PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's 109 - It's Summertime....

slick
06-01-2005, 02:37 PM
June......it's the month of the longest day of the year and as far as I'm concerned, the start of Summer, and since some of us are gearing up for the big trip to LA, here's a drink in Gini's honour. (since she likes rum.....)

Naranjita

i n g r e d i e n t s
1 ounce light Puerto Rican rum
2-3 ounce ginger ale
1 ounce orange juice
orange slices for garnish
carambola (star fruit) for garnish

h o w t o m i x
Combine all ingredients, pour over ice in a highball glass and garnish with orange slices and star fruit.

Serving glass: Highball glasses

I'm going out back to hose down the patio furniture and get it ready for the partee. After that, I'll make some hot crab dip to get us started.

Can someone please give that jukebox a kickstart and get this Summer partee rolling. :)

...and as my late Grandmother used to say on the first day of each month.....WHITE RABBITS!

lbaker
06-01-2005, 03:21 PM
I so totally agree with your Grandmother Slick, wise woman. :D :D Yes Gini does like rum. Of course she likes apple-tinis too. Of course she likes white wine too. Of courjeu48ty945847 *sorry, someone just threw a shoe at me* OUCH! ;)

dukedogsmom
06-01-2005, 03:36 PM
You would really believe it's summer if you were down here. It's humid as hell. So, lets make sure to have plenty of ice in those drinks. I've also got some cold watermellon sliced and ready to eat. Sounds like it will be a wonderful party.

davidpizzica
06-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Slick, I can use a couple of those drinks! For some strange reason the boss still thinks I'm young. He thinks I can cut grass for eight hours straight. I'm pooped!

slick
06-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Yes Gini does like rum. Of course she likes apple-tinis too. Of course she likes white wine too. Of courjeu48ty945847 *sorry, someone just threw a shoe at me* OUCH! ;)
Pssst....not to mention slushies....not to mention Bailey's.... ;)
DDM....it's humid up here too. I feel your sweat......
Yup, got lots of ice to melt away the heat. DONE! Thanks for the watermelon. ;)
David, DONE & DONE! You are only as young as you feel. Age....it's just a number.

Hot crab dip served. Help yourself. I'm going into a meeting in about 10 minutes so you might be on your own for a bit. Can someone look after Mario? He's got a fresh diaper on so shouldn't be much trouble.

davidpizzica
06-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Slick, I'll keep an eye on him. I'll make sure I hide the cherries!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Noooo!!! Please, no more rabbits....of any color! Two of my roses have just a teeny tiny hint of a bud on them and it would be sooo nice if that bud did not turn into a certain uppy eared critter's dinner. :rolleyes:

DOTD sounds yummy! Extremely busy here :rolleyes: so sorry but, gotta drink and run! :)

gini
06-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Well, I can see that my reputation precedes me here............

But, Slick, you have outdone yourself with that recipe for

Naranjitas. I can even pronouce it all by myself!

Laurie, come over here, I want to talk to you!:D :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
06-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Debbie....

Speaking of rabbits....remember these???

Perhaps I should send Edwina over for a visit....

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12097&highlight=Rosebud

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12013&highlight=roses

Not that she did any good last time....:rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

DOTD sounds yummy! Extremely busy here :rolleyes: so sorry but, gotta drink and run! :) Just as long as you don't drink and drive!!!

I'll just grab a cherry vanilla coke and 4 catnip teas. Been raining all day but now is warm and humid. If it must be hot, I want it hot and DRY!

Pizza anyone?:)

moosmom
06-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Brint it on!!! I'll have a double Finlandia on the rocks with lime! Party on the patio time!!!

lbaker
06-01-2005, 06:59 PM
*rubs back of head* oh, hi Gini, nicetoseeyouhowareyoudoingcanIgetyousomething? Glass of milk maybe? Why are you only wearing one shoe?? :o ;) Geewillikers, where's the music? Shall we dance the HullyGully??

slick
06-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Hi again. Just winding down after a busy day.

Sara, those threads are priceless. :D

Debbie, nothing like a little Bud Light....LOL DOTD DONE!

MOFF, CVC and 4 CNT's. DONE! mmmm, Pizza....just slap it on this plate please. Thanks for bringing it.

I'll have a double Finlandia on the rocks with lime!
**frantically flips through the pages of Richard's bartender book**

That's a new one on me Donna. Oh here it is....a double shot for you. DONE!

Gini, glad you can talk today. ;) DONE!

David, thanks for looking after Mario.

Laurie, watch out...the last time I got hit in the head it knocked some sense into me :D

zippy-kat
06-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Geewillikers, where's the music?

I heard she just loves "It's a Small World After All!" ;)

White rabbits?
How about black 'n white with uppie-ears? Don't worry, he likes cilantro - not roses. :)

lbaker
06-01-2005, 07:52 PM
"It's a Small World" OMD!! HOOBOY! Let's all sing in harrrrmoooonneeeey! OK, OK, enough picking on Gini. hmmmm, Wowzers.. let's see, who else can we pick on?? Well let's see, RICHARD isn't here yet - maybe he's ripe. ooops, let's not go there :o I be bad, I know. I'm feeling wicked I'll just do a "time out" and sit in the corner *snirk*

slick
06-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
I heard she just loves "It's a Small World After All!" ;)
**sings**
You're in trouble
You're in trouble......

You just wait until Mom reads this!!!!:eek: :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Perhaps I should send Edwina over for a visit....

:D Yes, I remember those, but the conclusion was that the squirrels were eating the buds? If so, I'm really in trouble. :rolleyes: I found out that the reason the rabbits are such a problem this year is because it's incredibly dry here. I think all our rain has been falling in California. We haven't had a decent rain in over 2 months! Really! So the guy at the nursery says that because it's so dry the bunnies are getting the moisture they need from eating everyone's plants. Even the City of Chicago Park District is having a problem with rabbits this year! (They're trapping them and shipping them to the far Western suburbs.) So I hate to deprive the little critters of their moisture....maybe I should go buy a ton of cilantro.....;)

Has anyone here ever had a Mudslide? They come premixed and you just blend the mix with crushed ice. The label says it's coffee and cocoa flavors mixed with rum. Taste like Baileys. YUMMY! And quite powerful on an empty stomach if I do say so myself. :o But what da hey - I need to unwind. I've been sooo busy lately, all with stuff that I'd rather not deal with. So Terry is out of town, CJ is snuggled right next to me, Peanut is off in her carpet condom and I'm taking some time to spend with friends - to hell with the 7-10 page paper I need to write! Who wants a mudslide? My blender is full! :D

Oh wait....It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small small world!

Are there any other words to that song? Those are the only ones I know.

Lady's Human
06-01-2005, 09:16 PM
I'll trade you a mudslide for a white russian.

I'll take the bass line to "It's a Small world", we can do it in 4 parts and make everyone REALLY cringe.

Corinna
06-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Hey all I'll take a hot cocoa we have had 2 days of rain. It sure hasn't slowed down the terriorist er I mean tourists. Just selling a lot more sweats and heavier jackets. What a day. HIHOHIHO my a$$.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Corinna, my dear, please, come sit by the campfire and have a drink. What can I get for you? You live and work in paradise at this time of year so please don't let the goofy tourists get you down.

