PDA

View Full Version : The Ford boycott

Don Juan's mom
06-01-2005, 05:44 PM
One of those so-called "Christian" organizations wants to boycott Ford Motor Co. for its alleged advocacy of the (horrors!) gay agenda.

It finally happened. I am PROUD to drive a mouse grey 1995 Contour! :D

Liz

elizabethann
06-01-2005, 08:17 PM
If you can find a link on that story, please share. I drive a Ford Focus. Can't they find something else to boycott? Jeez.

Nomilynn
06-01-2005, 11:55 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/01/Autos/ford_gays/

Uabassoon
06-02-2005, 12:03 AM
I like how they pick and choose which companies to boycot. Why not boycot a few of these that also support a "pro-homosexual agenda" This is just a small list of companies that provide same sex benefits and donate to gay and lesbian charities as well as promote tolerance in the workplace.

I don't think one could survive long if they decided to boycott all the companies that stand for what they are against. I think it's funny that they just target one company to make a big stink about it.

American Airlines (AMR Corp.)
Apple Computer Inc.
Avaya Inc.
Bank One Corp.
Bausch & Lomb Inc.
Capital One Financial Corp.
ChoicePoint Inc.
Deutsche Bank
Eastman Kodak Co.
Hewlett-Packard Co.
IBM (International Business Machines Corp.)
Intel Corp.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
Lehman Brothers Holdings
Levi Strauss & Co.
Lucent Technologies Inc.
MetLife (Metropolitan Life Insurance)
Mitchell Gold Co.
Morrison & Foerster
NCR Corp.
Nike Inc.
PG&E Corp.
Prudential Financial Inc.
Replacements Ltd.
SC Johnson & Son Inc.
Starbucks
Worldspan L.P.
Xerox Corp.

Oggyflute
06-02-2005, 12:23 AM
It's probably more to do with what company they feel that they can get the biggest impact. Ford must be really worried.:rolleyes: :D

elizabethann
06-02-2005, 07:36 AM
Why can't they take the money, energy & time their spending boycotting Ford and put it towards something positive and worthwhile........like helping homeless people for example (or homeless animals)?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by elizabethann
Why can't they take the money, energy & time their spending boycotting Ford and put it towards something positive and worthwhile........like helping homeless people for example (or homeless animals)?

Probably because if they tried hard enough they could find a reason homeless people should be banned from earth also. They remind me of Nazis - if someone doesn't fit into their predefined criteria of a "Christian" then they are evil.

Some people really need to get a life of their own instead of sticking their noses into everyone else's business. :rolleyes:

catnapper
06-02-2005, 09:59 AM
From memory, Disney also give benfits. And so does the city of Philadelphia to its employees.

So, according the above list, you need to boycott most computers, not get a new home mortgage, not need tissues or toilet paper, go barefooted, not carry insurance, and hope you never need contacts (oh, and stay out of the city of Philadelphia)

People need new hobbies.

jackie
06-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Even if Ford loses a bit of money with this boycott, they will win in the long run with their ethics!

Ford vice president of human resources Joe Laymon told the Detroit News that the company "values all people, regardless of their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation and cultural or physical differences."

WTG Ford! :D

Luvin Labs
06-05-2005, 02:19 PM
wtg ford! (and other companies)

alas, wish I could afFORD a mustang, I'm not a ford person but I LOVE the stangs!

RICHARD
06-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Countersuit?

Promoting intolerance?

The are not promoting"homosexuality", they are promoting a the company's ability to provide benefits to all their employees.

Ah, that Olde Tyme Religion.......:confused: