparent blouses, and I can tell you - it doesn't seem intriguing to any of my friends (men) - they only find it disgusting. I do to. Especially, I don't like the half of the bottom out and the very low jeans where you can actually see the pubic hair (type Britney Spears).

cali
06-05-2005, 12:44 AM
my best friend does this, I hate it, so whever her thong is showing I walk over grab the elastic and snap it lol her reaction is to pull up her pants so I cant see her thong ;) she is obbessed with underwear though, she has no problem whatsoever with walking down the street, and undoing her fly to show people what panties she is wearing that day :eek:

Giselle
06-05-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by cali
my best friend does this, I hate it, so whever her thong is showing I walk over grab the elastic and snap it lol her reaction is to pull up her pants so I cant see her thong ;) she is obbessed with underwear though, she has no problem whatsoever with walking down the street, and undoing her fly to show people what panties she is wearing that day :eek:

Really? "Popping" is a guy's way of saying "I like you" over here :p ;)

But I do agree that thongs over your pants are disgusting. Actually, there was an article in a magazine that stated hitching your thong over your pants is going out of style and, quite frankly, tacky. People over here aren't doing it anymore. Instead, they've reverberated back to short, skin tight shirts and low-waist pants that let your love handles get some aeration. ;)

Cat_luver_17189
06-05-2005, 09:03 AM
OMG, I know thats gross!!!
I've seen it on my friends' moms, and I've even seen it on my teacher!!!

tortuga55
06-07-2005, 12:07 PM
At assemblies at school I see about a million thongs. I like to drop stuff down there:p

Suki Wingy
06-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by tortuga55
At assemblies at school I see about a million thongs. I like to drop stuff down there:p
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-07-2005, 02:32 PM
I had a similar but different experience the other day. Above my office are apartments. We rent to a lot of college kids since the apartments are big with lots of bedrooms. Anyway, one girl was in the office the other day paying her rent. She came in with a ton of packages and stuff that she set down to write out her check. She's not "fat" by any means, but she is not skin and bones either...I guess I would call her "chunky" and hope that doesn't offend too bad. Anyway, when she was done writing out her check and she bent down to pick up her packages, get what I got to see? Nooo....not a thong....remember those big nylon full-coverage type panties that maybe your Grandma used to wear? Well, that's what was sticking out of this girls pants! About an inch or so above the waist line of her pants!!! I just thought to myself "Oh my gosh, is this the next trend?" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So, thongs sticking out of jeans is one thing, but granny bloomers sticking out from jeans is just way out there! ;) :rolleyes: :p

aly
06-07-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
I don't give a crap about other people's clothes.

I'm with ya on that Kari. I've never been offended by clothing. If someone is showing more cleavage than I can stomach, I just look the other way. The only time that happened though was when someone started breast feeding her child in front of my face when I was trying to talk to her about the shelter dogs, ewwie! The child was like 2 years old too :eek:

Edwina's Secretary
06-07-2005, 02:48 PM
My brother, who is two years older than I, was suspended in junior high for leading a protest to allow boys to wear polka-dotted shirts....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: And the loss in grade point average prevented him from graduating #1 in his class.

The battle over dress continues....

that said...I have yet to see any women or girl thin enough to wear those mid-section exposing outfits.... makes them all look like they have a roll of fat around the middle...

I see London, I see France....I see everybodies' underpants...

slick
06-08-2005, 12:17 AM
:o :o Gee, my thong is always exposed and I never get comments or looks...

Mind you I wear my thongs on my feet....:D

dukedogsmom
06-08-2005, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by aly
I'm with ya on that Kari. I've never been offended by clothing. If someone is showing more cleavage than I can stomach, I just look the other way. The only time that happened though was when someone started breast feeding her child in front of my face when I was trying to talk to her about the shelter dogs, ewwie! The child was like 2 years old too :eek:
Aly, that is gross and wrong on so many levels. I think I would have hurled if I had seen that.

carole
06-08-2005, 12:50 AM
I am also with you on this one too Kim, however it does seem to be a trend that is leaving NZ, thank goodness, I think what grossed me out was when the shop assistant was bending down to pick some stuff up and there you had it the thong and everything else staring at me in the face, worse thing was she was like older than me lol.

I have never understood how anyone can wear those darn things, geez if my undies get even a bit caught you know where:D it is as uncomfortable as heck, I also get sick of seeing rather large bottoms wobbling all over the place and small ones too, as they have no support like with regular underwear.