Gosh, the way things have been going around here lately Terry and I can't wait to get out of here. I know you think I'm crazy but I envy you every single one of those tourists. ;) 14 more months until F-Day (Full-time Day) and it could come tomorrow as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Oops, missed the fact that you asked for hot cocoa. Here you go, hot cocoa - DONE! :D

Lady's Human (sorry, my memory gets bad when I'm drinking so I forgot your name :o ). I'm a tenor (if I remember right back to 7th grade music class) so we've got the bass and the tenor, who wants to be the alto and we need a soprano.....then we can really drive Laurie nuts. Hey, does Mario sing?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Hmmm...looks like Corinna has fallen asleep next to the campfire - along with everyone else. Guess I'll just clean up a bit here and get ready for bed myself.

Nighty-night everyone. :)

slick
06-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Are there any other words to that song? Those are the only ones I know.
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Cottage/3192/Smallworld.html
Karaoke anyone??? :D :D
Debbie, thanks so much for helping out. Traffic was miserable coming home tonight. You know...it's summer...stays light pretty late...all the ingredients for zooped up cars to ignore the speed limit. Saw an accident on the way home....oops, sorry, apparently the media call it a "crash" now. :rolleyes:

Hi Corinna! Glad to see that you are getting some relaxing time in before another day tomorrow.

Hi LH. Sorry I wasn't here for your mudslide but I see that Debbie has looked after you.

I'm just going to grab a BM and settle back down a spell.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by slick

Karaoke anyone???

Great.....now I'm going to fall asleep to that song running through my head. :rolleyes:

Hey Slick! Here, let me get you that BM while I'm back here. Then I'll grab myself just one more of these mudslides (me thinks me should have had a piece or two of pizza before the mudslides :rolleyes: ). Anybody know if mudslides cause headaches the next morning? Hope not 'cause I've got another day from hell at work tomorrow - blech! But that's tomorrow....Slick, sit down a spell and rest your weary feet. ;)

slick
06-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Whoa, Debbie. Isn't it past your bedtime??:p
Never mind, I could use the company. Thanks for the BM, my friend. Long time no talk to. ;) Oh I see, that you're are starting to fade. Good night Debbie. See you on the morrow. Don't work too hard.

Oh no, what have I started? Now Mario is trying to sing Its' a Small World! Yikes, Gini is going to have my head.

Oggyflute
06-01-2005, 11:20 PM
G'day everyone, just popping in for a quick beer, as I have to drive home in a few minutes. I'll leave the rum till a bit later.;)

But I would just looove some of slicks hot crab dip.:p

(psst, mudslides will kill you in the morning mate, it's the low grade vodka they use in them;) )

Lady's Human
06-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Depends on who's mixing the mudslides.......

Life's too short for cheap booze.

slick
06-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Hi Oggy....
Every time you pop in and ask for beer, I'm reminded of all the Auzzie beer commercials done by Paul Hogan. LOL

One Fosters...DONE! I've reheated the dip so help yourself. It's always much better when the flavours have a chance to sit and blend and that first bite just explo....
sorry...that was last week! :D

RedHedd
06-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Great.....now I'm going to fall asleep to that song running through my head. :rolleyes: Me too! After an excruciatingly busy day and evening, I'm finally home, got Mishi to eat and drink a bit and now I've got a small world running through my sieve-like brain! ARRGH! G'night all.

Oggyflute
06-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by slick
Hi Oggy....
Every time you pop in and ask for beer, I'm reminded of all the Auzzie beer commercials done by Paul Hogan. LOL

One Fosters...DONE! I've reheated the dip so help yourself. It's always much better when the flavours have a chance to sit and blend and that first bite just explo....
sorry...that was last week! :D

What with the rum and that cake, it could be a real dangerous situation.:D

dukedogsmom
06-02-2005, 12:35 AM
Glad to see someone's awake. I'm forced to be because I'm at work. The bar is still open if you have a request.

Oggyflute
06-02-2005, 01:23 AM
I might brave one of those rum's mate.:D

Just one though, can't get too smashed before dinner.:D

dukedogsmom
06-02-2005, 02:06 AM
I came in kind of late here. One rum, coming up. That is so weird. It's 3 a.m. here. What's for your dinner tonight?

lbaker
06-02-2005, 06:52 AM
Verrrry strange timing around this bar.. Oggy is fixing dinner in the middle of the night (for some time zones anyway) DDMom is working the graveyard shift - WAIT! I thought that was Donna's job *snirk* I'm having breakfast at work (coffee and a yogurt, how boring). Debbie is patrolling her garden watching for White Rabbits "go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall" and everyone is humming some totally annoying tune. Time to crank up the juke box with ROCK AND ROLL!!

dukedogsmom
06-02-2005, 07:58 AM
I just got home from work. I stopped at this little place where Grandma is the cook. Wednesday's special is "whatever Grandma feels like cooking". i love little places like that. I got 2 eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, huge amount of hash browns I couldn't eat, two pieces of toast and sweet tea. All for $2.99. That's another reason I love the small places. Ya'll have a good day. I'm getting ready to go to bed.

lbaker
06-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Now there's a Grandma that would feel right at home at Thursdays!! :D Sleep well Val.

Corinna
06-02-2005, 08:06 AM
(streches and yawns) Oh my did I fall asleep. Sorry thanks for the cocoa it was good.
I do enjoy the tourist its just we are still getting stock in and so its been a nightmare tring to have enough staff to price and to run the regesters. we are still missing some of our work campers. So it's just a little frustrating to have so many customers at this time we are up by 20% over the last 3 years already. I guess we are going to have a great summer. Better raises YYYEEESSS!!!!
I guess I had better get out on the road to get there, see you all later when I get home.

slick
06-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Good morning everyone! Yup, these times zones suck big time and you never know where everybody is.

So, it's just coming up to 7am here on the beautiful West Coast. I've put some coffee on and there is fresh Bailey's on the bar. Must be almost coffee break time now for you Laurie. ;)

DDM, that sounds like the breakfasts I used to get decades ago down in Vegas or Reno; big, delicious and cheap.

Got another busy day ahead but will check in from time to time. Be good everyone.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-02-2005, 09:49 AM
Whew....was I on a roll last night or what? :rolleyes: Corinna, is your neck sore from falling asleep on those durn camp chairs? Mine is. :rolleyes: No headache though - whew - just a bit tired because yes, it was past my bedtime, and once I got to bed I couldn't sleep. :rolleyes:

But the good news is I had an epiphany on the way to work this morning and now know how I'm going to write my paper. I even made a rough outline as I was driving in this morning so I didn't forget everything. I really need one of those little tape recorder thingys....

Anyway, Val, that breakfast sounds absolutely yummy, and I'm famished! I'll go out back to the chicken coop to get some eggs if someone else wants to get started on shredding the potatoes for the hash browns.....

Mario sweety, do you want to pick some blueberries and we can have blueberry pancakes with breakfast also?

lbaker
06-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Oh YUM Debbie! I love blueberry pancakes. I have the perfect coffee blend to go with it, it's called Red Sea Blend "A unique blend of African coffees fused in just the right proportions to achieve an elegant, balanced cup. Potent blueberry notes combine with a subtle lemongrass sweetness and hints of dark chocolate in a medium-bodied setting". Put that in your cup and drink it ;) Can we throw a few minced onions in with the hash browns??

