PDA

View Full Version : Edwina Makes New Friends

Edwina's Secretary
06-02-2005, 09:29 PM
Today Edwina went for her annual physical. It was, of course, her first visit. And she earned FOUR stickers on her file!

The stickers are bright orange and say.....CAUTION

When we arrived she set the tone by intimidating the dogs who were there. Don't you hate to see a big dog cry??? Not Edwina.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Then she did her usual fine performance for the staff.

When we returned home she walked up to Eddie....hissed and smacked his nose. She felt much better after that.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

catmandu
06-02-2005, 09:42 PM
HH LADY EDWINA ROSE.I KNOW WAHT YOU WENT THROUGH,AS I HATE,TO GO TO A VETS,TOO.AND THE THOUGHT,OF THOSE UNCOUTH PEOPLE,LOOKING,MY LADY,OVERLIKE THAT,DISPLEASES ,YOUR LOVE JJJ3,TO NO END.BUT PLEASE DONT HIT EDDIE,AND HE,IS A GOOD CAT,AND YOUR COMAPNION FRIEND.JJJ3 LOVES YOU.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/4Edwina.jpg

moosmom
06-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Oh Lady Edwina, I'm so sorry you had to go through such an ordeal! And to think they labled you CAUTION, not once but FOUR times!! :eek: Oh the HUMILITY!

By the time you got home I am SURE you'd about had enough. I guess that'll be the last time Eddie snickers at you, huh? Just wait till HE has to go to the white coats!!

Glad you had a clean bill of health, sweetie!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Way to go, Edwina! No way you could let those snooty California vets think they can the best of you! ;) :D

Poor Eddie. ;) :D :D

Uniqueviking
06-02-2005, 10:06 PM
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/lachen/laughing-smiley-004.gif

Edwina entertaining as always, but yes, poor, poor Eddie.

Cinder & Smoke
06-02-2005, 10:45 PM
:cool:

WOW!

****FOUR**** Stickerz!!

Boots, da Kat, here ~

Color me *IM*pressed!!

Wurd hazzit I was a bit of a >terror< in my younger daze -
but Doc Mike duzint have a *Reward* program. :(

Dad sez I prolly woulda rated at least TWO fur my In-Timmie-Dashun
efforts - I wauz a bit of a "Snarler"!

Kinda wunderin - iz FOUR a "record" at da White Coats?

/s/ Duley Impressed, Boots ;)

Craftlady
06-02-2005, 10:59 PM
Oh my 4 stickers. I thought they were happy face stickers, guess not :(
My gang of three are happy you got a clean bill of health. I've got to make my gangs annual appt here soon. They will love me NOT LOL

Barbara
06-03-2005, 02:26 AM
Most kitties are so impressed by the vet they are more behaved than usual- like Tigris and Filou.

But not so Miss Independence!

Way to go Edwina! Show them! The light red colour in your mewomie's face means nothing.

And congrats to your clean health bill;)

jenluckenbach
06-03-2005, 05:10 AM
LOL.....Edwina! 4 stickers?!? How embarrassing! :o And poor Eddie, he is probably thinking "What did I do??".

Oh well, as long as you are healthy. :)

sasvermont
06-03-2005, 05:50 AM
My gosh. Edwina, you dear kitty. Maybe a little sedative before hand would have made your trip go a little easier..... Did they wear the long leather gloves too?

I am so glad my cats are well behaved. I have had cats in the past, that were monsters at the vets, but have lucked out these days.

Poor Eddie. You should apologize Edwina, really. He is your partner in crime.

Well, I am happy you are healthy and that your spunk has not left you, as you ARE getting older each year my dear. I know, I know, time flies.

SAS;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-03-2005, 07:11 AM
Oh my, Miss Edwina, you lucky girl!! FOUR stisckers??! Our vet never gives us that. Yes, she writes down something in our little book, but mom says it is just the date of the day! It is not fair, hey, as I am the sweetest kitty in the whole world! And last time my sis was really good too: she started purring ON that darn table :eek: . Gimme the address of you vet, I want stickers too !!

yours truly

lady Maya

catlover4ever
06-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Miss Edwina I did not know you were a sticker collector. FOUR stickers for your first visit....I'm impressed.

