PDA

View Full Version : Need Prayers for Miko - Surgery

Queen of Poop
05-31-2005, 09:24 PM
I took Miko (ferret) back to the vet for the 2 week check after our last visit. The lump (suspected hairball) in his belly is the same. But he's lost 200 grams in the 2 weeks. I had to leave him there overnight. First thing tomorrow he will have blood work done and later tomorrow morning he'll have surgery. We sure could use some prayers and good thoughts.

jodi
06-01-2005, 01:02 PM
my prayers are with you.:(

Queen of Poop
06-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Thank you. Good news is he's pulled thru surgery. It was a massive hairball. The vet also checked his adrenal glands while he had him open and they appear normal - no signs of adrenal gland disease. My sweet boy is waking up and I will go pick him up this evening. :)

Queen of Poop
06-02-2005, 08:50 AM
The vet removed the hugest hairball ever from sweet Miko. It must have been growing there for a very long time. No wonder he's always been such a skinny boy. They told me to force feed today if he didn't eat. But he's a hungry boy now, ate his chicken soup last night and twice this morning. I think he's going to recover very well. :D

jodi
06-03-2005, 10:28 AM
I am so glad that Miko is doing good. It is always good news when they pull through something like that.
lucky boy to have a loving person like you to take care of him.
jodi

lv4dogs
06-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Glad to hear Miko's doing good & has that awful thing out of his belly.

Queen of Poop
06-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Miko's doing so well!!! :D He is eating like a little piggy, taking his medicine like a trooper and he's even cuddled with me a time or two in between naps. He's really quite bruised so I am afraid to hold him as he looks so sore. But the chicken soup goes in one end and comes out the other just like it is supposed to. I'm so glad my sweetie pie is doing so well. Thank you for your comments and interest. :)