PDA

View Full Version : We found baby bunnies!

Toby's my baby
06-01-2005, 02:13 PM
We were fencing this morning, and we heard a "death cry" my dad said it was a bird, but when my sister went to grab it from Maggie, it was a baby rabbit. She took it from Maggie, and it was still alive. Maggie found 5 more. We took them all and kept them for a little bit, just to make sure there werent anymore. Maggie came up to us holding a baby rabbit, but sadly she had killed it :( We tied up Maggie and we put them back into there nest that I found. We have tried to keep Maggie out of there, and so far she has stayed away. I hope nothing happens to them. I didnt get a chance to take any pictures of them before we released them though.

ramanth
06-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Awww. I'm glad you were able to save some of the bunnies. My parents live near an alfalfa field and we raised some baby bunnies when the mom was killed after the next was uprooted.

cookieluver7
06-01-2005, 03:35 PM
AWWW!! I bet they were adorable....it's too bad you can't take pictures!! Glad you were able to save most of them and for the little bunny who died.....R.I.P.:(

chrissycat21
06-01-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm glad you were able to save some of them!

Snowy has found many rabbit nests in our yard, and has killed a few rabbits, too. :(

Make sure you watch for rabbits at the same time next year because I have noticed (here, atleast) that the rabbits are coming back year after year.

Anita Cholaine
06-01-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm glad you saved some of them. Little bunneis are so pretty!!! My first pet was a rabbit actually

lute
06-01-2005, 06:44 PM
thats good you saved as many as you could. i hope Maggie stays away from the nest!

Toby's my baby
06-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by lute
thats good you saved as many as you could. i hope Maggie stays away from the nest!

Me too! :)

I am glad we got to save them too. I have owned many many rabbits, since I was young. And about 20 baby rabbits too. :) :o