I do hope Eddie's nose is not in too bad of shape.

catcrazylady
06-03-2005, 07:24 AM
ROFLOL!!!:D :D :D Oh Ms. Edwina you never let us down do you? FOUR stickers?!! My goodness! I wonder if that is a record at the vet's office?:p :D
Poor poor Eddie!:( It must be so hard living with such snooty Royalty. Eddie you went from a street kitty to the castle so I guess this is the small price you must pay to help soothe the Queen.;) :D :D

catnapper
06-03-2005, 07:33 AM
well now, 4 stickers is actually pretty good. Now you have everyone at the office talking about you, and any gossip is good gossip so long as the name Edwina is on their lips!

Pam
06-03-2005, 07:33 AM
Oh Edwina you would have been quite a match for your former lover from afar, Gabe the Joizy boy. I think you would have been in a competition to see who could rack up the most caution stickers. :)

ramanth
06-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Do they use a blow dart from across the room?! :eek: ;)

Oh Edwina, you are still a princess to me.

Eddie...RUN!

Killearn Kitties
06-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Ha! They won't forget you in a hurry, will they Miss Edwina? Quite right too - the customer is always right!

You could be sweeter to Eddie though! It really wasn't his fault.

catmandu
06-03-2005, 08:44 AM
I WONDER HOWMANY STARS ROCCA,HAS,AT THE ONE VETS,SHE GOT OUT,HID IN THE RAFTERS,AND IT TOOK THEM A WEEK,TO CATCH HER.AT AT THEVETS,AT HER DENTAL,SHE GOT OUT,HID IN A CABINET,AND THEY HAD,TO TAKE,THE HINGES,ON THE DOOR,TO GET HER OUT.AND WHEN I CALED,TO GET HER AN APPOINTMENT,THE GIRL SAID OH,ROCCA,IN A HUSHED VOICE.THATSWHY,I HAVE A VISITING VET,FOR HER,AND AS GOOD,AS HE IS,HE HAD A BIT,OF A STRUGGLE,WITH ROCCA,AND NEEDED HIS LEATHER GLOVES.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture185.jpg
ROCCA,AND FRIENDS.THE SAD THING,IS THAT,IF ROCCA,NEEDS HELP,SHE MIGHT NOT SIT STILL,FOR IT.

Randi
06-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Edwina, that was not very ladylike, but of course, going to a new vet, you must make sure they remember you. :D

If you smack Eddie's nose once more, I'll give you another 4 stickers!! Poor boy!

momcat
06-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Four stickers? My,my,my. I know that going to the white coats is a very scary event for kitties. But try to remember that your Meowmie wants to keep you healthy and everyone here at Pet Talk does too!!! But most important... even though the white coat does things you don't like, he IS your friend! Doctor doesn't want to hurt you, he wants to help you stay healthy and strong and help you feel better when you don't feel good. Doctor also helps Meowmie take good care of you by answering her questions and giving her advice about what you need to stay well. That wasn't very nice to whack poor little Eddie like that! I hope you told him that you're sorry. I'm glad the white coat found nothing wrong and said you're just fine.Give Meowmie lots of kitty kisses and please tell Eddie you're sorry, okay?

gini
06-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Four orange stickers are a secret California vet code that stands for

CHARGE AN EXTRA $50.00

:D :D

Cinder & Smoke
06-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by ramanth

Do they use a blow dart from across the room?! :eek: ;)

:D

Reminds me of a "problem dog" we had at the Rabies Clinic
a couple years ago...

Doc Lisa agreed to "shoot" him out in the parking lot, inside his
Dad's pickup truck, since he "wasn't too friendly around strangers". :rolleyes:

"Not too friendly" = he tried to chew his way through the window
as soon as he saw Doc! :eek: And he was *HUGE*!!

"No Sweat" sez Doc. "Just hold his head" ...
His "Dad" didn't "hold" too well ... Doc avoided the teeth by inches!

"Plan B" sez Doc!
She opened the driver's door enough that he charged and got his head out;
as she CLOSED the door on his neck so he couldn't go either IN or out!

