PDA

View Full Version : My husband hit a deer...

caseysmom
05-31-2005, 10:36 PM
Well actually the deer hit his car. He was driving home the other night and a deer ran out in front of his car, he managed to stop in time and the deer ran off, just as he started accelarting again another deer jumped up out of a ditch and hit his car, hopefully she is okay.

I called the highway patrol and asked them to have somebody drive by but it was memorial day weekend they were probably too busy. My husband said she ran off so hopefully she made it, his car isn't damaged horribly but it will probaby be over $1,000 so he reported it to our insurance company.

He was totally shook up about it he said it was really big.

CountryWolf07
06-01-2005, 12:41 AM
That's not good! At least your husband is OK!

kimlovescats
06-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Glad your hubby is ok! We have lots of deer around here. My parents live in a large neighborhood within the city, but the deer come at dark and eat the apples off of their trees! It's cute, but sad, because our city is expanding so much, that all the wooded areas are being developed, and this is forcing the wildlife closer into the city. Soon, they won't have any space to be free.:(

LKPike
06-01-2005, 08:13 AM
my mother, sister, neice, and I hit a deer christmas night 2001. I completely went in shock - couldnt eat, depressed, vomiting, etc. All I could think about was seeing the deers face hitting my side of the windshield, and the noise. it totaled the car.

The next day, I spent some time with my father and his first question was "... did you cook it?" I said what do you mean?? He said "the deer! did you go get him, atleast? deer meat makes good jerky." :rolleyes:

ramanth
06-01-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm glad your hubby is okay and I hope the deer is too.

The same thing happened to me and my mom.

I stopped for a deer in the road and she ran off into the woods. As I was accelerating, she turned around and ran into the drivers side door. Scared the crap out of me!! :eek: :p

My mom stopped for a herd of deer crossing and after they had passed, she began to accelerate and a deer landed right on the hood of her car. That deer didn't make it. :( But it was good eatin'. :D

caseysmom
06-01-2005, 10:43 AM
He has been looking around for her whenever he passes on that road, hopefully she just got a nasty bruise.

ramanth
06-01-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm sure she's okay. Probably just stunned or startled her.

AbbyMom
06-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Glad it wasn't disasterous!

I hit a deer several years ago and the police officer that did the accident report gave me a very good piece of advice: Whenever you see a deer, honk the horn!

They apparently are usually frightened into running when they hear it (as opposed to starting into the headlights).

And you know what? It works.

I've used the horn to scare away deer from the road at least four times now. I keep my hand on the horn (like the officer advised) when going through a "deer thick" area.

petslover
06-01-2005, 03:25 PM
wow, Those deer can sure cause alot of damage to a car. That is alot of money. I am glad your husband is okay though.