PDA

View Full Version : AdoreMyDogs on the road to Texas

Rachel
06-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Leslie just called minutes ago to report in for Pet Talkers. She is getting ready to leave her motel which is somewhere south of St. Louis. Minion, Mindy, Graham, Kersey and she spent 14 hours on the road yesterday. She is traveling in her van and towing a U-Haul. The kitties were sedated a bit but still managed to seranade her as they traveled....Meeeoow, meeoow, meeoow. When everyone got to relax in the motel room, they were quite thankful to be out of their cages.

Leslie reported her motel room had two double beds in it and she got into one and put Kersey and Graham on the other, but....you know the rest of this story...it wasn't long before all four fur kids were cuddled up next to her in the one bed.

Leslie said that she was motioned over to another room by another guest in the motel and told to look in. The guest was traveling with 11 (count em) cages of cats. So I guess it can be done. The thought occurred to me, maybe it is another of our Pet Talkers *on the road*:p

Leslie is hoping to be in Texas by this evening. She said she would try to call me when she gets there, and hopes to be settled enough to be hooked up and on line in about a week.

Here's wishing our buddy a safe trip and a wonderful new life in Texas.

aly
06-02-2005, 10:28 AM
LESLIE is moving to Texas?????????? WHEN DID I MISS THIS???? Oh my! I'm gonna have to run to the border and put out a welcome mat for her!!! :D :D How exciting! Where in Texas is she going? I've always been dying to meet her and her sweet animals! Maybe now I can sooner than I thought :D

ramanth
06-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Glad her travels have been uneventful so far. :D

lizbud
06-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the update on Leslie & the furgang's travels. I hope
the trip continues to be safe & uneventful. Had to look up the
name of the city again here,

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80188

Rachel, can you let us know when everyone arrives safely?

shais_mom
06-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the great update Rachel!!!
Glad to hear things are going smoothly!

finn's mom
06-02-2005, 02:09 PM
How crazy, I just moved OUT of Texas! I hope she gets there safely! And, has the best of times in the good ol' lone star state!

Logan
06-02-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm so glad she called you, Rachel. When you hear from her, let her know that we are all thinking of her. Sounds like she has done great so far!

Logan

Karen
06-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear everyone has survived the trip so far!!!!

Dixieland Dancer
06-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the update, Rachel! Safe travel wishes are extended for Leslie and the gang.

anna_66
06-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Glad to hear all is going well so far, please let us know when you hear from her next:)

Oggyflute
06-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Keep having a safe trip Leslie.:)

K9karen
06-02-2005, 11:33 PM
:eek: Silly, forgettful me..Rach..wasn't Graham your most splendid houseguest about a year ago?
I'm so glad she called you! I love Leslie and her crew! Glad things are working out so far and she's had a safe, uneventful trip! Can't wait for her to settle in and send recent pics of the kids! Next time you talk to her, tell her I said "Howdy"!

Freckles
06-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Karen, are you referring to Graham's visit May, 2001?:)
Hannah & Tucker host a sleepover (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1985&perpage=40&highlight=graham&pagenumber=1)

Pictures aren't visable, tho.:(

Rachel
06-03-2005, 03:19 PM
Wow, Freckles, I can't believe myself it was that long ago. Photopoint, my favorite picture hosting sight, went bust so that's why the pictures aren't there anymore.

I just tried to call Leslie on her cell. I imagine she is doing a lot of sleeping after a tiring trip, not to mention trying to unpack and get settled. I let you know if I hear anything from her.

RobiLee
06-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Hope all is well and Leslie has arrived safely.

Cincy'sMom
06-03-2005, 09:25 PM
Glad to hear Leslie's trip started out well. Hope they got "home" to Texas okay!!

wasn't Graham your most splendid houseguest about a year ago?

We also had the pleasure of spending a week with Graham and Kersey!! That was in in April of 2003...just a few weeks after we adopted Spot! Here's (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290328073) a few pics from that week.

K9karen
06-03-2005, 11:29 PM
Karen, are you referring to Graham's visit May, 2001?
Hannah & Tucker host a sleepover

Yep! Was it that long ago? Seems like yesterday! Boy, you're GOOD!

aly
06-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Hope you're doing well and getting settled in, Leslie. Can't wait until you're back online again!

Rachel
06-04-2005, 04:16 PM
I got a message today on our answering machine while we were out. She and all the fur kids are safe and sound and oh, so happy to be in their new home. Leslie and the dogs were a little taken aback by the HEAT (but then it is hot here up North today too). Of course she has been very busy unpacking and settling in to her new home. She says the kitties are happily exploring because this house is much bigger than the one they came from. She thinks she will be able to check in with us in about a week.

So anyway, all the worry warts among us can rest easy. Our brave and fearless Leslie has had a successful journey.

{exhales}

lizbud
06-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Great news.:D I'm so excited and happy for her.:D

Logan
06-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the update, Rachel! :)

Leslie, I'm so glad you and your "children" are there, safe and sound.

Logan

ramanth
06-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Great news! :)