"Phred! YOU hold this door! And watch the teeth!" ...

She trotted around to the passenger door;
opened it and *jabbed* him in the BUTT!
Doc was <grinnin> the rest of the afternoon! :D

Blow Dart - that idea has possibilities! ;)

FOUR Stickers! ... :cool:

Edwina's Secretary
06-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Edwina did get a clean bill of health although the vet point out she is.....a) middle-aged and b)ahem.....fat.

The fear of the same diagnose is what keeps me from visiting the doctor!

Cataholic
06-03-2005, 11:46 AM
I am sure it was all a misunderstanding. Maybe Edwina didn't talk Valley enough for them? Maybe?

wolflady
06-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by gini
Four orange stickers are a secret California vet code that stands for

CHARGE AN EXTRA $50.00

:D :D

Ha ha ha...this is just about right!

Scooter is the same way. Per the nasty vet I had in Cincinnasty, Ohio....I'm the lady with "the mean cat"! LOL It's pretty embarassing when nobody can touch your cat, so they have to get a "fish net" on a pole and "net the cat" so they can inject a tranquilizer just to do a normal exam! :eek:

We've been really bad cat parents to Scooter because we haven't actually taken him to the vet in years, because it just seems to be way too traumatic of an ordeal for us and him and the vet involved! :o

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Well how rude! Edwina, dah-ling, you had every right to be upset! Hrrmph!

Vio&Juni
06-04-2005, 06:49 PM
In California it is very important to be noticed and remembered!

Poor Eddie :(

It is very strange that both mycats are so good at the vet, you wouldn't expect that from Juni, who can hiss at people she doesn't like, or from Pichu, who would rip you off if you tried to give him a bath.

rkidsrcats
06-04-2005, 06:55 PM
It's sort of like how they rate the spicyness of our Thai food from the joint down the road... 4 stars is very hot.
So 4 orange stickers....means very ticked off!

So is Eddie on "Orange Alert" now?:eek:

Logan
06-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Edwina did get a clean bill of health although the vet point out she is.....a) middle-aged and b)ahem.....fat.

Me too, Sara! LOL!!!! :o

Edwina, I'm sorry your trip was so scary. Our Butter turns into jello when he gets to the vet, it's trying to get him to the vet that causes me problems! LOL!!!!

Logan

AmberLee
06-08-2005, 12:38 AM

Well, they provoke a lady to extremes like that, and then they have the gall to stick CAUTION stickers on her file. The nerve of them!

catfamily
06-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Oh poor Edwina getting marked on her chart.My BooBoo got marked on his chart years ago and I got affended.LOL
Because BooBoo is the sweetest cat.But I know he's stubborn and wiggles and made growl noises at the vet.He's too old now to do that though."17"They figured out later that he was all noise and no punch.
I think Edwina will get use to going to the vet and will be easier for them later on.I hope.:D ;) :D Then they'll remove the Caution sticker:D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-08-2005, 12:04 PM

The fear of the same diagnose is what keeps me from visiting the doctor! LOL!!!
What's FAT in California and FAT in the rest of the country are not necessarily the same thing!:D

Edwina's Secretary
06-08-2005, 12:13 PM
MOFF....nothing in California is the same as in the rest of the country.....:D :D :rolleyes: :D Trust me.....:cool:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-08-2005, 12:23 PM
MOFF....nothing in California is the same as in the rest of the country.....:D :D :rolleyes: :D Trust me.....:cool:
:D :D :D Oh, MY! What a chuckle I got from that!!!
Thanks!:D :D :D

Logan
06-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Me too, Sara! LOL!!!! :o

Edwina, I'm sorry your trip was so scary. Our Butter turns into jello when he gets to the vet, it's trying to get him to the vet that causes me problems! LOL!!!!

Logan

Did I really say that???? It's a lie, Edwina, and I suppose that if the cat vet we saw on Monday uses stickers on her file, then Butter's is covered with them. :eek:

Edwina's Secretary
06-08-2005, 01:23 PM
Logan....I thought maybe you all just make jello different down south....:D ;) :D