RICHARD
06-02-2005, 10:19 AM
"A unique blend of African coffees fused in just the right proportions to achieve an elegant, balanced cup. Potent blueberry notes combine with a subtle lemongrass sweetness and hints of dark chocolate in a medium-bodied setting".

If your cup gets unbalanced what happens then?

Good morning everyone...

I owe, I owe it's off to work I go????:confused:

I think I'll start off with a cup of coffee today..

what's the matter with HIM??? he don't drink coffee!!!

Long story, short attention span:rolleyes:

I'll be back later on guys......

Done!

Killearn Kitties
06-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Phew, it is roasting back here shredding the potatoes!! When is work going to start on opening up the front of the bar for the summer? Do we have a date yet? Do we need Eddie the Supervisor on the case?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Thanks for helping with the hash browns, Karen! Laurie, that is one helluva cuppa coffee! Does it come in decaf?

I think we absolutely positively need Eddie as supervisor! He did such a fantastic job at Sara's that I bet his rates have gone through the roof now. Hopefully he'll work for treats for us. ;)

<spitter, spatter of hot butter sizzling in the pan as I brown the onions before adding potatoes> Can someone handle the toast please? I can never get the timing of toast right and it's always cold by the time the potatoes and eggs and bacon are done. :rolleyes:

lbaker
06-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Getting toasted is one of the things I do best :rolleyes: Allow me :D

momoffuzzyfaces
06-02-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm starved! What's for lunch?

What on earth? Mario, what is in your diaper? moff bravely peeks in Mario's diaper.

Um, Mario .... you were supposed to put the blueberries in a bucket! :eek:
Anyone care for some blueberries?:p
:D

slick
06-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Getting toasted is one of the things I do best :rolleyes: Allow me :D
:D :D :D
**sniff**
MMMMM what smells so good in here??? I'm famished. Any breakfast left over? Onions in the hash browns is a must. When I do HB's (which is almost never these days) I put in onion and garlic and red pepper first. Sauted it all around then add the shredded potato. At the end I mix in some cheddar cheese and a touch of cayenne pepper. Top with chopped fresh parsley and voila! Sometimes I'll also add some chopped mushrooms that have been pre-sauteed.

Enough of all that food talk. {{{hugs}}} to all of you and I'll be back later. Work duty calls.

**grabs a double BM to go**

lbaker
06-02-2005, 12:25 PM
The only problem with mushrooms is "they squeek when you eat them" ;) ahem ;) ;)

slick
06-02-2005, 02:05 PM
The only problem with mushrooms is "they squeek when you eat them" ;) ahem ;) ;)
**giggle**
...and speaking about the Zipper can we please all say a few prayers for her. She's going through such a rough time right now.

lbaker
06-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Keep the faith Zip, we'll cover your back dear friend ....

Pit Chick
06-02-2005, 03:41 PM

But if you listen real close that squeeking is them saying "eat me". The squeeking is nothing compared to the cool stuff you see after eating them. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Pit Chick
The squeeking is nothing compared to the cool stuff you see after eating them. ;)

Hmmmmm....think I'll have some mushrooms in my hashbrowns next time....;)

I'm off. Hope everyone has a wonderful evening. No mudslides for me tonight since I'll be slaving away on my paper. Just hope my epiphany reappears on my way home....:rolleyes:

Lady's Human
06-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Why not just one? I find it sooooo much easier to BS (umm write) with a little lubrication in the system....:D

I ocme in late, miss breakfast, miss mario being helpful for a change, I should know better than to wander in late.

Corinna
06-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Ummmmm I'll pass on the blueberries. I'm dying to hear about the paper T&P .
well I thought the rain would slow down the tourists Ha it was so busy today. Any one a massuse I need a foot rub.Hubby is gone on a long distance job until Sunday. guess i'll have to drag out the electric one.
Whats on the grill for tonights dinner?I sure would love a nice grilled king salmon. Baked potatoe oozing with real butter.
Any one hear from Willie lately ? Hope things are getting orginized for her. I know how I felt when I had aflood in Washington and lost a lot of my things. Took almost a year for me to get my emotional state back to normal. Cards from freinds even months later helped.
Went to see Hitch at the drive in Sunday you have to see it I laughed so hard.
Hey Mario could you grab one of those soft blankets and lets suggle in front of this great fire some one started.

RedHedd
06-02-2005, 08:08 PM
OK A friend just sent this to me and it reminded me of Thursdays .... is this what happens when we let Mario make the coffee?
http://www.cartoline.it/pics/_zoom_flash.htm?immagine=scherzi_150404_01.swf

Put the coin in the slot, pick your coffee flavor, let it brew .... cick on the cup and then click on "Apri" after it's done .... Mario!

QueenScoopalot
06-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Knock*knock? Anyone in the bar? I'm having a hard time being heard over the music playing, and no-one can see me due to all those little monkey prints on the windows! :rolleyes: :eek: Mind if I pop in for a few brews? Much needed after a crazy, and I DO mean CRAZY three days! :eek: Mario stop smearing blueberries onto the windows, and maybe, just maybe someone will know I'm outside. :(

Oggyflute
06-02-2005, 08:37 PM
There must be some brews in here somewhere. :) I'll just grab a coffee though, it's still another few hours before the weekend officially starts.:(

Might even just heat up one of those hash browns, but salmon steaks on the bbq for dinner now that sounds pretty good. I have a hunter semillon that will wash it down quite well too.:D

slick
06-02-2005, 08:48 PM
He y'all. I'm still here at work but leaving shortly so thought I would check in quickly.

Jan..it's good to see you hear again. Rest your weary "rescuer's bones". Gee, say that 3 times fast after a few slushies...LOL

Trev, a pleasure as always. :)

RedHedd - LOL. I've seen that before but it's worth another view. Thanks.

LH - did you bring a late slip from the hall monitor?

Corinna - don't snuggle too close. Mario snores!! :eek:

a big DONE! until Richard comes on the scene again...hopefully tonight.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Ok, I am never drinking coffee out of a machine again - eeeewwwww!!!!

Corinna, I think the tourists really are getting to you - you want to hear about my paper? Eeeeeewwwww! ;) But, since you asked here are the instructions. Select 3 SAFE white papers of interest, with a common theme, and review the documentation. Create a complete project paper with information relevant from your perspective from each of the white papers. Compare and contrast the concepts from the different white papers and include how these might be used in your work or school environment. This course project should be between 1750 -2450 words. Develop a Powerpoint presentation (20 -30 slides) that would teach the concepts learned from your selected white papers to a class on IT Security, such as the one that you are currently taking.

The epiphany is still there but I just can't bring myself to start writing the darn thing! I hate writing papers and it's like I just keep putting it off thinking it will just go away....but it won't, and it's 16% of my grade so I can't just blow it off.....aaaaahhhh....this is driving me crazy!

