PDA

View Full Version : Tiki & I are asking for crossed paws please & a ?

lv4dogs
06-03-2005, 10:08 AM
He's going to the vet tomorrow at 12:40. He's getting an exam, fecal, leuk test (he's still too young for a FIV test), vaccines, ear mite meds (probably revolution) and to get more of an approx. age for him.
Please keep your paws crossed for a neg. fecal & leuk and that thats all we'll need done (for this visit anyways).

We're also wondering if you could please send some good thoughts that we'll catch the dad this weekend.

I have a ? about FIV (which I hope to remember to ask my vet tomorrow too). I'd like to start introducing him to the rest of my gang, especially the dogs & ferrets so he learns to be their friend asap. But he can't be tested for FIV until a couple months or so from now.
Do you think if I let Meko outside (my orangie) a couple hours a day so Tiki can learn the other critters & the house Meko will be ok if god forbid he ends up being FIV+? Then I'll just put him back in my room when Meko is inside? I know FIV is spread by blood, saliva etc.. so all should be good, right?

I don't think it would matter a whole lot because we've had a lot of FIV+ stray cats around my house this year. Meko has been in contact with a couple of them, but brief contact & thank god no bites/scratches. There is only one stary left here as of now anyways, that I have yet to catch. She will be retested in a few months too.

catnapper
06-03-2005, 10:24 AM
As I believe Fiv is passed through sex and deep puncture bites. If you think that he won'tt become agressive towards the others (or the others towards him), then there shouldn;t be a major issue with letting him meet the gang.

Good luck at the vets!

catcrazylady
06-03-2005, 10:28 AM
We have paws crossed here too! I'm sure everything will go fine at the vets tomorrow.
I agree with Catnapper as far as FIV is concerned. As long as there is no serious fighting I wouldn't be too concerned.
Good luck and keep us posted.

jazzcat
06-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Fingers and paws crossed here.

catmandu
06-03-2005, 05:23 PM
AND YOU KNOW,TAHT ALL THE FOUND CATS,SATRRY CATS,AND ANGELS ,ARE PRAYING.FOR TIKI,TO HAVE A GREAT VET VISIT,AND GET A GET VET CHECK UP,THAT KIND,THAT MAKES A CAT GUARDIAN,AS HAPPY,AS THEY CAN BE!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos519.jpg

jenluckenbach
06-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Ditto on the FIV. DEEP penetrating bite wounds (and sex) would be the way it would be transmitted. Sharing water, food, litter, or even bathing one another is not dangerous to another cat.

Best of luck. but don't be surprised if the fecal is NOT negative. almost ALL cats have some sort of parasites. But they are easily taken care of with meds.

rg_girlca
06-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Crossed paws, fingers & toes, that all goes well at the vets for this little one.

Positive vibes that you are able to trap the daddy.:)

kittycats_delight
06-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Lots of luck with at the vets. We are all pulling for good results. I really hope you catch that daddy soon.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-03-2005, 07:32 PM
All paws and fingers crossed here too! Good luck!