PDA

View Full Version : Grandma sirrahbed is in Japan

sirrahbed
06-01-2005, 03:45 PM
I am here!:D I arrived last night after just over 24 hours of waiting, flying and stumbling around the airport lost looking for where I should be. Customs was confusing and very crowded. :rolleyes: I drug my bags around from one terminal to yet another a mile away (I DID get the shuttle - did not walk the mile :p) ..eventually found what I needed which was a *particular* shuttle bus at one of two *particular* bus stops. The other cost money and I had not exchanged any - too tired and confuzzled. Then the adventure to find the NEXT bus - which of course I did and could rest because they spoke English:) Then another wait, two hour bus ride to her base and I was here. I am still jetlagged I think but here:D

My grandson is absolutely perfect and precious and my son-in-love greeted me with a big hug too:) This and being able to hug my baby girl made the long trip worth it.

I slept *some* last night and am up doing some laundry and trying to help however I can. Boomer let me give him some treats - cautiously - while Missy nursed at about 4am and now he is rolling over for me - expecting belly rubs - which of course I deliver. He is such a sweet kitty!!

I will try to get Missy to take and post some pictures with Grandma in them later.

It is good to be here! Thank you to those who prayed for my trip - I SOOOO appreciate it.

I have catching up to do on PT and will try to do that! It is about 5:45 on Thursday morning here and 4:45 pm dinnertime Wed there ....I think :rolleyes:

jazzcat
06-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Whew! Glad you got there okay but what an adventure for you.

I'll be looking forward to lots of pictures of everyone.

Jods
06-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Glad you made it there okay, it must be great to see your baby and her baby!! and of course your son-in-law. Have a nice time!! Take lots of pictures and give Missy a hug from me.

Karen
06-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Congratulations, GrammyDeb! Takes lots of pictures and have a wonderful time. Give Boomer a snuggle from me. Don't forget to look up from Tyler to see at least SOME of Japan while you are there!

Craftlady
06-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Glad u made it safely. How long are you staying in Japan?

catnapper
06-01-2005, 05:39 PM
So glad to hear that you are there and enjoying your new grandson! Talk about an adventure getting there! And the jetlag must be overwhelming. Please deliver a hug to everyone for me!

kimlovescats
06-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Yipppeeee!!!!! You're there!!! Hug everyone for me too please!!!:D Get some rest, then start posting PICS!!!;)

Love,
Kim:)

Catsnclay
06-01-2005, 05:48 PM
So glad you made it safely! That IS a very long flight, I went to Japan back in the 1980's and had a BLAST!!!!

I know you want to play with the baby, but there are a few things you MUST do while there (you went all that way!!)

1) go see the big Buddha.

2) take a ride on the bullet train (it's a blast)

3) you should visit a temple or shrine

4) The Palace grounds are a must - plus they are kept up beautifly!!

5) go SHOPPING !!!! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Like I really have to tell you that!! :p

Oh, and if you feel the need to shop for some friends <hint, hint> our hourse is done up the Japanese way so anything you think might fit in, please feel free................:D

Enjoy Japan but most of all enjoy your family!! And give some kissies to all humans and furries.

How long are you going to be there??? I'm envious.....:rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
06-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Wow Debbie! You are already there!!! I am so excited for you and everyone else, this has to be awesome, getting to hug your little girl, meeting her son and getting to spend time with Boomer and seeing Japan! WOW!

It would take me days to recover from a long trip like that but it sounds like you are doing just fine. I can't wait to see pictures!!

catfamily
06-01-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm so happy your there,safe and settled.You must be so very happy.Stay safe and we need pictures:D :D

kuhio98
06-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Well, as usual, I am clueless. I didn't know you were going but am so glad you did. I was wondering where you were for the last few days but figured you were burning up the phone lines with Missy.

Have a great trip and get lots of pictures.

chrangharris
06-01-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm glad you made it safely! Give my brother, SIL, and nephew a big hug and kiss for me!!

chrangharris
06-01-2005, 07:30 PM
I just thought of some things- I'm sure you've already thought of them but in case not, here you go.

