PDA

View Full Version : dog left in car...

caseysmom
06-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Yesterday I came out of a local target and there was the sweetest golden retreiver in the car next to mine. This was at 5:45 pm, the hottest part of the day here.

It was about 85 yesterday I think, the window was cracked about 3 inches.

I had to go get my daughter from diving practice but I came back by and the car was gone.

This just seems so dumb to me, somebody could steal the dog and I am sure the car got hot so why do people do this?

sammy101
06-02-2005, 10:34 AM
i hate that too!
But here we have a law,in the summer it is ILLEGAL to leave your child(under 13)and animals in the car,it gets soo hot here.You have your animals taken away if you get caught leaving your animals.You can also report them,like in your case you could've called the police and they would take their dog away.One i remember from last year,a lady got her German Shepherd puppy taken away,b/c she left it,while she was inside eating lunch
:mad:
I wouldnt even dare leave my kids in the car:(

beeniesmom
06-02-2005, 10:55 AM
:mad: Crazy people!
That makes me sooooo mad.
If I could, I'd do to them what they do to animals (leave them in a hot car for God knows how long).
I travel with Beenie all the time and have never left her in the car. If I go to the bank, I ask if I can bring her in with me and the same with small stores. If I have an errand to run where I can't bring her, I leave her home or in the office. People are just crazy.
So many chiodren and animals die every year because they are left in hot cars. It takes only a few minutes for a car/truck/whatever to reach unbearable temperatures on a hot day, even with the windows down.
:mad: