PDA

View Full Version : Swissie puppies at a shelter in California...

Christiansmommy
06-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Some of these look like full blood swissies...ahhh, if they were closer, maybe Harlee would have a sibling ;)

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4435126&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=42a0ba0a62223135-app1&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

RobiLee
06-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Ohhhh such cuties! I want one too :p

chocolatepuppy
06-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Swissie and Bermese, oh heavens I wish I could have one! :D

lute
06-03-2005, 07:00 PM
oh my goodness! that are cute! there are going to be some lucky families!:D

flamepony12
06-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Awww, I saw a Swissie pup at the car wash today and it was adorable. :D I love Swissies! :D

deegayle
06-03-2005, 07:02 PM
they are sure cute. And they will be a good size. I keep saying i want another outside dog. We have one who is rotten to say the least. She comes in for a few minutes everyday and is always anxious to go back out...and please let Sparky come with me.

Kfamr
06-03-2005, 07:30 PM
They are VERY cute!

Originally posted by deegayle
I keep saying i want another outside dog.

:confused: :confused:

flamepony12
06-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
:confused: :confused:

I think she means another dog to "keep outside"... :(

Logan
06-03-2005, 07:36 PM
They are so adorable. I hope they all find loving homes.

lbaker
06-03-2005, 07:48 PM
KEEP OUTSIDE :eek: I'm afraid I must have read something wrong here. I will be in CA in a few weeks. I need another dog but, am I missing something here?? :confused:

deegayle
06-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Yes, i meant another dog to keep outside. lol. thanks!!!!

lbaker
06-03-2005, 08:29 PM
TROLL TROLL, INSTIGATOR... don't get sucked in this time my friends [inside dog for a few minutes a day, yeah right] Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm mad. But this will not get me to saying things bad.
phooey.... out of here. :mad: Christians Mommy, this has NOTHING to do with what wonderful thing you are trying to do. I know you, I've met you. I'm just truly annoyed at someone that would try to denigrate your honest hopes for these darling pups. Sorry everyone, I just can't help myself sometimes. :(

flamepony12
06-03-2005, 08:34 PM
I am really confused by the last three posts....

sammy101
06-03-2005, 08:37 PM
their adorable!I also want one too:p
i'm with you Devon,im really confused too:confused:

deegayle
06-03-2005, 08:43 PM
can someone tell me what that post was about??? Or would the person who wrote it please explain himself/Herself????

Kfamr
06-03-2005, 09:09 PM
I think in some circumstances, it's okay to keep a dog outside.. but to get a dog JUST to keep it outside - or "wanting another outside dog" is in my opinion very odd, to put it the nicest I can.

Robyn, sorry for mentioning anything but that post just hit me the wrong way.

lbaker
06-03-2005, 09:14 PM
thanks Kay, I thought I was "over-reacting". But no, I knew you would understand. I think so? Yeah, no problems mate.

deegayle
06-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Since this was directed at me, then I will respond to it. Yes, I have a dog that is an outside girl. She is very well provided for to say the least. She has a 10x10 kennel that is never closed. The whole back yard is fenced in for her protection and so that she can run. She has an automatic feeder and several buckets of water which are changed daily. We turn her out into the other side of the yard everyday for fun and games. She stays out with our inside dog and they run all day with me coming and going to spend time with them.
Sheba has a dog box that is warm in the winter and she has many shade trees for the summer. She did have a kiddy pool for romps in the water till we discovered that Sheba hates water. She is bathed and given heart guard. She is on flea meds and gets walked everyday that I can. She is a happy dog.
I am sure some of you disagree with keeping a dog outside. I would to if she was not taken care of or kept on a chain for days at a time and never given the love and attention that a dog needs/wants.
I am asking you all not to be quick to judge me. I am a responsible dog owner and I take that responsibility gladly. she is a part of my family or We would not have her.

Dee

lute
06-04-2005, 03:32 PM
atleast your outside dog is cared for.:)

yes, it's always better to keep a dog indoors, but under certain cercamstances it would be ok. when i was little we had an outside dog. we tried bringing him in, but he preferd being outdoors.

lbaker
06-04-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm sorry, perhaps I was overreacting. I'm lucky enough that most of the year I can just leave the back door open and my dogs can go in or out as they please. They sleep with me. They greet me at the front door (even when the back door is open) when I come home from work. Something about the attitude just hit me wrong. No disrespect meant. but if these were my pups I would not give one to you... sorry.

flamepony12
06-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
I'm sorry, perhaps I was overreacting. I'm lucky enough that most of the year I can just leave the back door open and my dogs can go in or out as they please. They sleep with me. They greet me at the front door (even when the back door is open) when I come home from work. Something about the attitude just hit me wrong. No disrespect meant. but if these were my pups I would not give one to you... sorry.

who are you talking to? :confused: So far, I have not been able to understand who any of your posts have been aimed to.

deegayle
06-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Okay, all is done and i understand. I just didn't want anyone to think that I was a person who just had a dog. They are my friends. And everyone is entitled to thier opinion of where their dog lives, inside or out. Sheba loves being outside and Sparky enjoys staying out with her during the day. Thank you for responding and for reaching out with kindness.
Take care and God Bless

deegayle
06-04-2005, 05:27 PM
And I never meant to offend anyone here. I hope you will accept this apology if i did. it was not meant in any way

lbaker
06-04-2005, 05:29 PM
:) Well thank YOU, and welcome to PetTalk :) Please don't think I'm always this way. It's been difficult this week with some of my PT friends. I jumped at the wrong time.

deegayle
06-04-2005, 05:50 PM
No I don't think that. I am glad that we could both reach past this. And thank you for the welcome. I really appreciate that. I wish i had pics here that I could send you of my crew at home but I am at work right now. :) Yeah, I work shift work so I am at home odd times. My hubby works all days. last time I called home, My hubby was cuddled up with the cat and with my Sparky of course. They were all sleeping...lol

Kfamr
06-04-2005, 06:47 PM
I have no problem for a well cared outside dog, and I have no doubt that your's are cared for. But, to get a dog JUST to keep outside (as you stated you're "wanting another outside dog", is not something I agree with. If you get the dog and realize it doesn't WANT to be inside, fine.

I was never offended by your post, it just seemed a bit odd to me for someone to WANT an outside dog. Every dog lover i've ever met has wanted their dog to be inside, but could under certain circumstances.

deegayle
06-04-2005, 06:50 PM
I still stand by my statement. All of my animals are loved and cared for reguardless of whether they are inside animals or outside animals. It is a matter of opinion and I don't fault you for yours.

Kfamr
06-04-2005, 06:52 PM
I never said they weren't. :confused:

I even stated that I said i'm sure your's are - and I was just explaining what I meant by my post.

deegayle
06-04-2005, 06:54 PM
okay. I think I get you. My apologies