QueenScoopalot
06-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Happy to know the 'bar's' still open, and there's no such thing as "last call" lol! :D Yup...me bones are weary, but there was some laughter after the psychosis of trapping this week! Made the local police scanner and friends heard about "two woman who are refusing to leave the yard over a cat"....yup...wasn't taking home three 3 week olds, and one 2 day old kitten without ALL the dairy queens! :eek: :D :rolleyes: Nutcase homeowner petrified of cats, but NOT allowing us to get them out from under her porch....whack job and a half, but we stuck it out and fought...and wished so hard she'd drop dead of a heart attack :rolleyes: :mad: Anyway....don't mind if I take my shoes off, and stay a bit? :confused:

Oggyflute
06-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Wow, sounds like you could really do with a brew QS. :eek: Here's one of my favourites. Crown Lager, very smooth.:D

QueenScoopalot
06-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Thanks Trev!...got your name right, right? :confused: Tastes great, and just about what i need now lol! Jan here;)

Oggyflute
06-02-2005, 09:27 PM
That's it Jan.:D Another two hours and I'll be having one of those myself.:D ( That is after the little list of chores Carole gave me:rolleyes: )

QueenScoopalot
06-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Sure wish my hubby would be the chore doer...*sigh*:rolleyes: So in other words, nothing gets done except pertinent things. CHEERS..and save me some of those yummy sounding hash browns, and whatever else is being cooked up in the kitchen. ;) Don't work too hard, and congrats on your upcoming 2000! :D (posts) ;) ....not beers! :o Well..then again LOL! But not all in one sitting! :D :D

Oggyflute
06-02-2005, 09:42 PM
Theres a song about that isn't there?

"2000 bottles of beer on the wall..............." :D

gini
06-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Oh, alright, so I haven't been here in a day or so..........but WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO PLAY THAT DISGUSTING SONG?

You had better watch out or that EASILY could be played over and over again at the BBQ.

I am referring to IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL.......well Disney get with the program............ever heard of the Internet????

If you know me well, sorry Trev, you probably don't but I ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT RIDE AT DISNEYLAND AND I ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT STUPID SONG!

THERE I SAID IT AND I AM GLAD!!

What you need to know is at the end of the ride it says.........

BROUGHT TO YOU BY BANK OF AMERICA!

Get it kiddies? Bank of America - so when you grow up you won't forget where to put your little pennies. Such a disgusting ride with disgusting little dolls that all look alike (o.k. so they changed the eyes) and all they do is twist their pitiful little heads singing that stupid song.

Sorry, let me calm down here.........LBaker and Slick are in deep trouble though!

Now back to those mudslides..........I would just love to slide in the corner with one of those.

Ladie's Human............loved your comment about life being too short for cheap booze.............my mortgage company didn't buy that answer though..........:D :D

QueenScoopalot
06-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Oggyflute
Theres a song about that isn't there?

"2000 bottles of beer on the wall..............." :D
ROFLMAO...close..but no cigar! 99 is the starting count! But i'll take one down, and pass it around...MARIO!!!!!! DOH! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Gini, Gini, Gini, calm down girl! And here I was thinking it was Laurie that hated it so much. Boy, did you prove me wrong! ;) :D :D

Here, come, sit, here's a mudslide made fresh just for you. Oops, these are the good kind of mudslides though, not the kind they had in Laguna Beach. :eek: Have to say, knowing where Sara lives my heart skipped a beat when I heard the Laguna part.

Careful with those mudslides though, brain freeze (or in my case esophagus freeze) sets in real quickly! And it's not a small world, it's a really really big world otherwise why did it take Debbie so long to get to Japan? That Disney guy has a thing or two to learn - don't you think? There, there, are we calming down now? Here's another mudslide to make sure. ;)

gini
06-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Oh, Debbie, thank you..............

Yes, I really do go around the bend with that song don't I???

Yes, I heard the tragic story about Laguna Beach and I did know that Sara is not in that location. But even so...........you lose your $1 - $2 million dollar home and no insurance.........

I heard on the news tonight that they are searching for all of the missing pets........12 cats and I believe 5 dogs..........

maybe Mudslide wasn't the best choice this week for a DOTD, but who knew?

I think I need another just to c a l m down a bit more:D :D

Lady's Human
06-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Slick.... Yes, I did get a tardy slip.....see, it has mario's pawprints all over it (That's why you can't read it).

I'd take over the bar for a while, but I hhave a tendency to make really strong drinks, so be careful what you order.

gini
06-02-2005, 10:38 PM
I have some neighbors that tend bar like you do, Ladie's Human and I am always very very careful.

They seem to know exactly how many you have had.........and if your glass is empty........it is filled immediately.

Thank goodness I live just across the street and they can just slide me back home:D :D

I know that Richard has really missed his job here as bartender, but he has a really good idea............I will let him tell you about it.

Ummm, Debbie just fixed me another mudslide, so I think I will just "slide" along with this one for a while.;)

slick
06-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Whoa........a lot has happened here since I left work.

Gini, I know you want to throttle me and Laurie but you won't....you love us too much.....;) :D

OK, so here it is after 9pm and I'm finally home. What I really really want right now is to take my shoes off and relax....on second thought maybe I'll leave my shoes on.....:eek:

Would love to go back and respond to all the comments but I'm too tired and need some dinner.

Take care and I'll check back with you in the morning.

Killearn Kitties
06-03-2005, 04:09 AM
I have now officially boycotted the Bank of America in protest at them upsetting our Gini like that!

Has your weekend started yet, Trev? What have you got on the barbie for us?

Oggyflute
06-03-2005, 04:25 AM
Yep, weekend has well and truly started:D After washing down the dust with a beer, I'm just enjoying a rather cheeky little shiraz from the Barrossa Valley.:D

I had to cook the kids treats tonight, and will be just throwing on some tomato & onion rissoles for us.:)

Tomorrow night our friends are taking us to an Indian restaurant to celebrate Ilana's new job. (caroles friend) It's a surprise for which restaurant we are going to. Ilana & Andy are picking us up, so a few more glasses of wine will be definitly be in order.:D I'm guessing that it will be northern Indian cuisine, as we were discussing this a little while back.:)

Killearn Kitties
06-03-2005, 04:49 AM
Sounds great! Throw some of those rissoles and a little glass of Shiraz my way, will you please? :D

Oggyflute
06-03-2005, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Sounds great! Throw some of those rissoles and a little glass of Shiraz my way, will you please? :D

No probs, in fact I'll leave a case in the bar.
"Annie's Lane Barrossa Valley Shiraz, 2002 vint" :D

Killearn Kitties
06-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Why, thank you. Cheers! Here's to your 2000 (posts, not beer bottles). :D

lbaker
06-03-2005, 07:00 AM
Oh icky yucky gack! It's pouring rain and high today maybe low 60's . It's June! Kriminey! How about some SOS (creamed chipped beef on English Muffins or toast). Some of my erotic coffee and a fruit tray? Throw another log on that fire ... brew us up another pot of [CN] tea. Yes throw another log on the fire.. then tell me babe, why you're leaving me. :rolleyes:

Corinna
06-03-2005, 07:42 AM
Morning all , Hey theat SOS ssmells really good can I have a plate?
It's raining here too. so much that we had a rock slide on the parks Going to the sun road and closed it yesterday hope to have it reopened to day. Explains all the people in the store. Well got to go and get" on the road again" :D

dukedogsmom
06-03-2005, 07:44 AM
I've got some good coffee, too. It's called Longberry Harrar from Etheopia. SOS sounds good. I grew up on it. I've got some fresh tomatos from the garden that we can slice to go with it. Ever had chilli sauce? That's good on the gravy. I've got to hurry because I've got a doctor's appointment. I would much rather hang out here, though.

lbaker
06-03-2005, 08:16 AM
I totally agree Val, about the Ethiopian coffee. One of my new co-workers is a coffee nut [bean?] himself and has turned me on to some really good stuff. You can keep your Starbucks people, sorry ;) mmmmm SOS, garden tomatos, fresh strawberrys - really good berries this spring with all the rain! What better way to brighten up a gloomy day :cool:

slick
06-03-2005, 08:43 AM
**stretch....yawn**
Happy Friday everyone. Don't mind me....last night I started watching TV then woke up at 2am on the couch. Hauled my sorry butt into bed for a few hours and here I am. I need something strong to wake me up.