Food- stock the freezer with as many prepared meals as possible! (if you need ideas, let me know) Take Missy shopping and make sure she has healthy snacks/meals that are quick to grab during the day. (that was my biggest struggle was eating when DH wasn't around because it took to much time and energy to cook) Hamburger helper is great- you can even cook up the hamburger meat in bulk and freeze it in 1 pound baggies- makes it even quicker to prepare. Along those lines is chicken/tuna helper with canned chicken/tuna!

Stock up the house with non-persiables that she will need- toilet paper, paper towels, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc- it will mean one less trip for her later down the road!

Missy- LET YOUR MOM CLEAN THE HOUSE! She is awesome at it! She cleaned for me when Misha was born- she cleaned things that had never been touched the 2 years prior to Misha and won't be touched until number 2 shows up and I sweet-talk her into cleaning again! :D (hmm, maybe I should keep having kids so my house will get a regular deep cleaning)

christa
06-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Deb:

So glad you are safe & sound in Japan! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT! ;)

Have a blast with Missy and Tyler & definitely post some pics when you can!

:D

Logan
06-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Oh Debbie, when I read earlier that you were headed to Japan, my heart overflowed! I was so glad to see my mother when I had Helen and I know Missy feels the same way.

Enjoy your visit and give many, many hugs to Missy and the sweet baby.

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Debbie! I had no idea you were headed to Japan, but I'm so glad you were able to make it! I just know these last few days have been hard on both of you being so far away from your baby as she had her first baby. I'm just so happy for you and Missy that you were able to make the trip. Sounds like quite the trip, but even had I known you were taking it, I would have known you would have been successful at negotiating everything because the ultimate reward was to see your new grandson and your own little girl who is now a mother.

Gee, for some reason I just get all mushy when I think of you two. :o :D I know Missy must be ecstatic to see you, as I know you are to see her. Savor every single minute and I know we'll get to see lots and lots of pics. :D

Corinna
06-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Glad you made it safe. You didn't get to take persionmom with you. Dad may want his mom too. But glad one could make it. Sure they both appresate it.

catmandu
06-01-2005, 09:07 PM
THE FOUND CAT ANGELS,HAVE BEEN ,TO JAPAN,WITH THE PET TALKER ANGEL ARMY,AND THEY LOVE,THE NOODLE KIOKS,AND THE SUSHI BARS.THATS GREAT,THAT YOU ARE THERE SAFE,AND SOUND,AND WITH YOUR GRANDCHILD.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/86323a59.jpg

rg_girlca
06-01-2005, 11:17 PM
You did it Debbie!!!! YYYYAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! Safe and sound in Japan with your precious grandson, beautiful daughter and huggable son-in-law. :)
Get a much needed rest and then bask in the joy of Tyler and take in the look of pride on Missy & Paul's face.

Enjoy your stay Debbie and I hope the week goes very, very S.......L......O......W for you.:D

Killearn Kitties
06-02-2005, 05:38 AM
Congratulations on arriving safe and sound at your destination! :D I hope you have an absolutely fantastic trip! I know we'll see some pictures! ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-02-2005, 10:38 AM
I replied in General, but here is a "copy" of that ;) :D

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Debbie, he is GORGEOUS!!!!!! Tyler has such stunning eyes, my mouth just fell open when I saw that pic...
I am so happy that our prayers worked for you! It was a difficult itinerary (sp?), with lots of change-overs; and I can imagine that in Japan not all signs are in English too.... . Years ago we were in Korea, and our biggest problem was reading the streatsigns ...
Have fun there, Debbie, enjoy EVERY minute!! And euh..... treat us with lots of cute pics

sirrahbed
06-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by chrangharris
I'm glad you made it safely! Give my brother, SIL, and nephew a big hug and kiss for me!!

I did so Chris!!

Think you could post a few pix of my granddaughter??:D