I guess I am a bit of the fashion Police, and some of it does offend me, but yes it will come and go like everything else.

My girlfriend who is older than me insists on wearing them, I say to her they are so uncomfortable, she reckons you get used to them, I think she just likes to feel sexy and up to date really and that is why she likes them.

I can only imagine how hot and sweaty they would get there in the summer ewww......:D

finn's mom
06-08-2005, 10:46 AM
I was thrilled to start wearing thongs, they've always been more comfortable to me. Regular underwear goes straight up *you know where* and it drives me crazy. then, instead of just a tiny string, i end up with a whole wad of material. ergh. i do wear full bottom ones, on occassion, though. and, the little boy briefs, boy shorts, hot pants, whatever you want to call them, seem to stay in place better, and, they don't "ride", so, i wear those a lot, too. i don't like for my drawers to show at all, though. but, again, it doesn't bother me at all to see it, unless it's on a really young girl. and, even then, not something i let get to me too badly. things are just different, even from when i was in middle and high school. c'est la vie.

Cataholic
06-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Aly, that is gross and wrong on so many levels. I think I would have hurled if I had seen that.

Wow. Remind me not to BF Jonah anywhere close to you. His throwup on me is one thing...yours? Nah.

Just so you know, the American Acadamy of Pediatrics, as well as the WHO (World Health Organization) puts forth some compelling data in support of BF'ing WAY past one year. WAY past one year. Breasts are for the production of milk.....for your child. It always gets me going when I see women make statments like this. Men, well, I can understand. I imagine they just don't understand maternal things. Women? Just makes me scratch my head.

How odd to lump sexually explicit clothing (thongs showing) with BF'ing.

finn's mom
06-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic

Aly was just talking about seeing too much cleavage, that's the only reason she brought it up.

Cataholic
06-08-2005, 12:39 PM
FM- if you read her post, and DDM post, you will note they both display negative thoughts about BF....this was not about 'just seeing too much cleavage'.

aly
06-08-2005, 12:41 PM

Hi Johanna,

I wasn't trying to lump the two together. I was just saying that cleavage didn't bother me, but if it did, I just look the other way. But then I remembered that lady lifting up her shirt. For a minute I thought she was flashing me in the middle of our conversation because she lifted her shirt before she even picked her child up. I'm not even sure if he was 2... could've been 3. But she was breast feeding him to make him stop fussing. In the middle of an animal shelter, I wasn't really expecting to see someone bare thier whole breasts to me.

I think its natural for women without children to be a bit grossed out by breast feeding. I'm not personally grossed out, as long as it is done discretely. But I think Valerie doesn't have kids so I wouldn't blame her for being a bit weirded out by it. I was more weirded out by her child being so old. Wouldn't it be better to pump the milk to a bottle or cup and not do it in public when the child is older? I saw a show once about women who were breast feeding their 6-10 year olds :o :o :o :o :o That, I was grossed out by.

No offense meant!

finn's mom
06-08-2005, 12:42 PM
FM- if you read her post, and DDM post, you will note they both display negative thoughts about BF....this was not about 'just seeing too much cleavage'.

Sorry, I didn't read it that way. And, I agree with them, I am fine with women breast feeding in public, I just don't want to see the breasts. It's just personal, to feel one way or the other.

aly
06-08-2005, 12:42 PM

I don't have negative thoughts about breast feeding. I was talking about cleavage in my face :o

I am all for breast feeding if I ever have a little one of my own.

Cataholic
06-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Aly, I will accept your interpretation. If you didn't mean any offense, then, none taken. There is a whole host of reasons why that woman wouldn't just pump and take the milk in the cup. Not everyone pumps. It diminishes your milk supply, maybe she didn't have a way to keep it 'cool'. Maybe she wasn't expecting her child to need to feed at that time, maybe she is opposed to not BFing. Obviously, the list goes on and on, and I could still not be addressing it.

Jonah is a big boy. He is 31 inches long, and he is 9 months old. I plan to BF as long as it is mutually beneficial to the both of us. Maybe that will be 2 years, I don't know. It is the negative comments about how old a child is, or that the woman is trying to be sexual, etc., that is irksome.

When you look at it from a healthful viewpoint, BF is 'better'. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, for whatever reason, but, if I choose to do what is 'better' for my child, I would want to be supported. I don't strip my clothes. I don't pull up my shirt. In fact, I have invested a decent amount of money in nursing clothes to make things as discreet as possible.