Yup, it's raining here too. No SOS for me....but I'll take some of your erotic coffee and fruit, Laurie.;)

Killearn Kitties
06-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Well after a hideous week, today is hot and sunny in time for the weekend. Sorry to everyone with yucky days, but we've had more than our fair share of rain. I'll take one of those excellent coffees please, and perhaps you could explain to me what chipped beef might be?

davidpizzica
06-03-2005, 08:59 AM
Good morning, everyone! Laurie, I'm sharing this rain with you, it's miserable here in Pittsburgh. I spent four hours working in the rain at the golf course and I definitely can use a lot of that fancy coffee! Also that SOS smells mighty good. Is Mario around? I just saw a diaper laying on the floor.

lbaker
06-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Karen, chipped beef is verrrry thin (almost translucent) slices of dried beef torn up into small (but not teeny) pieces. Make a gravy of milk or half & half if you're really decadent like me, and sifted flour and butter. The beef is already salted so don't add more. Add the beef to the gravy and heat. I like some freshly ground black pepper. Some people like green peppers but you won't find it in mine. Spoon over English Muffins, toast or biscuits. YUMMY in the TUMMY. Southern Comfort Food at its best. It was served to the soldiers in WWII (but very watered down) and they called it sh#@ on a shingle, aka SOS ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-03-2005, 09:51 AM
'Morning everyone!

SOS sounds yummy! Haven't had that in years!

It rained here last night. This morning was foggy but it's supposed to clear up and be mid 70's - cooler near the lake of course. ;)

However, as you may know because of my rabbit fiasco, we haven't gotten any appreciable rain in 2 months. So this weekend we're having a neighborhood wide garage sale and guess what? Yep, they're forcasting rain, can you believe it? :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
06-03-2005, 10:10 AM
I'll take whatever is going! I'm willing to try some of that, despite how dodgy the name makes it sound.

slick
06-03-2005, 10:19 AM
So, are those cows microchipped???:confused: :eek: :D

lbaker
06-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Macro you silly goose, not micro. Macro with cheese anyone?

slick
06-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Who are you calling silly goose? Why I haven't seen a goose around here for ages.....

gini
06-03-2005, 10:50 AM
My email inbox says............Thursday's 109.......

message from Slick
message from Laurie
message from Slick

I just sit here and laugh, thinking, they are up to no good those two!:D :D

Edwina's Secretary
06-03-2005, 11:00 AM
I prefer the Catholic version of SOS.....hard boiled eggs instead of the chipped beef. It is my favorite comfort food. In fact, my sister made it for me recently and asked me not to lick the plate PLEASE!

lbaker
06-03-2005, 01:17 PM
hard boiled eggs in cream gravy... er, I think not :rolleyes: um, thanks anyway? ;)

dukedogsmom
06-03-2005, 01:24 PM
That sounded kind of weird to me, too. But, so did peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwiches. They are delicious! Today is doctor day for me. In a few, I'm off to another one. My back has been killing me for a month and a half so I'm off to the chiropractor. Been wanting to start going again regularly anyway. Now's a good time. There's some cold lemonade sitting on the table for all to enjoy. I'll try and pop back in later.

lbaker
06-03-2005, 01:50 PM
I looooove peanut butter & pickle sandwiches! Good lemonade, thanks. At Gini's BBQ last year it took *let's see, how many PT'ers?* 4 I think, plus Mario to make a pitcher of lemonade. It sure was good though :D

slick
06-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Almost lunchtime here....gee, I get to eat a salad again! Oh joy to the world.

Peanut butter and pickle.....:eek: EWWWWW
Now Cheeze whiz and sweet pickle....that's my style. ;)
My Mom just loves a sammie with sardines and Heinz 57 sauce.

Good luck at the docs, Val.

let's see, how many PT'ers?* 4 I think, plus Mario to make a pitcher of lemonade.
Hmmmmm, one to cut the lemons, one to turn the crank, one to fill the jug and one to do quality control. Mario? Well he was the supervisor flinging his legs all over the place. :D

I think I'll make a pitcher of slushies. Anyone want to join me? It's 5 o'clock somewhere. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
06-03-2005, 02:23 PM
hard boiled eggs in cream gravy... er, I think not um, thanks anyway?

Heathen....:D :D

gini
06-03-2005, 02:31 PM
I have to agree with you Sara............I had forgotten and haven't made eggs that way in years. But I just love that dish.

Laurie, S.O.S. - not at the top of my list.

Edwina's Secretary
06-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Thank you Gini. You and I can have some nice creamed eggs and put them over those wonderful puff pastries. Now....two questions....dry mustard in the cream sauce? Asparagus to go with it?

gini
06-03-2005, 04:14 PM
How can I respond to Thursdays when the cable connection keeps cutting out?:mad: :mad:

Sara, absolutely - dried mustard for sure. And yes, some lovely pencil thin asparagus is just the right touch.

Are we making Laurie gag yet?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I prefer the Catholic version of SOS.....hard boiled eggs instead of the chipped beef.

Hmmm....must be the CHICAGO Catholic version that never had a chance to migrate to the Northern Wisconsin Catholics because I never heard of it made like this! I'd have to taste it before I really judged, and when you add mustard and asparagus it starts to sound a little better, but for now I think I'm with Laurie. :p

Well everybody, I'm off, I'll certainly take some of those slushies to go, Slick. Got a big weekend ahead with neighborhood garage sale all weekend, not to mention a certain paper that still needs writing.....:rolleyes: Better give me the whole pitcher to go, Slick. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :D

Freckles
06-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
That sounded kind of weird to me, too. But, so did peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwiches. They are delicious!

I grew up on peanut butter and DILL pickle sandwiches and still love them. Never tried it with sweet pickles, just doesn't sound right. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
06-03-2005, 06:07 PM
squish! squish! squoosh!

Hi, everyone! Been having thunderstorms all day here. We are between them for now.

I just stopped in to grab 4 catnip teas, a cherry vanilla coke, and some cheese popcorn. The Turner Classic movie channel is going to run the old Blob movie tonight. The one with Steve McQueen!

