PDA

View Full Version : Part Siamese

mspoisel
02-04-2002, 02:22 AM
I have a kitten who is part Siamese-part DSH. I've noticed
differences between her and my other cats. Namely that
she seems really sneaky lol. I don't know if that is just her
personality or what. She also doesn't really meow much--
it's more of chirping or a series of chirps.

I heard that Siamese cats have joint problems. Has anyone
heard anything like that?

If you want to see her her picture is here:

http://sarahicia.tripod.com/zoe.jpg

Sarah

yumyum6970
02-04-2002, 07:30 AM
Hi,

I have a kitten well she is 9 months old and is also part siamese. Be glad she is quiet now because when she gets older she will meow LOTS. Especially wanting to go outside. :) My little Yum Yum is sneaky too, and she loves ATTENTION. I haven't heard of the joint problems they have though. When I take Yum Yum to the vet the doctor says she is fine and healthy. She weighs SEVEN lbs already. She is going to be a HUGE cat!!
I tried to pull up the photo you have of her but it didn't work. :(

Here is a photo of my little yum yum though :)

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

wayne0214
02-04-2002, 08:48 AM
mspoisel: siameses cats appear to be sneaky, but that is just their nature. My Snow Tiger is mostly Siamese, and whenever I eat something he can find more way of getting at my meal than is imagnable.:D Yet, when he is playing with the other cats, he has his own way of doing. Siamese are certainly an interrsting breed of cat. I have noticed that they will often do what ever enter their mind. And since they are a "doing" cat. they must have a very perceptive mind.

.........wayne

lynnestankard
02-04-2002, 10:20 AM
Hello Sarah and welcome.

We had a Siamese called Kisi (RB) and she never had trouble with her joints. In fact she could run up curtains and sit at the top looking so sweet!!:)
She wasn't sneaky at all - just very very intelligent and she would TALK = a proper question and answer session could be had with her - and she varied the volume too. Could be very LOUD when she wanted to!!:D :D

Lynne

Hbrika
02-25-2002, 02:54 PM
I heard that about the joints but none of the Siamese cats I have ever met had that problem.

Oh yeah Siamese cats do talk and talk and talk with really neat voices. My Suess is half-Siamese so she chats with an accent :)

And she is very vocal if I walk by the stairs without petting her or just wants to know where I am.

She uses the same voice that she used when looking for her kittens.

I recommend Siamese cats they are very loyal, loving and supersmart but not for everyone as they are kinda weird cats.

She fits in good at our house.

She is fixed now, we got her as a stray and she had kittens one of whom still lives with us. The others have wonderful homes and are quite happily ruling their owners :)

TwiggyZim7
03-26-2002, 07:46 PM
:D My kitten Snow White is a mutt. She actually looks like a flame point Siamese. My friend got a kitten from my mom who actually turned out to be a Siamese/Himalayan/Calico mix, his name is Tag. I got her because my Torti Tabby Boston was hit by a car in January, leaving me miserable. My uncle's cat had 4 kittens and he gave me one. I picked her because of how gorgeous she is. She is white with orange/tan ears, orange/tan tail, and big blue eyes! That is why I named her Snow White.

AmberLee
03-26-2002, 07:53 PM
Snow White sounds adorable. I look forward to hearing more about her as she grows. Welcome to Pet Talk -- those of us addicted to this place think it's the best place on the internet.

So sorry to hear about little Boston, your Rainbow Bridge baby. May you find comfort and healing here sharing stories; as you will find healing with Snow White.

purrley
03-27-2002, 07:22 AM
Hi Sarah - Welcome to Pet Talker Utopia:D :D I have 2 purebred Siameseers and they are really something. No, I haven't heard of any joint problems other than the problems they cause in my Joint:D :D They are talkers and very good company. I've had Siamese all my life and I'll probably always have one;)

TwiggyZim7
03-27-2002, 03:28 PM
Thanks AmberLee,

Snow White does give me pleasure. It's so cute to watch her play with my mom's two Yorkies and her Lab. They make her look like a little dwarf. Her fav thing to do is to eat the dog's food instead of her own, hehe. My other cat Symba doesn't know what to think of her, so he stays away from her as much as possible, and my mom's cat just hisses at her and walks away.
She is to much fun!
:cool:

Jen