Maybe that woman was just like me, and she didn't think in a that another woman would find it offensive. Maybe she was just struggling to meet the demands of her child, and not disrupt whatever her business was with you. I wouldn't think to stop and ask, "will you allow me to BF my child" anymore than I would ask persmission to give him a bottle.

Cataholic
06-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Sorry, I didn't read it that way. And, I agree with them, I am fine with women breast feeding in public, I just don't want to see the breasts. It's just personal, to feel one way or the other.

Well, you know, don't you...the breasts are attached to the milk glands that feed the baby. Kinda hard to breastfeed in public without some exposure. While Jonah usually takes to it with no problem, sometimes incidental exposure does happen.

finn's mom
06-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Well, you know, don't you...the breasts are attached to the milk glands that feed the baby. Kinda hard to breastfeed in public without some exposure. While Jonah usually takes to it with no problem, sometimes incidental exposure does happen.

Yes, of course I do know that breasts are needed to breast feed. Just because I don't agree with exposing your breasts in public, doesn't mean I'm an idiot. And, I know enough mothers to know that it isn't that hard to keep your breasts covered. Accidental exposure, fine, and, that's to be expected. That's not what was being discussed, though.

aly
06-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Aly, I will accept your interpretation. If you didn't mean any offense, then, none taken. There is a whole host of reasons why that woman wouldn't just pump and take the milk in the cup. Not everyone pumps. It diminishes your milk supply, maybe she didn't have a way to keep it 'cool'. Maybe she wasn't expecting her child to need to feed at that time, maybe she is opposed to not BFing. Obviously, the list goes on and on, and I could still not be addressing it.

Jonah is a big boy. He is 31 inches long, and he is 9 months old. I plan to BF as long as it is mutually beneficial to the both of us. Maybe that will be 2 years, I don't know. It is the negative comments about how old a child is, or that the woman is trying to be sexual, etc., that is irksome.

When you look at it from a healthful viewpoint, BF is 'better'. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, for whatever reason, but, if I choose to do what is 'better' for my child, I would want to be supported. I don't strip my clothes. I don't pull up my shirt. In fact, I have invested a decent amount of money in nursing clothes to make things as discreet as possible.

Maybe that woman was just like me, and she didn't think in a that another woman would find it offensive. Maybe she was just struggling to meet the demands of her child, and not disrupt whatever her business was with you. I wouldn't think to stop and ask, "will you allow me to BF my child" anymore than I would ask persmission to give him a bottle.

I wasn't trying to imply she was being sexual. And I'm sorry for my comments regarding the age of the child. It just looked weird to me. Maybe I don't explain myself well sometimes. She really did lift her shirt to her neck before bending over to pick her child up, and she was not wearing a bra. I didn't have any idea she was about to breast feed until she started.

I definately did not expect her to ask my permission.

My good friend is a pediatric dietician. She strongly supports breast feeding and has taught me a lot. I have NOTHING against it.

Cataholic
06-08-2005, 01:03 PM
FM-
Double edged swords....get you every time. If you can presume to know what others are thinking/feeling/expressing, and still have 'personal feelings' on the topic, shouldn't I be afforded the same right, too? ;)

As a nursing mom, I can tell you that there are times a whole breast, **gasps**is exposed. It just happens. Sometimes the child is so intent on his surroundings, and checking them out, you have to kind of bring him around again. As I said, it is the woman and their comments that get me everytime.

I went and re-read the comments. Both people expressed a negative thought on BF an older child. Maybe it wasn't Aly's intent, I don't know, but, I read what I read, and commented how I commented. I won't be the first or last to hi-jack a thread, and that isn't my intent. My intent was to ponder how someone finds similarities between an intentional showing of underwear in public with BFing. Be the child 2 days, 2 months or 2 years!

Cataholic
06-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by aly
I wasn't trying to imply she was being sexual. And I'm sorry for my comments regarding the age of the child. It just looked weird to me.

I see that the age weirded you. And, her technique? Well, when you have a squirmer on your hands, you really can't pick the child up first, then set about uncovering your breasts. Not even with a 9 month old. It must be like wrestling a little alligator, that is all I can do to explain it.