Love those old movies!!!! :D

Mario, have you been good today? Yes, you can have some popcorn and a beer and watch the movie too, if you promise not to be scared again. :rolleyes: :D

lbaker
06-03-2005, 06:16 PM
Why on earth (or any other place) would I GAG on asperagoose! I looove green goose. Grilled, olive oil, lemon, steamed, ooooh BABY! Gimme that goose. OH, hmmm.. I did refer to Slick as a silly goose. Different species I guess :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-03-2005, 06:19 PM
?????????????????????

Excuse me, I must be on the wrong planet! ;)

slick
06-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Did someone say asparagus......I mean asparagoose????
I'm with you Laurie......I could eat it all day long either with hollandaise sause or mustard sauce.

What's good for the goose is good for the...oh never mind.

Hi MOFF.....it's been a busy day for me today but finally winding down.

4 CNT's and a CVC DONE!

Never been a big fan of old movies myself except for Gone with the Wind.....

Freckles, PB and P???? Sorry, just can't see it. :D

I'm not even going to comment on the creamed eggs.....:eek:

Debbie, you're selling the garage???? Just make sure you return the empty pitcher for us to use next week.;)

Lady's Human
06-03-2005, 06:49 PM
I'll take my 'sparagoose steamed on buttered toast, please.......and then save some for some soup after.

I think Mario visited us, I can't find my glasses and had to break down and buy a new pair (complete with a new eye exam because the 'scrip is 10 yrs old)

anyone for an Irish coffee? I'm serving

davidpizzica
06-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
squish! squish! squoosh!

Hi, everyone! Been having thunderstorms all day here. We are between them for now.

I just stopped in to grab 4 catnip teas, a cherry vanilla coke, and some cheese popcorn. The Turner Classic movie channel is going to run the old Blob movie tonight. The one with Steve McQueen!

Love those old movies!!!! :D

Mario, have you been good today? Yes, you can have some popcorn and a beer and watch the movie too, if you promise not to be scared again. :rolleyes: :D Connie, I love that movie! I have it on vhs. TThe opening music is really good at the beginning. Did the movie scare poor Mario?

lbaker
06-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Have you looked on the roof for your glasses? Mario does have this "thing" for putting keys, glasses etc. on the roof. Mario has a wierd sense of humor sometimes. NO KEYS? NO WORRY MATE! SIT YOURSELF DOWN AND HAVE A BREW!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by david p
Connie, I love that movie! I have it on vhs. TThe opening music is really good at the beginning. Did the movie scare poor Mario? Yea, the part when the Blob eats the little dog, freaks Mario out. He thinks it's going to eat him too! As if I would let it! :)

lbaker
06-03-2005, 07:37 PM
EATS THE LITTLE DOG! eeewwwww. *puts hands over ears* ewwwww :eek: throw up throw up

Lady's Human
06-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Mario didn't put them on the roof, looked there.......Mario, what's that you have on your face?

Time for another coffee....

gini
06-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Mario just loves the creamed eggs that Sara and I made today. That is what is on his face.

He didn't care for the chipped beef AT ALL! Such a smart little one!:D

Corinna
06-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey are you all on diets or something ? the bar conversation all day was about food.
I love the Blob also I have the sielent , the Steven McQueen and the new one. I do love it.

lbaker
06-03-2005, 08:13 PM
humph, pshaw., icky poo "help me rhonda - help, help me rhonda..."

RICHARD
06-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm glad you all are doing well and partying up!

I want a BM really badly, thank god it's friday???

lbaker
06-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Catch you all tomorrow, I'm in a BIG TIME argument/problem with some *word that rhymes with witch* on a dog thread. grrrrr... watch out. I'm loaded for bear. LOCK AND LOAD. :mad: oooops, sorry.. I know, leave the attitude at the door :o

jennifert9
06-03-2005, 08:53 PM
*knock,knock* hello? anybody here?

Just wanted to stop by and let y'all know how much I enjoy these Thursday threads...they are so entertaining, better than a cocktail party in Jersey that's for sure:)
Witty conversation, fun-loving, laid-back group of people...I don't have to dress up...;)
Can I be invited to the next Thursday party?...Richard and I promise, NO BASEBALL TALK! (Can't stay tonight, already had one too many BLs and the bed is calling my name.....)
Keep it up folks, the laughs make life alone in Jersey alot more fun :D :D

dukedogsmom
06-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Lbaker, what thread? You know we want to know! Richard, long time no see. Goodnight Jennifer. Maybe I'll catch you next Thursday.

lbaker
06-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Well I just poured the pitcher of Slushies over my head to cool off, so I'm "mo better now". Lift you r feet up Jenifert, I'll fan the heat... and whatever drink (cyber or otherwise) is on ME. [your money ain't no good in this bar baby]

lbaker
06-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Val, some bonehead "person" is saying.. nah, I'll P.M. you. Keep it out of the bar. I love this bar...come as you are....:cool: I'm mo better now just talking to you all.. ahhhhh......

jennifert9
06-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the drink Laurie! I think I HAVE to stay now...;) (Is that Toby Keith I hear on the jukebox? Or Nirvana? Could go either way I guess....)
Oops, did I trip over a 'troll' on the way here...? Laurie, did you see that? No worries, I've heard they don't last long without food.

AAAH, this beer tastes SO good...thanks for the welcome ladies. Next week, I hope I can make in time for the FOOD!! SOS is the staple of a poor family...I ate that growing up at least 3 times a week!

Now I just eat it for fun:)

gini
06-03-2005, 09:18 PM
(oh, no, another one that likes SOS):D

opps, Hi Jennifert - please don't mind me.

Hey, let me buy you a drink too...........just don't eat that stuff in front of me alright?

slick
06-03-2005, 09:18 PM
want a BM really badly, thank god it's friday???

There's drugs for that Richard.......:p :eek:
OOps, sorry, I know you've had a tough week. One double BM, coming up. DONE!

Hey, you guys are having way to much fun over here. Laurie, I just can't see you getting into arguments....cop a squat and chill. I'll put some money in the jukebox What do you want to hear?

Welcome Jen.....yes, the bar can certainly be entertaining. Just watch out for the Lost and Found. Every now and then, there are some strange noises come from there.:eek: Sleep well my friend.

Everybody....don't worry.....be happy.....

jennifert9
06-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Geez, I guess, I can't leave yet...Gini just bought me another drink...I'm not driving (I don't think...I can't seem to remember after all these drinks....?) It would be rude to leave now...Let me get the next drink for y'all. I make a mean margarita. I think that will come in handy during the dog days of summer coming up... (why do I say y'all? I'm from Syracuse for goodness sake..:D)
OOUUCCHHH...Slick, what was that? I think something just jumped out of that box and bopped me on that head! Oh, that was just Gini's shoe....wasn't that supposed to hit Laurie?

I assume the little one wandering around is Mario? And to whom does he belong...?

lbaker
06-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Oh Jennifert, you are a welcome addition. WOW, another one bites the dust! :o dang, I guess I'm still in a mood.. I'll fill the glasses and watch your as%@#'s. Dang, there I go again :o Oh Gini, lay me down on a mattress in the back yard please ;)

Oggyflute
06-03-2005, 09:50 PM
G'day all, looks like everyone is getting rain. I sure wish we had some, you can send it over here if you like.:D

No Mario, just the rain, you can keep the eggs. But an irish coffee sounds like a great idea, that would hit the spot nicely.:)

Possum are you kissing Mario or just liking the egg off?

