PDA

View Full Version : Kiara's vet visit..*3 pics*

Kfamr
06-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Today we had an appoinment for Kiki to go to the vets.

We brought a tennis ball along just so she could have something to play with. That girl held it basically the whole time until we went into the actual room.
On the way...
http://www.petevents.com/~simba/kivets1.jpg
In the waiting room...
http://www.petevents.com/~simba/kivets2.jpg
On the way home.. sleepy girl.
http://www.petevents.com/~simba/kivets3.jpg

She was a VERY good girl. She barked at the vet at first, but then she got used to him real quick. One of the vet assistants that helped us absolutely LOVED her. She gave her tons of treats and kept talking to her.

Dr. Matthews gave Kiara drops for her ear. Her ear is inflamed from swimming. He said to try and keep the swimming to a minimum but we already do that.. and she's still almost in the pool all day.
It really doesn't seem to bother her at all. When I clean it out she just lays there and doesn't move until I say okay. She doesn't itch at it or anything.

Now... the surprising thing of the day.. She lost about 10 lbs!! She weighs 40 when in November she weighed 50. I would have though she'd gain some weight from those muscles she's got.

Anyways, I thought i'd share our vet visit and please keep my lil girl in your thoughts that her ear can get better. :) Thanks for listening.

CagneyDog
06-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Now... the surprising thing of the day.. She lost about 10 lbs!! She weighs 40 when in November she weighed 50.

It must be all that swimming :p;)

I'm glad she did alright at the vets. Hopefully her ear gets better soon

gemini9961
06-02-2005, 09:14 PM
As long as she's healthy, that's all that matters.

luvofallhorses
06-02-2005, 09:14 PM
What a well-behaved girl! :) I hope she feels better soon! Hugs and kisses to the pretty Kiara :)

Oggyflute
06-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Just love the first picture.:) Hope Kiara's ear gets better real soon.

K9karen
06-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Kay..sorry if I missed this..but did you get Nala to the vet about her foot? So...Ki's got "Swimmers Ear?" Can't imagine WHY? :rolleyes: She's a little "Dogfish"! Can't say I blame her one bit! What a precious! A girl's gotta keep her trim figure too! Ki looks devine!

MariaM
06-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Wow, 40 pounds! Its definitely the swimming. :) She's so cute. Hope her ear gets better soon!

Ginger's Mom
06-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Maybe Kiara needs to start wearing a swimming cap ;). Hope her ear gets better soon. It's great that she lets you put the drops in without a problem. Good girl Kiara.

finn's mom
06-03-2005, 10:15 AM
How often did the vet say was "minimum" for swimming to avoid the ear problem? She's so cute!

k9krazee
06-03-2005, 11:47 AM
What a well behaved Kiara girl!!! Hope her ear gets better soon. I was also wondering about Nala...is she doing any better?

jazzcat
06-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Hope her ear is better soon.

Wow, 10 pounds from swimming. I need to hit he pool! ;)

Kfamr
06-03-2005, 12:17 PM
The vet said that IF possible keep her swimming to a minimum, but he knows that's probably not possible and we'll just have to deal with it. He said it'd probably heal a lot quicker if she stayed away from the pool, but it will eventually if she does go in the pool. That girl would just go crazy without it, literally.

Nala's paw is completely fine now. Dogs like to worry us, don't they? :rolleyes:

Anita Cholaine
06-03-2005, 01:14 PM
She looks so cute with her new ball! I hope her ears will be better soon

ramanth
06-03-2005, 01:40 PM
Good girl Kiara!! You are so beautiful. I hope the ears heal up.

Zam has eye-drops she has to take...but she doesn't just lay there. ;)

vinjashira
06-03-2005, 01:56 PM
don't lose any more weight pretty girl! and feel better soon! :)

lbaker
06-03-2005, 02:31 PM
I just can't stop laughing at the mental picture of Kiara wearing a bathing cap :D But I guess if anyone could get her to do it you could Kay :D :D What a sweetheart, no wonder they love her at the vets :cool:

Buddy Blaze Lover
06-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Good girl Ki! Keep up that swimming, I bet you're in GREAT shape!!:D:);)

Jods
06-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Good girl Ki! Hope your ear gets better soon. :(

RobiLee
06-03-2005, 05:10 PM
She lost 10 pounds :eek: !! Well, Kiki girl, I guess I'm going to have to join you in that swimming pool;).

Glad Kiara had a good vet visit and I hope her ear heals up real quick. Its good to hear that Nala's paw is ok too.

Hugs...Robin :)