I don't go bra-less-, now that would be scary. :o

finn's mom
06-08-2005, 01:07 PM
FM-
Double edged swords....get you every time. If you can presume to know what others are thinking/feeling/expressing, and still have 'personal feelings' on the topic, shouldn't I be afforded the same right, too? ;)

I never said you didn't have the right. And, I sent you a pm, because I'm a little confused and don't want to continue this in this particular thread. :)

janelle
06-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Getting back to thong panties. They make me laugh when I see them exposed. Reminds me of a Kotex belt showing and us girls in the old days would turn red with embarresment if that ever happened.

I had this conversation on another web site. Someone said they were comfortable. I told them hey us old foggies were the first thong wearers and we were not happy campers. I wore Kotex belts most of my life one week a month but it was attached to a wad of cotton between the legs. But then that made it easier to remove the thong from my butt crack. LOL I remember all the times I had to inconspiciously push on the front and the strap would come out in back. Don't know how they do it now. You can't fool me on how comfortable they are. Nothing is new under the sun.:rolleyes: I couldn't wait until I could throw them off when I didn't need them until the NEXT TIME. Yuck.

Also the Kotex belt people are geniuses. The belt went out so they just sewed a little bit of fabric on the front and sold them as thongs.

I can just see the young kids getting older and seeing pics of themselves with everything hanging out. We only have to laugh at our big hair days, they will have to explain to their kids what was hanging out and why. It will be payback time when the kids have dress like mom and dad days at school. LOL

I tell my hubby I never knew what comic relief we were to the older generation until I became the older generation. We are laughing under our breath a lot of times at the young kids. Sometimes it's hard not to laugh out loud or to take pics like those people were doing with that girl. If she could only see herself as others see her. LOL:rolleyes: :D :D :D

finn's mom
06-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by janelle
You can't fool me on how comfortable they are. Nothing is new under the sun.:rolleyes:

Can't speak for anyone else, but, thongs are the most comfortable for me, and, have been ever since I first tried a pair. I can't even tell that I'm wearing some of the ones I have, because they are seriously like a piece of string, doesn't bother me in the slightest. Again, I'd rather have that little piece of string up my butt than half a pair of full bottom undies, and, they always end up riding up my butt. :)

janelle
06-08-2005, 03:39 PM
Then why even wear anything? You would save the money.

Butt floss is not my idea of comfort. :confused:

dukedogsmom
06-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Ok. So, it's alright to expose your breasts in public as long as it's benefiting a baby? So, why do people get all bent out of shape if one is exposed and it's not breastfeeding? That's a big double standard. Also, for the record, I was referring to the child being so old AND in a very public place. There are discret ways to do this and obviously this woman wasn't civilized enough to use them. This is the dog house and there are going to be differences of opinion. I'm really sorry it upset some of you so terribly.

finn's mom
06-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by janelle
Then why even wear anything? You would save the money.

Butt floss is not my idea of comfort. :confused:

Well, that's cool. I go without panties on occassion, but, there are just some items of clothing that i'm not going to go without underwear on. And, again, if i wear full bottomed underwear, I get about this much ____________________ of material up my butt. if i wear a thong, it's about this much __. I'd just prefer not to be picking four inches wide of material out of my a**, that's absolutely ten times more uncomfortable than a thong. I'm not confused as to why some people wear full bottomed underwear, even though they're uncomfortable as hell to me. It's just a matter of different underwear, different body types, and, different butt cracks. There's no need for confusion. Just like some people say beer is an acquired taste and others say they liked it the first time they tried it. Some say you get used to thongs, I thought it was like a miracle sent down from heaven the first time I wore a pair. :) But, I still don't like beer. ;)

aly
06-08-2005, 05:16 PM
It's just a matter of different underwear, different body types, and, different butt cracks.

Hehehehehehe, omg you're cracking me up. Opps, no pun intended!

finn's mom
06-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by aly
Hehehehehehe, omg you're cracking me up. Opps, no pun intended!

i do try. ;)

carole
06-08-2005, 06:13 PM
As a mother who breastfeed her youngest child for 16 mths I feel I would like to comment, even though the thread is not directly about this subject, I feel compelled to say something.

Breastfeeding can always be done discretly, because I am such a shy person, I would never want to expose myself like that in public infront of strangers, and never did, I however just did not go out alot so for me the situation did not arise too often, but for instance in a Doctors waiting an appointment, I would feed my baby if it were hungry absolutely, but I would probably go out into the car and do so.