Laurie you better have another drink, that lock & load thing might start Mario throwing some eggs.

Watchout! duck! I mean goose........... I mean............

It's OK it's only cherries.:D

slick
06-03-2005, 09:54 PM
Let me get the next drink for y'all. I make a mean margarita
Yeah....you speak my language!!! :) :) Thanks. That really packs a punch. Just so you know, around her some call it a "slushy".
Mario, quit throwing shoes around. Come over here and sit down and I'll tell you a story.

Gee, I miss Possum. Wonder if she's about somewhere?? Oh I see I posted too slow. POSSUM......it's so good to see you again.

Laurie, I spotted a mattress on my way home from work tonight. It's only a single but I think it will do. :D

dukedogsmom
06-03-2005, 09:55 PM
I'll catch those cherries in my mouth because I love them just like Mario. We've had a lot of rain here, too. Did anyone have sunshine today? I'll take a slushie of whatever right now. Between having my tense muscles worked on yesterday and having all my bones cracked back into place today, I'm feeling a little bit rough but thankfully better. I haven't been to the chiropractor in years and years. Felt so good to get everything back where it's supposed to be. I still would like to know what thread was being talked about. I promise I'll be good(insert angel smiley here)

Corinna
06-03-2005, 10:45 PM
I think we need a disco theme next week I'm dieing to put on my boogie shoes and dance to a little disco.
Whoa where did that come from., ummm did some one doctor my SOS with some thing?
Hey Slick I found 2 singles in the garage of my new house will they do?
This thursday thread is getting a bit disjointed(oopps sorry we don't need to go down that thread again but then again it would go with a disco theme )
I think I had better go home now catch you all in the morning.

Oggyflute
06-03-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
I think we need a disco theme next week I'm dieing to put on my boogie shoes and dance to a little disco.
Whoa where did that come from., ummm did some one doctor my SOS with some thing?
Hey Slick I found 2 singles in the garage of my new house will they do?
This thursday thread is getting a bit disjointed(oopps sorry we don't need to go down that thread again but then again it would go with a disco theme )
I think I had better go home now catch you all in the morning.
Now theres are flashback for you.:D
Would we have to have a dress code? "No flares no entry"?
:D

jennifert9
06-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Let me ask a 'silly' "New to Thursdays" question"....if we keep them going through different time zones, do they ever end?!!????? Trevor, aren't you just swaking wup..? I mean, spanking pup?, I mean, just baking up?...I mean....sphorget it....
Oh, excuse, meee am I slurping my words a lidtle....? If I am, sblame it on sGinni and spLaurrie,,, I swear, I tied to leave, they woodn't let me.......:D ;)

Oggyflute
06-04-2005, 01:11 AM
To be honest Jennifer it's just passed 4PM and happy hour, excuse me,.....attitude adjustment hour, is fast approaching.:D

slick mixes a mean slushie so be careful. Theres probably a bottle of a pretty good Australian shiraz still left, so maybe relax in front of the fire and sip a glass or two.;)

jennifert9
06-04-2005, 01:22 AM
OK Trev..this Kangaroo ( I think her name is Alice and he's white) is for you.....I should have given up HOURS ago...but I can't pull myself away....
*ZZZZZZZZZZZI means, I'm sphine......I'm awake.....I mean I'm a snake...I mean....I live in a lake...I mean...OK senough.............

No more for me flease. I'd like to pfeave here wifh my dignithy inthact....byebfye....

davidpizzica
06-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Trev, I'm afaid that Jennifer got into a batch that Slick made! They're pretty (hic!) potent!!

lbaker
06-04-2005, 08:41 AM
*BANG BANG BANGS ON PANS* HAHAHAHHA, anyone have a headache?? :D Dang, sorry [not really] it's just that I had a nice sleep and dreamed of warm puppies and krazy kittens. mmmm, nice. Beaten biscuits (it's a Southern thang, and gets some anger out whilst you beat them) go good with erotic coffee and scrapple. hee hee, I'm in another evil mood. Thanks for the mattress bud. I love you all ways, always :cool:

Killearn Kitties
06-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone. What is that noise???? Good grief, it's you Laurie. I thought Eddie and the boys had moved in to demolish the walls!

dukedogsmom
06-04-2005, 12:42 PM
I guess we're having a late lunch here. So, what would everyone want? I know I would love a big steak but unfortunately, all I've got is hot dogs. Got anything good to go with them? I've also brought along my favorite drink, Cherry Coke.

lbaker
06-04-2005, 02:13 PM
If the dogs are on the grill, yummm, I'll slow cook some brown beans with molasses and diced onions on the back burner. Some coleslaw would be a nice touch, don't you think? A Southern dinner maybe but some New England brown bread really adds to it! hmmm, what to drink with dogs, beans and brown bread? NEKKID BEER!

dukedogsmom
06-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Sounds really good! I think we're the only two here at the time. Maybe the others will be around in a bit. I've got to start getting ready for work pretty soon. Oh joy.

gini
06-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Nope, I am here..........just lurking in the background until those baked beans are done.............

feeling very mellow today............and quiet..........

And I have soooo much to do.............oh well, bring on lunch!

I'll make tomorrow's lunch.

RICHARD
06-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Sounds really good! I think we're the only two here at the time. Maybe the others will be around in a bit. I've got to start getting ready for work pretty soon. Oh joy.

I'm in....I hope those dogs aren't veggie dogs.....Ugh they sreve those at work...

Let me fire up the BBQ...it's nice outside..

DONE!

dukedogsmom
06-04-2005, 02:46 PM
I never use veggie dogs. Ball park franks are really good. I like mine almost burnt. The baked beans are smelling really good. And there's nothing like a cold beer on a hot day.

lbaker
06-04-2005, 02:47 PM
OUCH, I just knicked my knuckle while shredding the cabbage for the slaw :mad: hate it when that happens. whoa, "knicked my knuckles wearing twisted knickers, sisters". Kowabunga, I'm still in a mood, aren't I :eek: Hi RICHARD, watch my back will ya? ;)

gini
06-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Oh Laurie:D :D :D

lbaker
06-04-2005, 02:53 PM
what? where? huh? It's just me. I'm only what I am. Were you expecting something more? ;) :D

slick
06-04-2005, 05:01 PM
OMD....What's gone on around here? :eek:
There's blood on the veggie shredder, beans all over the place and hot dogs getting burnt on the bbq. Anybody here???

Good grief Charlie Brown, looks like I'll have to start my clean up duty. Oh well, better get in practice for Gini's place.

Mario sweetie, I think you need your diaper changed. EWWWWW, have you been into the baked beans???? **sigh** never mind, I love you anyway. Come on, let's go clean you up.

So Gini's feeling mellow yellow and Laurie's mood is more like twisted turquoise. The rest of you seem quite "normal".....
:p ;) Richard, nice of you to check in. I miss you.

