PDA

View Full Version : Ugggh

Cookiebaker
06-01-2005, 07:50 PM
I shudder everytime I see a dog in the back of a pickup truck. I saw a really bad experience once, and i hate, hate hate to see dogs in the back of pickups.

Well, guess what??? This past weekend, I was driving somewhere, and guess what I pulled up behind??? A motorcycle. With the most BEAUTIFUL golden retriever, sitting on the back of the seat.

I was so angry, and upset, and watching that dog try to stay on the seat as they rounded the corner was horrifying. They were going about 40 miles per hour too.

I can't stand the thought of what might have, what could happen.

ugggh. Such stupid owners in the world. I would dog-nap that pup in a heartbeat.

:mad:

elizabethann
06-01-2005, 08:15 PM
That's awful. At least get a side car for pete's sake! Poor dog. If I saw that, I think I would have taken the liscense plate down. That's a bad accident just waiting to happen. :mad:

CagneyDog
06-01-2005, 11:33 PM
UGH. That poor dog.

A few months ago we were driving behind a pick up truck that had a gorgeous lab in the back. We were coming into the entrance of the grocery store and they have several speed bumps. The driver didn’t bother to slow down for the speed bumps and the dog flew out the back !@#!@#!@#!#

The driver stopped and put the dog in the back of the truck again. I was devastated. I sure hope nothing has happened to that poor dog.

LKPike
06-02-2005, 07:52 AM
I can't watch things like that anymore, I look away when the hillbillys pull up with their poor animal in the back.

Jillian gets strapped in with her doggie seat belt. I think its called an "eazy rider" something like that, but its really cute :) and she enjoys wearing it.

dukedogsmom
06-02-2005, 08:03 AM
I detest seeing that as well! I saw one one time, no chain or nothing, walking on top of the tool box as they're flying down the highway. I really come close to hating people like that. I was at the auto parts store a week or so ago and this sweet dog looked hot. Owner was inside. I got Duke's water bowl and filled it with water but she was too shy to drink from it. At least the owner had a big bucket of water held down in the corner. I saw that after I had brought the water over. He was a super old guy. It was way too hot for that dog to be out like that. I didn't say anything to him, though. She was on a very short leash and she did have water she could get to. Here's her pic. She was so cute.

JenBKR
06-03-2005, 03:22 PM
I once saw two dogs on a chain in the back of a pickup...it was at the local Petsmart; they had just been adopted. The driver hit a bump and one of the dogs flew out. The dog was still attached to the chain and was hanging out of the back on the tailgate. The idiot driver got out, put the dog back, and drove away. I was almost physically ill. I was pretty young when this happened, but I will never forget that poor dog hanging from the chain...

*LabLoverKEB*
06-04-2005, 01:58 PM
This topic really makes me MAD!
(not your fault, Anna!;) )

The ONLY way you should have your dog in the back of a pick-up truck, is an encloesed kennel, with air holes all the way around, and bungee-corded, or tied with rope or something else that is very very strong that is secured to the truck.

That is my lesson for the day.