The age of a child does seem to bother some people and even me a little, I guess there is a cut off level for me, like a five year old, would be a bit much, but again it is the mother and childs choice, and nobody else's business really, we have a obstretician/gyn specialist here who was recently in the paper, promoting Breastfeeding and she is still feeding her daughter who will turn five soon, not for everyone for sure.

It is a pity there is such a stigma regarding breastfeeding, that is why we women have them ya know, and I do think there is a difference between someone exposing themselves publicly and exposing their breast for the purpose of Breastfeeding, I donot see how one can make a comparison between the two really.

Again I think most mothers do take into consideration other peoples feelings and are discreet, there would only be a very small minority who do not.

As for Thongs being comfortable, really???? you amaze me, maybe you just become numb to the feeling of having something stuck up between you know where after a while, each to their own I suppose.:D

finn's mom
06-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by carole

As for Thongs being comfortable, really???? you amaze me, maybe you just become numb to the feeling of having something stuck up between you know where after a while, each to their own I suppose.:D

Yep, they are comfortable to me. I wear thongs that are small in that area, I hardly feel that they're there. I haven't become numb to them, they never bothered me. Again, my point is when i wear full bottomed underwear, I have a lot of material that goes straight up my butt crack. That's not comfortable at all. I'd rather have a cotton string up my crack than the entire backside of a pair of cotton full bottomed underwear.

carole
06-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Hey I get your point and I can picture it all lol, hmm I rarely have had that problem with full underwear, but on the occasion it does happen it is most uncomfortable, well if you can't beat em I say join em, I am off to buy myself a thong, nah just kiddin, I do have one, but it is where it has always been sitting in the bottom of my underwear draw, and there it shall stay.:) :D

wolflady
06-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Ha ha I've always wondered how butt-floss could be comfortable! :confused:
I do have some serious fashion pet peeves, and exposed butt-floss is one of them. I agree with the person who mentioned the media. The media promotes dressing trashy, and that's what people do. It's really sad. I hate seeing people's butt-floss, and I also find it sickening when people wear pants/shorts/skirts...whatever...that ride so low you can see their pelvic/pubic bone. Yuk...that just screams white trash/easy to me. Hip-huggers are one thing, I don't have a problem with those. But whatever that other style is...pubic bone bone pants??...is gross.
I don't find it attractive, and people like that get nothing but negative attention. What's even more sad, is the how young these girls that wear this stuff are these days!
:(

jennifert9
06-08-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm with Kari (Finn's Mom) on the thong thing! But that is only because my be-hind is so gosh darn B I G that it doesn't fit in even full bottom underwear and I end up accentuating my "side-*ss (saddlebags to some) ;) by creating a line, then more fanny!! :D;)

I vote for none!!

As for breast-feeding...well we're all adults, I say do what you gotta do! Especially if your baby is hungry and crying and we're on a plane or a train!! PLEASE, feed them!! Take it all off!! ;) :)
Carole and popcornbird, IMO, you hit the nail on the head!! "Breasts were created by God for breast-feeding!"

Now, will someone PLEASE tell men and the media that! :) ;) :D

PJ's Mom
06-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Breastfeeding is breastfeeding. Some people feel they need to nurse their kids until their 2 or 3 or 4. Mine didn't take a bottle (I never nursed) past the age of 1 year, so I can't really comment on that. It doesn't bother me to see a woman breastfeeding unless the kid is college aged. :D

This whole discussion is still funny. :D

NoahsMommy
06-08-2005, 11:34 PM
ha ha...Karen, I love you!! Butt floss...ha ha

I can't wear thongs....too hurty, but I don't think they are gross. They have so many cute styles...and I'm mad I CANT wear them. Regardless, I don't show my undies....unless asked. ha ha...totally kidding!! :D

I think people can dress how they want...I just worry about their safety. When I see young girls practically nekked, I immediately think of all the oggling, gross rapists out there. :(

People that dress provacitively will eventually learn they are treated differently. People learn at different rates, I think.

janelle
06-09-2005, 02:07 AM
The first time I saw pubic bone pants was on Britney Spears. They look like they are about to fall off. I think that is the idea but how trashy is that?

I like the joke sites that show pubic bone pants with a huge bunch of pubic hair sticking out the top. LOL Just a cartoon but probably real for some. :D

And girls go everywhere with the low slung pants, even church. GAAAAA. The mini skirt was popular when I was young but I was never comfortable in them so I wore pants. I was never a slave to fashion but some are.