Right back atcha Laurie. **smooch**

3pm here....time for happy hour to start. I think I'll whip up a batch of slushies....guess I'd better follow the recipe this time. Seems like last night's batch was a little strong....:eek:

lbaker
06-04-2005, 05:10 PM
"normal" as compaired to what? I need a life preserver right now because I'm jumping into the deep end. I will get by. I will survive. A little touch of grey. :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
06-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Well hello, girls. I'll help clean up. Beans? Are they here from last week? YUK! I'll just have one of those slushies before I start, please!

slick
06-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Well that's very true Laurie. What is normal?? Certainly not me, that's for sure. You know that I'll be your life preserver any time you need one, sister. I'm round and I float....:rolleyes: :D

Hi Karen, no need to help out. I've got everything under control. Just sit down and relax. One slushy, DONE!

Oh dear, there goes Gini's inbox again.....
message from slick
message from laurie
message from karen
message from slick

She'll think we are up to no good again. Who me?? Never! :D :D

Killearn Kitties
06-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Poor Gini! :D Do you think she is getting paranoid? Perhaps this BBQ is putting too much strain on her? You'll just all have to come to me next year!!! Hurray!

(Bring your brollies... )

lbaker
06-04-2005, 05:41 PM
If I bring my brollie can I do my Gene Kelly dance? Will you move the furniture so I don't hurt myself?"singing in the rain..." :p Splish splash I was taking a bath.... oh dear, "you cut off!" I hear that all the time :rolleyes:

slick
06-04-2005, 05:55 PM
:D :D :D LOLOLOLOL Laurie, we'll have to practice that at Gini's this year. Just think, free entertainment. No, not the bath....:eek: :D...the dance, silly!

Karen, when I'm down there, I'm planning on getting the group aside and talking about this UK trip. I've already given my boss the heads-up about it...possibly the end of next April...remember there is a significant birthday to celebrate next year...;) so timing is important. EEEEEEKKKKKK!

Killearn Kitties
06-04-2005, 06:29 PM
EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK, indeed! It's so exciting! Entertainment laid on too - Laurie birling around with her brolly and all! This calls for a slushie to celebrate!

I'll take mine then head off to bed I think!

gini
06-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Today's horrorscope told me to do my housecleaning.......and be happy that I have a place to clean........YES SIR! TWO BAGS FULL!

But the whole time I am cleaning I hear this little voice that says (check your inbox..........check your inbox.....}

And here I am finding Laurie in a mood from rare......and Slick doing the same thing I am doing...........cleaning..........the bar.

Karen, do you really take off your head when you go to bed?

Could I please have a Bailey's over crushed ice so I can wrap up this cleaning frenzy?

It is just about to kill me............I hate cleaning.........puttering yes, but serious cleaning....not my thing.

davidpizzica
06-04-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm just stopping in to say good night. I've had a very long day (started work at 5:30 this morning). So I'll just grab a slushie then head for bed. The old man's tired!

slick
06-04-2005, 11:08 PM
AWWWW look, David is asleep in the recliner chair and Karen is passed out on the couch. I'll just put blankies on them for the night.

Gini, I feel your pain. Tomorrow is major housecleaning for me. I mean cleaning the windows and dusting in places that I've never seen before. :D Yuck. Do you suppose your cleaning lady would be willing to make a trip to Canada??? LOL. Bailey's with ice DONE!

I'm in the mood for something light...maybe a Gin and Tonic with lemon. Yeah, that will do the trick. :)

Oggyflute
06-04-2005, 11:17 PM
:eek: Bodies and beans everywhere, looks like it's been quite a day.:D

Might just have a heart starter I think. Had a hard night of curry and cabernet, so feeling a tad dusty today.

dukedogsmom
06-04-2005, 11:32 PM
You know what beans mean, don' t you? I'm opening the door to get some fresh night air. It's getting kind of funky in here. I'm working again so will be up all night long while you lucky people sleep.

slick
06-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Val, it's only 9:50pm here so I'll be coherant for another 30 min or so.

Trev, settle down for a bit. Can I get you guys anything???

dukedogsmom
06-04-2005, 11:59 PM
It's been busy since I got here and that was 6 hours ago. I'm getting fed up. Phones are still ringing like it's early evening. I hate it! Something relaxing for me, please. I want to go home.

gini
06-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Thought I would pop back in for a nite-cap. Most of the cleaning got done.........but some didn't get done...........I just turned a blind eye.

I am reading a good book..........so I think I will just curl up by the fire and continue reading. But not before I grab another Baileys.

slick
06-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Val, hmmm relaxing....how about a shot of brandy????
Gini, one shot of Bailey's.

DONE!

dukedogsmom
06-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Would love it! Make it a double.

Oggyflute
06-05-2005, 12:14 AM
Curry doesn't exactly make the air any fresher eather.:eek: :)

A bloody mary might just get my blood pumping slick.:D

slick
06-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Would love it! Make it a double.
Double shot of brandy DONE! Hopefully that won't make you fall asleep on the job.
A double BM for you Uncle Trev. DONE!

I'm starting to fade here. I'll leave the bartender's book on the counter for you night owl's.

There's a clean supply of Mario's diapers in the cupboard. Mario, be good. **kisses Mario on the forehead**

Nighty night all. Love ya!
slick xo

Oggyflute
06-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Delicious.:)

Just got to go and pop the roast in the oven. (Beef marinated in teryaki & ginger, with a spicy mango glaze:p )

dukedogsmom
06-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Sounds wonderful! My stomach is growling. I've brought a frozen dinner and somehow I don't think it will taste that good.

Killearn Kitties
06-05-2005, 01:48 AM
Of course, Gini! If you take your head off when you go to bed, your hair isn't flat in the morning! :D

Corinna
06-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Hey that roast smell great but what in the heck is that other funky smell? oh yes I know beans ok. I guess I'm off to work thank dog its my friday . See ya all later.

davidpizzica
06-05-2005, 02:03 PM
You're right, Corinna! The roast and beans smell awfully tempting! I just might get an order and a diet lime coke, too.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by gini
It is just about to kill me............I hate cleaning.........puttering yes, but serious cleaning....not my thing.

Oh drat! I missed my chance. Gini, I don't mind cleaning, but as you may have noticed, I __C-A-N__N-O-T__S-T-A-N-D__ writing papers. I would have cleaned your house inside out and upside down if you had written this goofy paper for me! :rolleyes:

I'm currently 27% done and I'm actually going to hit it and finish it tonight if it kills me!!! So if I'm dead and miss the BBQ, you can blame the IT Security class at DeVry. :rolleyes:

You guys have been having way too much fun here this weekend. :D Sorry I can't participate, but I'll just grab this pitcher of slushies and head off to paper writing he**. Alcohol makes me more creative. ;) :rolleyes:

RICHARD
06-05-2005, 07:37 PM
hi, I stopped in far a drizzle....

Straight shot of Jose Cuervo........

Anyone? Anyone???

;) Done?

slick
06-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Well, I just thought I would sneak in here for a quick one before the bar closes for the week.

Yes, I meant to get at my housecleaning today but that plan didn't pan out. LOL

Hmmm, I see my friend Jose sitting on the bar. Just the thing to end off a weekend. Let's see slam back the straight shot....lick the salt.....suck on the lime (or is it lemon??? :confused: ) Whatever, sounds good to me. DONE!